Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 67714 entered production Jan 15th, completed production Jan 16th... seems too fast and good to be true :)

Spoke with my DS today, he does not know what seats are in the car, but when I raised the question, he did come with the story about a change in the Next Gen seats in the back "not folding down" and that due to "customer feedback, back seats are changed". I hope I receive the "old" Next Gen seats and heated steering wheel.

More importantly, I just want to get into the car and off the forum.... now just need to wait for the car make the journey from Freemont to New Jersey to Rotterdam to Switzerland and then Geneva.

P85D Ordered |Red| Tan - Next Gen | Carbon Fiber |Alcantara Headliner| 21" Grey Wheels | All options except rear facing seats |

VIN 67714 entered production Jan 15th, completed production Jan 16th... seems too fast and good to be true :)

Spoke with my DS today, he does not know what seats are in the car, but when I raised the question, he did come with the story about a change in the Next Gen seats in the back "not folding down" and that due to "customer feedback, back seats are changed". I hope I receive the "old" Next Gen seats and heated steering wheel.

More importantly, I just want to get into the car and off the forum.... now just need to wait for the car make the journey from Freemont to New Jersey to Rotterdam to Switzerland and then Geneva.

P85D Ordered |Red| Tan - Next Gen | Carbon Fiber |Alcantara Headliner| 21" Grey Wheels | All options except rear facing seats |
That is not a normal production time I'm thinking that maybe there was a dashboard update issue. Mine has been in production since the 10th but that was a Saturday and I'm assuming they aren't working Sundays. Theoretically mine should be done today - fingers crossed sweat on brow.

- - - Updated - - -

GP,
I'm finding my great idea to fill the P+ to PD gap with a McLaren was not so great (at least for my wallet). I love the car. I'm toying with the idea of changing colors but will be keeping a 12C longer term....... Neat car.

No sympathy from me :) I'm driving a rental ford fusion right now.

GP,

Oh, that is just not right. I'm feeling bad here. Friends should not let friends drive fusions.
Thanks for feeling it!
If I'd known it would be this long I might have made other arrangements but I set the bar pretty low. The first vehicle I drove was my son's 2005 Ford Escape (when I thought it was only a week or two). When the delivery started slipping I talked to my DS and it turned out that he was empowered to provide a "luxury rental". I decided to take him up on this and he sent me to Enterprise. They gave me some Chevy model that I can't remember but that was essentially bottom of the line. That was all they had. I called them up a few days later and mentioned that Tesla had specified a luxury car so they told me to come in and gave me the fusion. At this point I'm not going to push it as I'm not sure Enterprise has anything more "luxurious" and the reality is the fusion is not bad and even has some features that the Tesla doesn't have yet :) A McClaren would be nicer but that was never in the cards anyway and you clearly planned this out well.

So, my re-order car went into production on the 10th and is still in production 6 days later (it started on a Saturday so if they don't work Sunday that is at least a full 5 days now). It is probably too early to panic but.... ahhhhhhhhhhh - flashbacks!

(Sorry to anyone new to this thread, I was among people who ordered late last year and my car went into the twilight zone (aka the black hole) for about 24 days (it was still in production when I gave up and re-ordered).

My car finally finished sunning itself in California and is now on a truck heading to Toronto.:smile:
Woo-hoo! It's a race to Canada for our cars. Mine is scheduled for delivery one week today as I will be (ironically) in California M-F next week.

- - - Updated - - -

So, my re-order car went into production on the 10th and is still in production 6 days later (it started on a Saturday so if they don't work Sunday that is at least a full 5 days now). It is probably too early to panic but.... ahhhhhhhhhhh - flashbacks!

(Sorry to anyone new to this thread, I was among people who ordered late last year and my car went into the twilight zone (aka the black hole) for about 24 days (it was still in production when I gave up and re-ordered).
This really is an exercise in patience!

madartist,
I'm getting a call when it rolls into the SC as I want to see it off the truck. Have you made similar arrangements (as in, will I see you there)?

Glad to hear your delivery is imminent. Will be interesting to hear your assessment of the suspension. I find it significantly improved over my air P85 - more taught, nimble, sportier, feels more like coils, makes the car feel lighter. Only downside is it's a bit harsher, a tad bit more bouncy.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to see it off the truck? Not an unusual request, but certainly an uncommon one.

Count yourself lucky to be in production already. So far my 85D order production start date has slipped from week of January 19th, to the 26th, to February 9th. In the last 2 weeks the start week has moved back 3 weeks. It's starting to feel like we're going in reverse. And I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm still showing February. A bunch of people have slipped all the way to Late March.

Edit: So I post that and then I look and I'm in production now. My delivery is still Late February. Anyway thought I should edit this post because now I feel a tad silly posting this.

Last edited: