TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lklundin

lklundin Active Member

The above article asserts:

"Pro tip: share prices around $300 are not indicative of companies with problems raising capital."

Does that actually make sense, without implicitly assuming something about the number of shares issued?

For Tesla there is f.ex. about 170 million shares outstanding, for a market cap of 51 billion dollar at 300 dollars per share. I find it hard to believe that the above would hold equally well for a company with 170 thousand shares outstanding (i.e. a market cap 1000 times smaller than Tesla's) - and even more so for a (hypothetical) company with just 170 shares outstanding (i.e. a market cap of 51 thousand dollars, at 300 dollars per share).

PS. I am again far behind on this thread, so apologies if I have missed a discussion of this.

• Like x 1
  2. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

And it's a new design that is MUCH nicer than the previous design that it replaces. This is very surprising. Could the Model 3 be having an impact on standard sedans too (Camry, Accord, Altima), and not just premiums (BMW, Mercedes, Audi)?

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

You’re overthinking it. The writer was using shorthand, colloquial language to say that Tesla could raise money today if it wanted to.

Which begs the question, why isn’t it? A bunch of possible reasons, like they haven’t finished site selection on the next factory, so they don’t need the money today. Or they think the stock price will soar in 6 months, so do it then.

• Like x 3
  4. shlokavica22

shlokavica22 Member

That's the beauty of Tesla- it draws customers from so many different groups, including Toyota drivers that were never inspired by status symbols cars, even though they could afford them.

• Like x 2
  5. dmital

dmital Member

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 4
  6. Boomer19

Boomer19 Supporting Member

i think starting from scratch on this is going to end up being the best thing that could’ve happened to them, from a long view

• Like x 6
  7. TintDepot.com

TintDepot.com Member

Production is up at Tesla.

8. KarenRei

KarenRei ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ

I'm going to a Model 3 LR AWD PUP + Air suspension & tow package (if available), from a 2000 Honda Insight with 742k kilometers on it and a broken HV battery, which does 0-100 kph in over 21 seconds if I redline the engine. ;)

• Funny x 10
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  9. FirebirdAlpha

FirebirdAlpha Banned

#21949 FirebirdAlpha, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Very odd...
    • Q2 Model 3s in transit: 11,166
    • Estimated July Deliveries: 14,250
    • Estimated July Production: 16,000 (Skabooshka's estimates, 4k/week)
    11.2k + 16k - 14.25k = 12,916 Model 3s not yet delivered

If Tesla was hoarding inventory at the end of Q2 for the tax benefit, shouldn't inventory/in-transit be going DOWN, not up?

Edit: Also, concerning to see S/X deliveries down 21% compared to July 2017.

• Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
  10. theschnell

theschnell Member

• Like x 4
  11. gringotuanis

gringotuanis Member

230 pm pacific...430pm central for the call yes. Not sure on the letter. Probably 45 or 30 minutes before.

12. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

Speaking of Apple and Tesla.

• Like x 2
  13. theschnell

theschnell Member

Does seem odd, but perhaps a few still delivered in Canada in July as well? They also have a delivery bottleneck. That is clear from the Model 3 forum

• Like x 1
  14. theschnell

theschnell Member

A model 3 with air suspension and tow package? When are you going to take delivery on that? July 2019?

15. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Member

i didn't look at the specific timeframe, but this is what i remembered and had been expecting.

the thing that shocked me back then was the amount of good news, the opportunity shorts had to get out, and that they didn't till they got burnt at the last second (or didn't at all). it seems like an extremely similar pattern this time around.

hold strong.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 3
  16. Neweyes

Neweyes Member

The big day is here! How are we all? Excited? Nervous? Drunk?

• Funny x 13
  17. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Member

i try to get to the bottom of any claims sent my way. i've received the ones regarding paint shop limits a number of times, but haven't seen a solid response. can you provide any more info on this?

18. ZachShahan

ZachShahan Member

50% likelihood — you're not giving us much to work on here. :D

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  19. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

InsideEVs can only estimate Tesla's numbers since they are not reported. They adjust the third month of the quarter to match the officially released totals.
    GIGO...

• Helpful x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  20. Hogfighter

Hogfighter Professional Lurker

Yes

• Funny x 22
    • Love x 2
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.