Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Trailer-friendly Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Randy,

Yup, that's the thread. Thanks for the assist there.

Yeah, the trailer sleeping area is about the same size as if you set up the car for sleeping. The trailer also has a small fridge and kitchen on the back. We appreciate the extra overall room this setup gives us while staying small and affecting our range as little as possible. We seem to always have plenty to put in the car. Camping chairs, beverage cooler, dog kennel, food box, sometimes our E-Z Up canopy. With the trailer we don't have to figure out where to shift or put these things while trying to convert things to a bed. We also appreciate the shades and screens on the camper windows. We're really enjoying the trailer and the things it's allowing us to do.
not to mention the trailer would be nice if you had say a couple 3 kids traveling as well

Hey Randy,

Yup, that's the thread. Thanks for the assist there.

Yeah, the trailer sleeping area is about the same size as if you set up the car for sleeping. The trailer also has a small fridge and kitchen on the back. We appreciate the extra overall room this setup gives us while staying small and affecting our range as little as possible. We seem to always have plenty to put in the car. Camping chairs, beverage cooler, dog kennel, food box, sometimes our E-Z Up canopy. With the trailer we don't have to figure out where to shift or put these things while trying to convert things to a bed. We also appreciate the shades and screens on the camper windows. We're really enjoying the trailer and the things it's allowing us to do.
You also don't have to make up the whole car when you are out on daily excursions if you have the trailer. It gets to stay in place while you drive to the trailhead or whatever you've got planned.

Any updates about a wiki or database? I like the early suggestion from @ohmman and would like to add my own:
  1. Unhitching not needed. Most trailers will not block traffic. Pull-through where you can exit without backing.
  2. Unhitching not needed. Most trailers will not block traffic. Pull-in where you need to backup to exit.
  3. Need to disconnect but safe, level trailer parking is nearby
  4. Can charge without disconnecting but trailer will block traffic or charging stalls
Also, some instructions would be helpful. For example, which chargers are pull-through, or where exactly can you safely unhitch.

I’m willing to help.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Any updates about a wiki or database? I like the early suggestion from @ohmman and would like to add my own:
  1. Unhitching not needed. Most trailers will not block traffic. Pull-through where you can exit without backing.
  2. Unhitching not needed. Most trailers will not block traffic. Pull-in where you need to backup to exit.
  3. Need to disconnect but safe, level trailer parking is nearby
  4. Can charge without disconnecting but trailer will block traffic or charging stalls
Also, some instructions would be helpful. For example, which chargers are pull-through, or where exactly can you safely unhitch.

I’m willing to help.
I’ve noticed PlugShare sometimes has info for trailers

Plugshare, despite being owned by EVgo, is actually crowdsourced. Trailer info probably just needs people to learn about how to log the correct info.
Nice reminder! Perry, OK Supercharger has 6 pull in forward stalls with lots of parking lot available behind. When I checked this afternoon it wasn’t listed as Trailer Friendly. I asked PlugShare to update the site listing via the Report button. When I checked back a few minutes later it had been done. 👍 That was easy. 🙂

Interesting, OK, perhaps that isn't a setting that can be edited, although I haven't been able to find a local charger that has Trailer Friendly set. Do you see the edit button in that row of buttons below the Check-In button? Not all sites are editable. And not all sites that are editable allow you to change all the details. You can usually change the name and location on the map of a Supercharger, but the number of stalls is set by Tesla for example although many are completely unchangeable. For those you do need to use the Report feature.

Here you go:

default-avatar-80.png
PlugShare Support Team (PlugShare)
Jan 11, 2024, 6:05 PM PST
Hi,

On PlugShare Web, users are able to add this information if the location is available to be edited publicly, 2 options for selection are available.

Trailer Friendly - meaning, charging while trailer attached is possible
Trailer Parking - meaning, trailer would need to be detached but there is space to do so with general pull thru stalls nearby or other areas.

Here is a screenshot of a location:
a1heg2UkNd8QpippRKadvWpRX

We have plans on additing the ability to add these parking/access attributes to the apps soon. In the meantime feel free to report any location through the app that is missing one of these and our editorial team will update the location within 1-2 business days.

Tesla plans new world’s largest Supercharger, a glimpse at the future of charging

What’s particularly interesting is that 16 of the planned 164 stalls are long pull through stalls. Good for those towing trailers and for Cybertrucks.

This new Supercharger is in central California at the intersection of I5 and state highway 46, near the tiny town of Lost Hills.

There are already hundreds of Supercharger stalls in the the Central Valley of California. This new location is really planning for the future!

Tesla plans new world’s largest Supercharger, a glimpse at the future of charging

What’s particularly interesting is that 16 of the planned 164 stalls are long pull through stalls. Good for those towing trailers and for Cybertrucks.

This new Supercharger is in central California at the intersection of I5 and state highway 46, near the tiny town of Lost Hills.

There are already hundreds of Supercharger stalls in the the Central Valley of California. This new location is really planning for the future!
Sorry, but that link appears to be broken. Would you mind reposting it, please?