Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Production complete this morning. My DS is back today so not sure if he pushed a button somewhere or what. This is promising as long it doesn't go back into production again I'll have to see if the delivery has slipped now as I'm going away at the end of the month.

How do you expect them to take out the heated steering wheel and put in the non-heated one if it doesn't go back into production again? Get with the program!

Bite your tongue!
It looks like Jerome might have had a part in my sudden morning change to completed as he emailed me this morning to tell me it was completed. Being a bit of a pessimist, now I'm wondering how they managed to suddenly make it complete. Maybe they were waiting for some next gen seats? To be honest, I've definitely reached the threshold where I just want the *&^% car - wooden bench seats or whatever (though to be clear for any Tesla employees reading, I do still want NG seats at some point) :)

Hi all, *in production*

All, I like to make a quick introduction. Name is PAT out of Switzerland, reading this board since.. *ever* ;).. but just recently registered and yes, this is my first post

First, thanks to all very valuable information you guys have put in here which eventually kicked-off the Tesla virus in me :biggrin:. I owned a P85+ delivery March 2014 and sold it in Q4 14' after the announcement of the D. As I got the *in production* state on my new P85D order just today, I was thrilled enough to share the joy !!! YES finally.. DS told me that delivery is expected in March according to the projected date which was slightly moved from end of march to march most recently. They confirmed next-gen seats front and back as well as heated steering wheel.

can't wait!..
ps:google-docs sheet updated

All, I like to make a quick introduction. Name is PAT out of Switzerland, reading this board since.. *ever* ;).. but just recently registered and yes, this is my first post

First, thanks to all very valuable information you guys have put in here which eventually kicked-off the Tesla virus in me :biggrin:. I owned a P85+ delivery March 2014 and sold it in Q4 14' after the announcement of the D. As I got the *in production* state on my new P85D order just today, I was thrilled enough to share the joy !!! YES finally.. DS told me that delivery is expected in March according to the projected date which was slightly moved from end of march to march most recently. They confirmed next-gen seats front and back as well as heated steering wheel.

can't wait!..
ps:google-docs sheet updated

Hi PAT, what is your VIN? I can't see your update in spreadsheet. VIN 71179 (Oslo) went in production 23/01/2015, and I hope my 69728 will go today...
By the way I've got the same confirmation about seats and heated steering wheel and also delivery time changed from Late March to March.

My car finally arrived in Hogtown today. Pick up is tomorrow afternoon. I guess I won the race with 3s-a-charm.

Awaiting some pics and news from Mrelbe I think. Guess after all that waiting we should allow him some time with the car.
I've received fairly firm confirmation (had my DS re-confirm with logistics again) that my car will be in Vancouver by Monday. After all this time (originally ordered on October 10th; gave up previous Tesla on November 19th) this almost seems like a mythical beast. Sadly, after accepting it on Tuesday I will then say goodbye until February 7th but by then it will be wrapped and winter tires on - ready to roll.

Took delivery of my red p85d yesterday. They had to truck it up form Dallas to okc. Car is wicked fast and seems tighter then my last p85. I don't think many 2015s are in running around in the us yet. Looks like most are going over seas. I can happily confirm that I did get the heated wheel. Being in a generally mild climate I suspect all the 15s have it.

i did note that the car arrived with a curbed wheel and slashed tire. I have been in contact with my ds and he said they will get it resolved. I'll update on how it all turns out.

very happy with the car

Leaving the factory. I was told that he would get back to me when it was actually on a boat.

The car did indeed finish production, the first time, on new years eve. But it was pulled back into production for some reason. My DS hinted that it might be related to a heated steering wheel, but my feeling is that he was just adding that comment since I had asked about that previously.

Hi darthy001,

If our car is going on to Tilburg soon its more likely on this boat.

CMA CGM JAMAICA Current position (IMO 9326770 MMSI 212789000) | VesselFinder. Mine is. :)

Placed my order for the P85D on 1/17, confirmed on 1/20 for late March delivery. Bumped up to late February on 1/21 and now it's mid-February delivery per my DS.
Looks like most of the recent postings here are out of the country, guess all the U.S. delivery postings dried up after the big rush at the end of December.

Placed my order for the P85D on 1/17, confirmed on 1/20 for late March delivery. Bumped up to late February on 1/21 and now it's mid-February delivery per my DS.
Looks like most of the recent postings here are out of the country, guess all the U.S. delivery postings dried up after the big rush at the end of December.

I have a 12/30 order that is still showing March, if you get your car in 4 weeks I'll be both impressed and jealous!
I still wish you luck, welcome to the forum.

I have a 12/30 order that is still showing March, if you get your car in 4 weeks I'll be both impressed and jealous!
I still wish you luck, welcome to the forum.

Is yours a P85D? If you go to the order page now and create an order for a P85D it will tell you Late March. Anything else is Late April. Note that I'm located in California -- other locations may show something different, especially overseas.

I'm pretty sure the P85D, with its higher profit margin, gets you delivery priority. Certainly they're going to push as many of them into this quarter as they can. I'll go so far as to guess that if you order a P85D in mid-March taking delivery at the factory, they'll probably get it to you by the end of the quarter.

Last edited: