Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reposting mine. Second time getting blue.

Blue/tan next gen/gloss obeche/black headliner/21" grey wheels. Quite the stunner in person.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420993646.961862.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420993660.349504.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420993673.756359.jpg

Blue/tan next gen/gloss obeche/black headliner/21" grey wheels. Quite the stunner in person.
Blue is AWESOME!

On another note... the revamped Tesla Website shows a range of 405km now for the P85D. Was it always this low? The main page shows "up to 502km of range but the highest range shown below is for the 85 and 85D showing 425km of range. I suppose 425 is EPA and 502 is full highway "ideal" range.

I also noticed that the Model X stuff is nearly non-existent (just the basic "reserve now" page) and says 2016 delivery...

And the more online pics I have seen of the blue the more I am liking it!
It has been fairly rare in Calgary. I think another owner posted a pic of another one besides mine and when Footbag had his car delivered there was a blue tesla on the truck destined for Calgary. Thus there could be at least four of us; however that is pretty trivial in a city of over 600,000 vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 68892View attachment 68893View attachment 68894
That's my exterior look so I'm loving it. I think I said this before but that particular lighting lets it show black and blue highlights to maximum effect. My first pics of my original delivery we're on a fairly bleak winter morning last February. The car looks completely black in that light. As I happen to love black cars too that is fine with me. It's a chameleon color.

Blue is AWESOME!

On another note... the revamped Tesla Website shows a range of 405km now for the P85D. Was it always this low? The main page shows "up to 502km of range but the highest range shown below is for the 85 and 85D showing 425km of range. I suppose 425 is EPA and 502 is full highway "ideal" range.

I also noticed that the Model X stuff is nearly non-existent (just the basic "reserve now" page) and says 2016 delivery...
...and the Tesla website just updated with "up to 435km range (EPA estimated)" and the 85D shows slightly higher estimated range than the 85. Either Tesla was working on this already or they read my forum post. Hmmm... just in case, "CAN YOU GET MY P85D ON A TRUCK PLEASE, IT'S BEEN 16 DAYS SINCE COMPLETION!" :/

Today was the day I got my first Tesla. Yes I am a happy customer (albeit with caveats). As I’ve conveyed before, the delivery experience is abnormal in my case as Tesla built more vehicles than they could transport in their end of year surge. To make sure the car was off Tesla’s property before the end of the year (so I could claim the 2014 deduction), they staged them to a shipper’s lot down the road and it was up to the shipper to schedule and deliver the vehicles across the country. My car was finished just after Christmas and had to sit until the 6th of January before it was put on a covered car transport with 5 other cars. The “Tesla delivery experience” is thus bypassed. I got word yesterday that the truck was in the Houston area but my car was the last one on the truck and was delivered this morning to my house. Watching the car extracted from the front of the second deck of this truck was not a fun experience. But in no time the car was mine!
The car had a bit of a dirt layer from its time outside but the 2,000 mile trip didn’t harm it at all. I knew ahead of time it would not have the 2nd gen seats and I have no real idea when they will swap them out. No pix today as it was cold and cloudy and the car is not clean. (but soon) Tesla delivery folks did schedule a detailing but it’s 4 weeks away. Ah well. It’ll be detailed and XPEL covered and OptiCoated well before that.
Driving impressions are as everyone has said before. No words really. Feels very solidly planted on the ground (helped by the 5,000 pounds no doubt), and corners FLAT. I thought I was prepared for the catapult experience, but no. Only if you are a Navy pilot are you prepared for this. On the first launch I was pressed back in the seat so far I had to hang onto the wheel to not loose connection with it. Like hitting warp drive. I adjusted my seat and made another run. Not going to get tired of that juvenile fun! I was solo. You really need to brief, no Warn, your passengers before you punch it. For a sane person, the exhilaration quickly transcends to fear. I would not push it much passed 60 or your guests may have to clean up afterward. And that was in the daytime. I would think the dark would amplify the fear response greatly. Normal driving is also rewarding. The P85D is so responsive nearly every acceleration you do can give you a nice dose of serotonin.

Today was the day I got my first Tesla. Yes I am a happy customer (albeit with caveats). As I’ve conveyed before, the delivery experience is abnormal in my case as Tesla built more vehicles than they could transport in their end of year surge. To make sure the car was off Tesla’s property before the end of the year (so I could claim the 2014 deduction), they staged them to a shipper’s lot down the road and it was up to the shipper to schedule and deliver the vehicles across the country. My car was finished just after Christmas and had to sit until the 6th of January before it was put on a covered car transport with 5 other cars. The “Tesla delivery experience” is thus bypassed. I got word yesterday that the truck was in the Houston area but my car was the last one on the truck and was delivered this morning to my house. Watching the car extracted from the front of the second deck of this truck was not a fun experience. But in no time the car was mine!
The car had a bit of a dirt layer from its time outside but the 2,000 mile trip didn’t harm it at all. I knew ahead of time it would not have the 2nd gen seats and I have no real idea when they will swap them out. No pix today as it was cold and cloudy and the car is not clean. (but soon) Tesla delivery folks did schedule a detailing but it’s 4 weeks away. Ah well. It’ll be detailed and XPEL covered and OptiCoated well before that.
Driving impressions are as everyone has said before. No words really. Feels very solidly planted on the ground (helped by the 5,000 pounds no doubt), and corners FLAT. I thought I was prepared for the catapult experience, but no. Only if you are a Navy pilot are you prepared for this. On the first launch I was pressed back in the seat so far I had to hang onto the wheel to not loose connection with it. Like hitting warp drive. I adjusted my seat and made another run. Not going to get tired of that juvenile fun! I was solo. You really need to brief, no Warn, your passengers before you punch it. For a sane person, the exhilaration quickly transcends to fear. I would not push it much passed 60 or your guests may have to clean up afterward. And that was in the daytime. I would think the dark would amplify the fear response greatly. Normal driving is also rewarding. The P85D is so responsive nearly every acceleration you do can give you a nice dose of serotonin.
Congrats, RobinF, and thank you for sharing your delivery and launch experience!

Just be happy your car completed production at all! Our cars entered production on the same date and yours have finished twice while mine is still showing as in production :)

I just wonder if my car that finished a week ago are waiting for yours at the harbour, or if its actually going to come to Norway earlier. According to my DS it will be many cars at the same time when my car arrives...