Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traded in my Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been lurking here for a while and appreciate all the guidance I received. I recently traded in my Model 3 Performance for a Charger Hellcat Widebody. I posted a video with some of the reasons why I made the trade. I know not many are cross shopping between the two, but hopefully this will help some future prospective owners with their purchase. Now I just need to convince my wife she needs a Model Y Performance for the best of both worlds!

Why I TRADED My TESLA MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE for a HELLCAT CHARGER WIDEBODY!

I’ve been lurking here for a while and appreciate all the guidance I received. I recently traded in my Model 3 Performance for a Charger Hellcat Widebody. I posted a video with some of the reasons why I made the trade. I know not many are cross shopping between the two, but hopefully this will help some future prospective owners with their purchase. Now I just need to convince my wife she needs a Model Y Performance for the best of both worlds!

Why I TRADED My TESLA MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE for a HELLCAT CHARGER WIDEBODY!
Thanks for reminding me why I love EVs. Your list is similar to mine about how I felt about the S and why I abandoned ICE (except for quality fit and finish, of course).

I think many that have decades of ICE experience can sympathize with your list. At some point EVs will be the mainstream and cars like your Hellcat will be the nostalgia niche imo. M3 is a great daily driver, but can be mundane as a weekend car if you’re used to sound and shifts.

Thanks for reminding me why I love EVs. Your list is similar to mine about how I felt about the S and why I abandoned ICE (except for quality fit and finish, of course).

I think many that have decades of ICE experience can sympathize with your list. At some point EVs will be the mainstream and cars like your Hellcat will be the nostalgia niche
I have no doubt one day cars like the Hellcat will be obsolete. I wanted to enjoy it while I can. The future of EV’s is looking bright though. I know I’ll have another one someday.

I have no doubt one day cars like the Hellcat will be obsolete. I wanted to enjoy it while I can. The future of EV’s is looking bright though. I know I’ll have another one someday.
At the price of either, you have to scratch the itch. You gave the M3P a chance, so to each his own.

For me, I’ve had more entertaining cars than my Teslas, but not more enjoyable.

Reactions: M109Rider
I’m glad my car doesn’t announce to every cop a mile away I’m having fun. One of the most common ways cops find speeders is they hear them coming.

BTW My first car was a 69 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum with a stick.

I love passing a gas station and plugging into my Solar powered home.

I think OP should have traded for a Model S performance. I think the Model S in black beats the 3, Y or Charger by a mile. (Both in looks and the drag strip).

I’m glad my car doesn’t announce to every cop a mile away I’m having fun. One of the most common ways cops find speeders is they hear them coming.

BTW My first car was a 69 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum with a stick.

I love passing a gas station and plugging into my Solar powered home.

I think OP should have traded for a Model S performance. I think the Model S in black beats the 3, Y or Charger by a mile. (Both in looks and the drag strip).
Yeah, the exhaust will stay stock on this one. Been there done that with the crazy loud exhaust.

Very cool first car. With a stick too. That’s awesome!

I may look into a Model S Performance in a few years.