Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic colors wrong in some zoom levels / not refreshing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
I have noticed an issue recently on the map screen of my Model S. When changing zoom levels on the map app the traffic colors will at times change to be incorrect when changing the zoom - for example it can change from deep red to green. It seems to me that the default level has the incorrect data - I am guessing that this is some sort of a caching issue.

Has anyone else noticed this? I have a video of this - I will try to upload it if I can figure out how to upload a video from my iPhone.

I don't know if location matters but this has happened to me on some of the major highways around Toronto like the 401, QEW and DVP.

Yes I am seeing the same thing in my model X, if you turn on the satellite overlay it will reload the traffic data but that trick will only work once. Otherwise you have to zoom in or out and find a zoom level that is not cached.

I have a friend with an X that had this problem and it has since gone away. I am not sure if he has an update. I am am still seeing it (as of today) with firmware 2018.26 3b...

Seeing this here too...2018.26 on an S85D. Does not seem to be location-dependent, it just happens whereever. I consider traffic data unusable at this point...and if you know my tolerance for Tesla software issues, that's saying a lot...wrong data is worse than no data.

Bruce.

PS to fellow members: Please use the full and correct version numbers when talking about software, but not necessarily including the hash after the version number string.

I'm having a weird new issues on maps with version 2018.26.3bbd9fd

The traffic (green, yellow, red) lines are not auto refreshing. I have to push the button to turn traffic OFF and then back ON to get it to update correctly.

Example: I park the car at 9am at work. I get in the car at 5pm to leave work and the traffic is showing what the traffic was at 9am. When I turn it off and then on again it updates to real time.

I've reset the computer already and it's still doing the same thing.

Anybody else seeing this or know how to fix it?

- Jason

Moderator note: Merged two threads on the same topic.

And following up to my post in one of those threads: The workaround of turning traffic off and back on seems to work for me, so I retract my comment about traffic being "unusable"...it's now just annoying.

Bruce.

Effective with update 2018.26 3bbd9fd, indicted traffic will not update correctly on certain "zoom" pages of the Map. The "frozen" indicated traffic appears to be about 24 hours old, however, if you change the zoom then the correct traffic is indicated. Both of the attached images where taken within a few seconds of each other. The image that shows red traffic is about 15 hours old. The image that shows green traffic reflects the current situation.

IMG_5559.JPG

IMG_5560.JPG

We noticed this yesterday. Zoomed out the nearby freeway was showing green traffic lines. Zooming in one level changed that area from green to yellow & red. Since we didn't attempt to drive to that area, we weren't able to verify which was correct.

I’ve had the same issue in my Model X for a couple of weeks at least. Happy to know that they are working on it. I rely heavily on this traffic information because I live in a heavy traffic area. I have gotten caught a couple of times by the misleading information on the screen. How does one notify Tesla of such problems, Is there a specific phone number to call or an email address? Thanks to anyone who has that answer.

So I was having the same problem with my traffic not updating and I emailed Tesla about a week ago. After a couple emails back and forth I was told this morning that since the last update that will traffic will no longer update unless you input a destination address into the navigation. That can't be right, can it??? That would be ridiculous. In case you think I am making this up, here is a screenshot of the email.

Attachments

• yeahright.jpg
    yeahright.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Funny
Reactions: Snowstorm