Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in values seem high again ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know how much mileage you've done, but my March 2020 M3P (FSD) valuation is £53,300 as of this message. Doesn't seem like there's the premium in the M3P over the LR that the original price would suggest.

Discounting FSD I'm "down" £1,690 on the purchase price.

At the start of March it was £55,700 :eek:
My m3p gets traded next week for the 55.7k you mention

Reactions: Durzel
Just spoke to Tesla, they advised that as of about a week ago they are no longer doing final offers until you are matched to a vehicle. This is (so they said) to avoid the offers exceeding the 60 day limit. So bear in mind the estimate you get now might not match the final offer and if you have a good final offer its prob worth sitting on it (if you can?) until you get a VIN.

If anyone else can corroborate this, I'd appreciate it.
I think this is true. Tesla Model Y ordered 18th March. Matched to a vehicle on 19th/20th March. Submitted trade in estimate for current M3P on 20th March and final offer sent to me today. Collection of my Model Y confirmed on 26th March. Surely this is a record from ordering a new non inventory tesla to collection in 8 days

I think this is true. Tesla Model Y ordered 18th March. Matched to a vehicle on 19th/20th March. Submitted trade in estimate for current M3P on 20th March and final offer sent to me today. Collection of my Model Y confirmed on 26th March. Surely this is a record from ordering a new non inventory tesla to collection in 8 days
congratulations! What colour/wheels did you order?

I submitted photos 15 days ago and am still waiting for my valuation to be confirmed. The FAQ says 48 hours!I
How long have others waited.
Also does anyone know if the 60day period for which a trade-in is valid starts from the date of the initial estimate or the confirmation based on the picture? since my estimated delivery is between 49-63 days away as of today so it might kind of matter.

is there any way to chase them up? though I am not sure I want to if it means it will definitely be within the 60days when I do get it
Finally after 15days Tesla confirmed my Trade-in at the original price from about 16days ago. And to answer my own question the 60days starts from today which puts most of my delivery window within 60 days. So there is a good chance pickup will fall in the 60day window 🤞.
So who wants to put money on them not offering me a date 61 days from now....

Reactions: goRt
Interesting. That goes against what Tesla told me today. I hope I will be the same then and will get my final valuation in the next day or so (I'm on day 15 as well)
I assume the bit you are referring to is when the 60 days starts from?
It definitely said 20th May 2022 on mine which is 60 days but interestingly now that I have accepted that has disappeared and there is no way to see that date that I can obviously see
however the trade in terms clearly state:

Unless otherwise agreed in writing between Tesla and Seller, delivery of the Trade-in Vehicle shall take place within 60 calendar days following Tesla’s provision of the Final Offer. The Trade-in Vehicle will be delivered to Tesla at the same time as the delivery of the Tesla Vehicle. b. If the Tesla Vehicle is not delivered within 60 calendar days following Tesla’s provision of the Final Offer, the Final Offer automatically expires. Tesla will not be held liable for any delayed delivery of a Tesla Vehicle.

so I think that is pretty definitive. Maybe though screen shot it when you get yours if you are concerned

No, Tesla told me only a few hours ago that they were no longer doing final offers until you were matched to a car. My delivery window is May 8 - 22.
Maybe I am. I don't know how to check anymore. I haven't followed the buying threads for 2 1/2 years since I bought my M3. do you still have to riffle through the HTML to find out what is going on?
My delivery estimate changed today narrowed to between May9th to May23rd then the offer arrived. someone else on here said the same happened to him today so assume not a co-incidence both happen at the same time. no idea what it might mean but to have an estimate of only 2 weeks kinda suggests they have a particular ship in mind even if not a car...

Reactions: Morak
Maybe I am. I don't know how to check anymore. I haven't followed the buying threads for 2 1/2 years since I bought my M3. do you still have to riffle through the HTML to find out what is going on?
My delivery estimate changed today narrowed to between May9th to May23rd then the offer arrived. someone else on here said the same happened to him today so assume not a co-incidence both happen at the same time. no idea what it might mean but to have an estimate of only 2 weeks kinda suggests they have a particular ship in mind even if not a car...
you can still see a VIN in the source code, i have mine in there

I picked up my Model Y LR (White + B/W Interior + Geminis) yesterday from Bluewater. It's been a crazy week, as I only placed the order on Wednesday, with an initial estimated day of May. However, the date changed to March 28th. I put my 21 Model 3 LR (White + B/W Interior) as a trade-in with Tesla and got offered £49.1k on the Friday. Then I was offered the Sunday (yesterday) to pick it up instead! This wasn't from inventory either, but they did mention at Bluewater that they have the situation where they are over-supplied, and not quite reaching the demand they expected on the Model Y. It's kind of a lottery if you're allocated against existing stock or not though.

Hi, as my Trade in quote (from 20th Feb) expires before my MY delivery window (7th May on) Jason71 sensibly recommended that I get a new quote to lock in the price now. Having read here that you can re-quote by creating a new account I did so and the trade in estimate actually went up by £300, the milage was updated but more importantly it should lock in the value to cover the delivery window.

My question is now - how do I move this quote to my current order? I find communicating with Tesla very difficult.
I have the email address of someone in the local service centre (only as I did a test drive there) or should I reach out to either UK_sales or DeliveryGB? Anyone changed their trade in price after ordering?

Hi, as my Trade in quote (from 20th Feb) expires before my MY delivery window (7th May on) Jason71 sensibly recommended that I get a new quote to lock in the price now. Having read here that you can re-quote by creating a new account I did so and the trade in estimate actually went up by £300, the milage was updated but more importantly it should lock in the value to cover the delivery window.

My question is now - how do I move this quote to my current order? I find communicating with Tesla very difficult.
I have the email address of someone in the local service centre (only as I did a test drive there) or should I reach out to either UK_sales or DeliveryGB? Anyone changed their trade in price after order
You could remove your existing trade in from the order then ask for a re-quote on your car on your main account which should hopefully be pretty much the same as the one you got yesterday 🤞. then re apply that one to your order
If you actually want to apply that one from the different account then you are right you will need to phone them.
If it were me I would try the former since speaking to Tesla is a pain. if the new new quote is better or the same then apply it. If not then call up and try to get yesterdays one moved. or just keep trying new quotes for a couple of days it will probably go up and down a bit. the one from yesterday is valid for 7 days so you have 6 days to play around with
if they give you a quote today that is substantially different from yesterdays then there really is something dodgy going on.

My quote last week for M3 LR 2019 Red / Aeros with 17.5k miles was £43,100. Just did another and it’s £43,600. Happy with that so I’ve saved it and added it to my MY order. Next step is to upload photos and await the formal offer, I should probably clean it first! My estimated delivery date is currently May 8th to June 5th so it should hopefully fall within the 60 days.

My quote last week for M3 LR 2019 Red / Aeros with 17.5k miles was £43,100. Just did another and it’s £43,600. Happy with that so I’ve saved it and added it to my MY order. Next step is to upload photos and await the formal offer, I should probably clean it first! My estimated delivery date is currently May 8th to June 5th so it should hopefully fall within the 60 days.

I didn't bother cleaning mine, I assume they don't really care too much as long as its not damaged. Photos submitted this morning, hopefully it won't take too long to get the price back

My current valuation is valid until, I think, April 6th. I was originally quoted delivery from today to 31st March but then I became one of those who got switched to basically June.

Then over the weekend my delivery window changed and now starts May 8th, so if I request a new valuation as soon as the current one expires it should cover my delivery.

I did a speculative quote after reading this thread and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's gone up from £46k to £48k for my car now - more than what I originally paid! Can't say fairer than that :cool: