Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction control and other safety features disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my AWD 3 for almost three months and have had no issues until today. Came out from work and temperatures are dropping and it has been snowing all day but no accumulation on the streets. Get in my car and it’s start beeping like crazy and warnings popping up all over my screen. My traction control, stability control, emergency braking, regen braking, cruise control and auto steer were all disabled. I had no problems this morning on the drive to work. Tried rebooting and it didn’t work. I did pass over a bridge that was starting to ice up and couldn’t believe how much the car was sliding. I wasn’t going very fast, didn’t slam on the brakes or anything. A little worried about the drive tomorrow morning now as I felt like I had no control over the car. Anyone have issues like this before?

Attachments

• 26138B52-6F01-45D7-BDD5-A9D6F30E98BC.jpeg
    26138B52-6F01-45D7-BDD5-A9D6F30E98BC.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 170
Apparently this is due to a glitch when the car is downloading firmware in the background. Happened to a lot of people recently, right before 44.2 was pushed out. Currently 46.2 is being pushed out pretty widely.

When it happened to me, I pulled into a parking lot, and fully rebooted the car from the screen. The steering wheel method did not work. Give that a try.

Haven’t had it happen again.

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Apparently this is due to a glitch when the car is downloading firmware in the background. Happened to a lot of people recently, right before 44.2 was pushed out. Currently 46.2 is being pushed out pretty widely.

When it happened to me, I pulled into a parking lot, and fully rebooted the car from the screen. The steering wheel method did not work. Give that a try.

Haven’t had it happen again.

Thanks. I just updated yesterday to 46.2. Wasn’t sure if that had anything to do with it but since I had no problems in the morning I didn’t think it was related.

Thanks @TheLocNar ! I just had the same issued with 2019.32.1 when changing wheel configuration.
The "Power off" menu option under "safety & security" worked like a charm. Steering wheel button reboot was the 1st thing I tried and did not resolve these 4 errors.

I too have encountered this series of errors now on 3 different occasions while driving locally. The steering wheel reboot didn’t correct the issue, but letting the car sit for a few hours or less did seem to temporarily fix. Received again today and this time did the screen power off option/button. Will see if it’s sustainable. Am on version 2019.32.2.1.

So car is barely a month old. Tesla towing back to nearest service center yet approx 4 hrs away to check alignment and suspension and to ensure issues are corrected. Disappointed and hope they make this right. EAP invite, lifetime supercharging, etc. Time will tell.

Reactions: Phlier