TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Trick to Programming Homelink With Liftmaster

Discussion in 'Model S' started by IGotEastBay, May 22, 2017.

1. IGotEastBay

IGotEastBay Member

Hi All,

I have a new 75D and a Liftmaster Professional gate with a red learning button that was manufactured in 2006. I have tried to program homelink and have had no luck. The Tesla headlights flash with the remote but the garage will not open no matter what I do. I've tried fresh batteries in the remote (a 3 button) and changing the programming settings on the car from "standard" to "rolling code default" to "chamberlain" with no luck. The car connects to my wifi in my garage and driveway with decent signal, so I don't think that's the issue.

I do have another gate (same make) for the other side of the garage, I have not tried programming it yet.

Any ideas? Do I possibly need a bridge?

Thanks.

2. AndrewTX

AndrewTX Member

I had similar troubles as you and it was very frustrating. The tech support from Tesla and Homelink was completely useless.
    I played with Homelink for a couple of months and couldn't get it to work. On my next-to-last attempt something got totally screwed up and the Homelink button on my wife's Odyssey stopped working along with all of our existing remote controls. You can imagine how that went over with the wife.
    Ultimately I erased all settings from the opener and reprogrammed each of the remotes as per the original set up instructions. I then reprogrammed the Homelink button on the Odyssey. Once those were all stable I decided to try the Tesla once more. Lo and Behold - it started working!
    I have no idea why this worked but it did and the Homelink has been very stable ever since, including the geolocation opening/closing.

So my suggestion to you is to try starting over totally - just like reinstalling a fresh Windows image on a PC that's totally locked up. Good luck!

3. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Try a different remote. Sounds stupid, but my Genie would not program with the main remote, only the keypad remote for the exterior.