Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm either excited or worried about the Delivery buttons people are getting tonight.

My reservation #13850 made in November and finalized on the first day I could, 1/11/13, Delivery button received 1/28, has a delivery window of Feb 28-March 14th for my P85.

I saw someone else (hershey101) posted they got their (#18278) delivery button tonight. They Made their reservation on 1/14/13, Finalize button 2/4, Delivery button today 2/10, with a Delivery window of March 13-27.

So their window overlaps mine, even though we are almost 5000 reservations apart.

Does this mean there are a LOT of cancellations, or Tesla is pumping out cars at an enormous rate, or...??

I received my delivery button yesterday (res 16,400) for a P85 with a delivery March 14-27th. I am wondering if they are pushing through the Performance versions of the vehicle because they make more profit on each unit, which I am assuming since most manufacturers make more money on the higher priced units.

I received my delivery button yesterday (res 16,400) for a P85 with a delivery March 14-27th. I am wondering if they are pushing through the Performance versions of the vehicle because they make more profit on each unit, which I am assuming since most manufacturers make more money on the higher priced units.

Yes they are producing the higher end models first because of the margins they bring.

- - - Updated - - -

i also emailed the ir of tesla about the date of the conf. call days ago, still no response, i also asked them today whether there will be any announcement today. Also no response. Im startin to think that the person responsible for comm is still havin vacation :)

Since Tesla has not responded to multiple requests, they are not ready to announce. Why?

They've never said they'd announce today. It's not a conspiracy if it doesn't happen on a schedule forced upon them by rumor.

(And if I WERE a conspiracy nut, I'd be more likely to say it was just a little trick from the shorts, along the lines of "OMG they didn't announce earnings on Monday what is wrong what are they hiding???!!!??" But I'm not a conspiracy nut. It's more likely one source got it wrong and the other news orgs picked it up.)

- putting my tin foil hat back on -

I was told I have till Feb 18 to "Finalize" my S design or loose 2012 pricing. (Res #15580 made in Dec. 2012)
My guess is TMC is waiting to see how many commit to there reservation's made to capture the 2012 pricing and then announce. They would have a better idea of Q1-2 2013 revenues projections for their forward outlook... All that being said, look to Feb 18 or 19 for earnings call. Just MO.

They don't need to have a reason to not announce earnings today other than scheduling conflicts.

I guarantee you it has absolutely nothing to do with trying to manipulate the stock price. All this talk about trying to wait out the fallout from the NYT story or lock in more orders is just ridiculous. That's just not how these things work.

This is a sound business decision. I would not be surprised if they are pushing through 75%/25% of 85's to 60's.

And for those worrying about high numbers, keep in mind that you are TMC members. You are invested in getting your car ASAP. Other reservationists might not be responding to their e-mails, not even checking their e-mail, or placed a reservation and forgot about it. Does Tesla even have a system for calling people with reservations? I'm sure they are cranking through reservations in the simplest way possible and waiting for a response. Those that respond are getting their car, those that aren't will be contacted in the future. They haven't cancelled they just haven't responded. People have busy lives and for some this car is not a priority even though they want one. That's my take on it...

They don't need to have a reason to not announce earnings today other than scheduling conflicts.

I guarantee you it has absolutely nothing to do with trying to manipulate the stock price. All this talk about trying to wait out the fallout from the NYT story or lock in more orders is just ridiculous. That's just not how these things work.

The problem could be that they do not know the date when report will be ready. There is no reason to postpone earnings release. But there could be problems they are working out with auditors atm. And they simply do not know how long will it take to fix them.

But whenever date would be known, they will produce press release and then announce earnings.

The problem could be that they do not know the date when report will be ready. There is no reason to postpone earnings release. But there could be problems they are working out with auditors atm. And they simply do not know how long will it take to fix them.

But whenever date would be known, they will produce press release and then announce earnings.

Something like that is the most likely reason. The question is what the difficulty is. It could be benign or significant. Definitely not having an announced earnings date at this point is unusual.

Update from MarketWatch (MarketWatch.com

Tesla Motors is likely to announce this week the exact date of the auto firm's fourth-quarter results, the company told MarketWatch. The electric car company will not release earnings on Monday or this week. "The company hopes to announce the exact date of the earnings release this week," said Shanna Hendriks, Communications Manager for Tesla. "Any announcement so far has been purely false speculations."

Update from MarketWatch (MarketWatch.com

Tesla Motors is likely to announce this week the exact date of the auto firm's fourth-quarter results, the company told MarketWatch. The electric car company will not release earnings on Monday or this week. "The company hopes to announce the exact date of the earnings release this week," said Shanna Hendriks, Communications Manager for Tesla. "Any announcement so far has been purely false speculations."[/FONT]

Yeah, this settles it! Thanx for posting.

TM likely to announce date this week... Likely, not granted!

"The company hopes to announce the exact date of the earnings release this week"

I had it in my calendar that TSLA was to release their Q4 results today (02/11/13) and I am signed up for e-mail alerts on all press releases.

So far, the only date appears to be on the NASDAQ web site, which states the earnings report is *expected* to be released on 02/13/13.

It is troubling that TSLA is not releasing earnings as previously scheduled. I suspect that the auditors have not signed off on the 12/31/12 numbers yet and, if so, the Board has not approved the numbers.

I will be most interested to see how TSLA recognizes revenue in Q4 and what their reservation payments and deferred revenues are as at 12/31/12.

The markets will be choppy ...

According to this article, Tesla Investor Relations Vice President Jeff Evanson himself was in error (didn't know):

Late Friday, Tesla Investor Relations Vice President Jeff Evanson said by email, in response to IBD's query, that "we will announce Monday AM." Earlier Friday, other Tesla representatives had told IBD that no earnings announcement date had yet been set, but that it would possibly be the week of Feb. 18.

Monday morning Evanson said he was in error and that an announcement scheduling the earnings date would be made later this week.

This must be the most anticipated quarterly report so far... ;)

(BTW, he might just have meant they would announce the date today.)

Status
Not open for further replies.