Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up VIN 67749 today at 4PM at the Centinela Service Center in LA. It was raining pretty hard today, even though it didn't rain at all this week and the forecast for the rest of the week is all sunny sunny sunny. Oh well, didn't have a chance to test Insane mode but will do so at the earliest opportunity once the weather clears.

The delivery was very smooth. Everybody at the Service Center was running around like crazy delivering cars left and right, and even with all the madness going on it went pretty flawlessly for us after a short delay at the beginning due to all the backed up deliveries before us. The delay had a silver lining though, in that Elon unexpectedly showed up at the SC as we were about to leave to say hi to the staff and the owners. I had a quick chat with him and I thought he was an awesome down-to-earth guy.

Anyway, next step is to get the car nanocoated and get some gray 19" TST turbine wheels as soon as they're back in stock over here. Super excited about driving a Model S again after several long weeks of driving my wife's ICE.

Picked up VIN 67749 today at 4PM at the Centinela Service Center in LA. It was raining pretty hard today, even though it didn't rain at all this week and the forecast for the rest of the week is all sunny sunny sunny. Oh well, didn't have a chance to test Insane mode but will do so at the earliest opportunity once the weather clears.

The delivery was very smooth. Everybody at the Service Center was running around like crazy delivering cars left and right, and even with all the madness going on it went pretty flawlessly for us after a short delay at the beginning due to all the backed up deliveries before us. The delay had a silver lining though, in that Elon unexpectedly showed up at the SC as we were about to leave to say hi to the staff and the owners. I had a quick chat with him and I thought he was an awesome down-to-earth guy.

Anyway, next step is to get the car nanocoated and get some gray 19" TST turbine wheels as soon as they're back in stock over here. Super excited about driving a Model S again after several long weeks of driving my wife's ICE.

Blaz,
Getting to chat with Elon at your delivery was the frosting on the cake, and you still have your first insane acceleration launch ahead of you. Wishing you a sunny day, dry roads, and the inevitable Tesla grin tomorrow.

Took delivery tonight at the MSP SC. Great to be back in a Tesla.

This beast loves power though. 120mile drive home, at 70 mph, however outdoor temp is -8F, (-24F wind chill), average 540Wh/mile!!!! Drove in sport mode all the way home and did not have range mode on. But wow! Good job we have the Albert Lea Supercharger or would not have made it home. Started with 212 range miles, rolled into Albert Lea supercharger with 34 miles, (89 miles from Tesla service center), and consumed another 70 on the last 35 miles home.

Have not tried any "insane" launches yet. Just too cold. You can definitely feel quite a bit more power under your foot than in the previous P85. Suspension is firmer, although again maybe the extreme cold temps may be influencing that feel too.

Overall very happy to have a Model S back in my garage! :)

Lots of P85D's waiting to be delivered to happy new owners in MSP though!

image.jpg

My norwegian car shows Production Complete now:biggrin: now hoping that Teala has saved all the nice next gen seats for us so that I dont get the old ones! Cant believe they would risk sending a bunch of seats all the way to Norway.

That's great news to end 2014 with! Is your estimated delivery date still March? It's interesting to see that your car was the first European one (from the spreadsheet) entering production. Even if there are several "late February" cars in the list that have not entered production yet.

My norwegian car shows Production Complete now:biggrin: now hoping that Teala has saved all the nice next gen seats for us so that I dont get the old ones! Cant believe they would risk sending a bunch of seats all the way to Norway.

My car went into production the same time as yours. Expecting it to finish any time now. Did you keep your 2015 VIN even though the car was built in 2014?

Been Ipad-only for some weeks now so havent been able to update the spreadsheet. Late february for at least a month if not nearly two.

In that case, I have added the 12/31/2014 finished production date for you. Have not touched the March delivery date since that's what it apparently said at the time of confirmation. Hope to see more cars for Europe entering production the next couple of days.

I'm also wondering if there will not be a small production line stop in January. I was told this might happen by a Tesla employee in November but have not heard or read anything about it since.

- - - Updated - - -

My car went into production the same time as yours. Expecting it to finish any time now. Did you keep your 2015 VIN even though the car was built in 2014?

Hi frosken, you are still welcome to add your data to the tracking sheet:
Tesla P85D tracking - Google Sheets
If you need help, just shout. Us Europeans will see much more movement now.

Still shows FFP so 2015 yes:confused: A bit strange, but I wont complain.

In that case, I have added the 12/31/2014 finished production date for you. Have not touched the March delivery date since that's what it apparently said at the time of confirmation.

Congrats! Thats great news! My Norwegian P85D entered production yesterday, hopefully being shipped with the first batch "over here" :biggrin:
MyTesla indicates March delivery.

Great run down, MikeBur. Would you mind posting some pics? I've ordered the same colors and seeing some pics of your car might help me get through the interminable wait for the 'D' to make it Downunder.

As promised some pics now I'm back. Note these are with silver 21" cyclones on (winter tyres and wheels). Hope these work out, first time posting images.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

After lurking on this forum for over a month, I finally have something to share. Took delivery yesterday of my P85D #66809, at the Seattle service center. Less than 24 hours with my first Tesla but so much fun.

One nit: there is no coat hanger in the passenger compartment, an odd Yugo-esque omission.

I’m still firmly in the honeymoon phase with my new toy--volunteering for errands and taking the long way home—but we’re off to a great start. Thanks to all forum members who helped make my wait bearable and provided such tremendous expertise. And happy New Year.

Congratulations! I'm a few days further in and the inane cackles and unprompted expletives show no signs of abating yet.

As promised some pics now I'm back. Note these are with silver 21" cyclones on (winter tyres and wheels). Hope these work out, first time posting images.
View attachment 67605View attachment 67606View attachment 67609View attachment 67610
View attachment 67611

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations! I'm a few days further in and the inane cackles and unprompted expletives show no signs of abating yet.
wow that is almost identical to mine. More pics is very welcome since the sun/shade hides the color of car and wheels a bit.

Do you have the premiuim interior package? I didnt order that one but have black next gen seats and black alcantara with carbon so very close:)

What are people seeing as the base price on their invoices?

Hi all, When I cancelled and reordered I noticed that the base price on my dashboard now includes the dual-motors and performance option -- so it's jumped from ~$70k to around $100k. That makes a difference in the licensing and insurance costs. I'm curious how the invoices look for those of you who've taken delivery.