Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Trailer-friendly Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-01 at 2.53.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-01 at 2.53.14 PM.png
    672.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: kpanda17
It’s not that hard to charge without unhooking the trailer. I went from CA to CO and didn’t unhook the whole way:

IMG_2277.jpeg

First try

IMG_2295.jpeg
IMG_2296.jpeg

Better

IMG_2314.jpeg

That’s the stuff.

Not suggesting you do this in a parking garage unless you hunt superchargers as a hobby

IMG_2332.jpeg

Lucky no one needed the blocked chargers while I was there.

It’s not that hard to charge without unhooking the trailer. I went from CA to CO and didn’t unhook the whole way:

Entirely possible.
IMG_1106.jpegIMG_1112.jpegIMG_1117.jpegIMG_1130.jpegIMG_1144.jpegIMG_1300.jpeg

.... but not always. I ended up having to drop the trailer here.... there was no alternative.

IMG_1119.jpeg

Lucky no one needed the blocked chargers while I was there.

... and that's the thing. I'm OK blocking a stall if there's multiple free, but don't leave the area, either. If it gets busy and we're down to the last stall, I'll move. Unfortunately as more and more Teslae are on the road -- and Superchargers open to other EVs - the luxury of blocking stalls will be less and less common.

These photos are from a road trip from NJ-FL and back. I had to drop the trailer twice - once at the photo above, and then once again in Daytona Beach. In the rain. Thankfully my son and I had a NASCAR pit crew routine down pat - we could have the trailer unhitched and secure inside 3 minutes. Not bad!

IMG_1150.jpeg

Reactions: GleanerC
Entirely possible.
View attachment 1036603View attachment 1036604View attachment 1036605View attachment 1036607View attachment 1036608View attachment 1036609

.... but not always. I ended up having to drop the trailer here.... there was no alternative.

View attachment 1036606

... and that's the thing. I'm OK blocking a stall if there's multiple free, but don't leave the area, either. If it gets busy and we're down to the last stall, I'll move. Unfortunately as more and more Teslae are on the road -- and Superchargers open to other EVs - the luxury of blocking stalls will be less and less common.

These photos are from a road trip from NJ-FL and back. I had to drop the trailer twice - once at the photo above, and then once again in Daytona Beach. In the rain. Thankfully my son and I had a NASCAR pit crew routine down pat - we could have the trailer unhitched and secure inside 3 minutes. Not bad!

View attachment 1036610

Pull throughs should have been a mandatory included design aspect with every SC from the start. I’m about to run up 81 on the east coast of USA and dreading having to disconnect the trailer multiple times.
☠️

Pull throughs should have been a mandatory included design aspect with every SC from the start. I’m about to run up 81 on the east coast of USA and dreading having to disconnect the trailer multiple times.
☠️
Until someone without a trailer uses the pull-through SC. I still have PTSD from Morongo CA. I contacted Tesla to suggest they put signs on pull-through chargers, similar to handicap accessible chargers, saying something like "Designed for Towing - Use Last".

Until someone without a trailer uses the pull-through SC.
Which will happen basically all the time because many Tesla drivers have likely never even seen a Tesla towing something. Only a tiny fraction of Teslas ever tow something, primarily just X owners. Model 3 owners basically never tow anything (there are of course extremely rare exceptions). A very small percentage of Y owners might occasionally tow a small trailer.

Which will happen basically all the time because many Tesla drivers have likely never even seen a Tesla towing something. Only a tiny fraction of Teslas ever tow something, primarily just X owners. Model 3 owners basically never tow anything (there are of course extremely rare exceptions). A very small percentage of Y owners might occasionally tow a small trailer.
As I said, pull-through chargers need to be signed similarly to handicapped stalls. No reasonable able-bodied person would take a handicapped stall if another is available, and it should be made clear that pull-through chargers should be reserved for towing, unless all others are occupied. Please, contact Tesla to suggest these signs. I did.