Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump pulls out of Paris climate deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear all the Mayors and even some states are pulling together to save the Paris Accord. That is really outstanding. I wonder how they are going to pay the $100B/Year for 5 years and then $300B+/Y for the next 5 years into the UN Green Fund? I have an idea actually; Invest the $100B into to $TSLA and fund the entire thing in 10 years with a $2 trillion in profits. Or better yet, that 100B should just about do it in the hands of a capitalist like Elon and the Profits can go to bailout those city/states that will go broke contributing that much money in the first place. Can I please have my Nobel prize? Please don't miss spell my name on the check either, I need that money for $TSLA Stock.

How many weeks ago was it that trump declared AGW to be a Chinese Hoax and Conspiracy ?
That of course is retarded, but I wonder what the trump supporters think of his latest declaration the Paris Accord be scrapped because it did no go far enough ?

It seems to me that either:

1. trump is a liar since if AGW is a hoax, there can be no mitigation from carbon reduction; or
2. trump is a serial liar since he now admits that AGW is real

Is there another logical conclusion ?

Reactions: slipnslider
What is more plausible - every media outlet on earth except fox is secretly conspiring to lie to you and no one has leaked about the conspiracy, or that trump and fox are lying to you?
All media lies. It's their job. It's what sells. If you think WaPo, NYT, CNN, Huffpost, etc. are telling you unbiased stories, you're as gullible as the people who believe everything Fox news tells them.

I have yet to find one unbiased media source. It's usually good to read both sides, and form your own opinion. Unfortunately very few people do.

Reactions: oktane
All media lies. It's their job. It's what sells. If you think WaPo, NYT, Huffpost, etc. are telling you unbiased stories, you're as gullible as the people who believe everything Fox news tells them.

I have yet to find one unbiased media source. It's usually good to read both sides, and form your own opinion. Unfortunately few people do.
Grouping HuffPost and the WaPost or NYT together shows your problem: you ignore the spectrum of bias. I presume you also ignore the spectrum of confidence in AGW.

Reactions: slipnslider
Grouping HuffPost and the WaPost or NYT together shows your problem: you ignore the spectrum of bias. I presume you also ignore the spectrum of confidence in AGW.
I stated my opinion (more like, someone stated, and I said I agree with it 100%) way up thread.

This is a good read, and I agree with his point: Scott Adams' Blog
tl;dr - AGW is likely very real, and it's a bet I think we should take to help the future. But the scientists are doing a piss poor job convincing the skeptics.

Also he uses the "97% of scientists" statistic, which is misleading. I'm sure the number is high, and possibly/likely in the high 90s, but it's not 97% of scientists.
The 97 Percent Solution

Its funny how conservatives are always the ones complaining about freeloaders and moochers, yet in the climate debate, they want the USA to be the freeloader.

The USA SHOULD pay more to fix climate change because we CAUSED more of it. We have the highest carbon footprint per capita in the world and our economic health was built on free pollution.

All these conservatives who always preach "personal accountability" are suddenly terrified of being held accountable for the mess we made. They want future generations to pay the remainder of the cost for our discounted fossil fuels. They are the new welfare queens, mooching off of people who aren't even born yet.

What you are saying is basically un-American. As an American, I don't feel I owe the world anything. The world should be thanking us for the automobile and airplane plus countless technological advances. Yes there was pollution, but our success should not be punished. It is the future that matters not the past. You would prefer our workers and citizens suffer so as to not offend the rest of the world? People are getting their heads chopped off and you are worried about 0.3 Fahrenheit in 100 years? You think we should just print more money and steal from those who work hard to pay for your American guilt and fantasy world? Liberals are destroying the country from inside out to satisfy their own guilty sense of morality. What you don't understand is you are behaving as a pawn for the new world order where the USA is diminished and the United Nations is empowered.

All media lies. It's their job. It's what sells. If you think WaPo, NYT, CNN, Huffpost, etc. are telling you unbiased stories, you're as gullible as the people who believe everything Fox news tells them.

I have yet to find one unbiased media source. It's usually good to read both sides, and form your own opinion. Unfortunately very few people do.
Dismissing media reports because "all media lies" is simply childish.
Some media lies a little, or by accident, and some media lies ALL THE TIME and ON PURPOSE. To pretend these are equally bad is like saying the common cold is the same things as AIDS.
People who watch fox news know less about current events than people who watch no news at all.
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

Dismissing media reports because "all media lies" is simply childish.
Some media lies a little, or by accident, and some media lies ALL THE TIME and ON PURPOSE. To pretend these are equally bad is like saying the common cold is the same things as AIDS.
People who watch fox news know less about current events than people who watch no news at all.
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

How much money are you going to send to India as your contribution for the Paris agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.