Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I can say YAHOOO! I guess the information from the owner of my SC on "end of line" date of approx. Feb 15th was correct, just checked my dashboard this morning and it changed to "In Production, The Tesla Factory is building your Model S". I checked my prior posts and thought I had mentioned but didn't, that I had made a special request for late Feb delivery, a few calls were made by the owner and I was moved up to an available slot for Feb delivery (not sure if it was a cancellation by someone or it was just a tactic to get me to place the order, I would not have an order if it was a late March delivery which what was shown at the time).
Ordered 10 days before you. Confirmed 12 days before you. My car is still "in queue".

Took delivery of my P85D in Rocklin (CA) on Friday, 6 Feb. Car had actually arrived there on Thursday. Mine was "in production" from 15 January until 2 February. MC Red, next generation seats front and rear, dual chargers, air suspension, obeche gloss wood, tan leather, upgrade sound and winter package. Got the heated steering wheel and XXX.140 software when I picked the car up. Got a "promise" for whatever that is worth that I will get a complimentary Tesla jacket. Seems minimal as this is my second Model S purchase and I kept my 2013 S85 only 19 months before this total "upgrade."

Weather on Friday for the drive home was horrible, heavy rain and wind, but still saw about 350 w/mile power use with INSANE + RANGE combination. The whole weekend was pretty bad (for Sacramento California area) weather, but today is sunny and not so windy, so will take the new baby out for a short shopping run. For a couple more days my garage holds both the P85D and my S85 until the new buyer picks up that car on Wednesday.

Should be a nice article on the transitioning from Gen 1 Model S to the P85D series on GREEN CAR REPORTS tomorrow, Tuesday according to John Volcker senior editor there.

February 21 is the earliest delivery in Norway I have heard about :)

My delivery is sadly moved to late march or April. Tesla had to give me a new VIN and build a new car because mine got damaged during production or transportation.

Wow, that is awful. Sorry to hear that. It's one thing to order voluntarily as I did, but quite another to have it happen outside of your control. I hope they are fast tracking this.

This should be of interest to all of us who already took delivery of P85Ds, and to those about to take delivery as well.

You've probably been reading (in other threads) about the new torque sleep feature in firmware versions .139 and .140. We now know that while the improved efficiency torque sleep brings is available all the time, the most significant increases in efficiency due to torque sleep will be seen only while in range mode. There are pluses and minuses to using range mode. One big minus for many of us has to do with battery preheating. I won't get into a lot of the details here. There are other threads for that. The bottom line is that I have written to Tesla with a suggestion for battery preheating independent of range mode. I also started a poll on the subject here:

Would you use battery heating if it were available?

(The first post in the poll thread has a link to the letter thread. If you're interested, take the time to read both of those threads.)

The idea behind the poll is that if we show Tesla that enough people want battery pack preheating independent of range mode, they will probably be more likely to give it to us, and more likely to get it done sooner. As P85D drivers, we now need this as much or more than the average Model S driver, because we have even more reason to use range mode than the average Model S driver. For this reason I'm urging everyone who recently bought a P85D or who is going to buy one to take 30 seconds, click on the link above, and vote (anonymously) in the poll. Let's get a few hundred votes in favor of battery preheating and really make a statement!

Thanks!

:love:
Production Complete
Your Model S is in transit from the factory.
From 1/16 to 2/10 its 26 days in production. I think that the delay arose because the grey seats. I have not seen anyone with this seats.
My ds send me invoice and told me that the delivery in second half march. My progression in delivery: Late March, March, Late February and not Late March again. Cant wait!

:love:
Production Complete
Your Model S is in transit from the factory.
From 1/16 to 2/10 its 26 days in production. I think that the delay arose because the grey seats. I have not seen anyone with this seats.
My ds send me invoice and told me that the delivery in second half march. My progression in delivery: Late March, March, Late February and not Late March again. Cant wait!

Congratulation

p85Ds.jpg

Some p85D's in Drammen (Norway) :smile:

Ordered Dec 9 2014. Entered production on Feb 09 2015 (two days ago as I post this). Got an email on the 10th saying it was "In Paint".

Delivery was "Late February, Early March" for a long time. It changed to "February" about a week before it entered production.

Can't wait... Already have a pile of stuff to go on the car... :)

Ordered Dec 9 2014. Entered production on Feb 09 2015 (two days ago as I post this). Got an email on the 10th saying it was "In Paint".

Delivery was "Late February, Early March" for a long time. It changed to "February" about a week before it entered production.

Can't wait... Already have a pile of stuff to go on the car... :)

Looks like quite a few of us entered production on Feb 9th including myself. I didn't get any e-mail that it's "In Paint". Did it display on your dashboard also?

I also went into Production on Feb 9. I never received an email I just happen to check "My Tesla." I sent an email to my DS yesterday (Tuesday) and he said it was in paint. My Tesla still just says "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S" as of this morning (Wednesday.) My Est Deliver still says "Late February."

I also went into Production on Feb 9. I never received an email I just happen to check "My Tesla." I sent an email to my DS yesterday (Tuesday) and he said it was in paint. My Tesla still just says "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S" as of this morning (Wednesday.) My Est Deliver still says "Late February."

I don't think I've ever received an email for any part of the process.

My DS told me today that they only deliver cars to customers on Wednesday thru Saturday even though they are only closed on Sunday. So if my car arrives at the SC on Monday I can't pick it up till Wednesday. Anyone else heard of this at their SC? At least my pickup day is now narrowed down to Wed-Sat for the 3rd or last week of February.

@Gr8pursuit, you'll be six weeks ahead of me even though our cars will likely exit the factory at the same time. My DS said mid March before mine will be in MN (yep, nearly a month transit time) but my travel schedule in March means probably April before I'll be able to get it. Kind of disappointing after we'd been told late Feb (and late Feb still shows on dashboard).