Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction in turns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hard part is turning off the TC. Literally need to pull a fuse.

With TC I'm perfectly happy to floor it into a corner and get only a little oversteer. It slick conditions can get some wobble but the TC corrects pretty quickly in my experience.

The hard part is turning off the TC. Literally need to pull a fuse.

With TC I'm perfectly happy to floor it into a corner and get only a little oversteer. It slick conditions can get some wobble but the TC corrects pretty quickly in my experience.
I thought ABS was what required the fuse pull. The 17" TC off setting doesn't turn off TC for you?

I can turn of traction control, but i would like to be able to turn off 'Stability Control' as well. Agressive driving does not like it on!!

edit..........................

Its a heavy car and I can see where it would carry farther than most are used to, but we should still have the ability to drive without it.

Last edited:
That's one of the biggest complaints I had this week - we had our first good snow and I rather like to slide sideways onto my driveway from my road. I have all this HP and torque, but the smarty-pants car won't let me play! I can turn off traction control to give the car some spin in the wheels, but stability control won't let me slide sideways too easily.

That's one of the biggest complaints I had this week - we had our first good snow and I rather like to slide sideways onto my driveway from my road. I have all this HP and torque, but the smarty-pants car won't let me play! I can turn off traction control to give the car some spin in the wheels, but stability control won't let me slide sideways too easily.
They should have a special menu for that! I wanted to play on the snow sometime.

I can turn of traction control, but i would like to be able to turn off 'Stability Control' as well. Agressive driving does not like it on!!

edit..........................

Its a heavy car and I can see where it would carry farther than most are used to, but we should still have the ability to drive without it.

I wonder what if any insurance implications there are for all this switching off and fuse-pulling.

They should have a special menu for that! I wanted to play on the snow sometime.
Agreed -- shield this menu with a big fat disclaimer that requires a "click-through" so that, if you destroy your car, it's on you. But it is your car, and it's reasonable that you should be allowed to play with it (without endangering the lives of others).

Many cars have an extended sequence of button presses to disable DSC - holding down the traction control button for 10 seconds, for example. Maybe we just haven't discovered it on the Model S yet. I would expect it to have been documented in the owners manual, but it's a pretty short document that is no doubt short on some details.