Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving Tesla St. Louis right now.

Told they’ve beaten their “most deliveries in a month” all time by 500%.

New car area packed, lot packed, neighboring business lot packed.

uhh... the month's not done yet? That makes it even more spooky in a VTOL kinda way

edited to add: wouldn't your updated numbers be more like 650%? Admittedly going from 60 makes it easier for high percentage, but dang!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 1.42.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 1.42.27 PM.png
    47 KB · Views: 48
They way you use the phrase in plural makes me wonder if you are aware of its specific meaning.

EDIT: Useful idiot - Wikipedia

I’m well aware of its historical meaning, and as I said, it’s “true much/most of the time.” I still don’t think it’s helpful to call them that on Twitter. That said, I’m fine with people calling them that on this board.

This video is really astounding in its brazen b.s. Sorry if I missed people talking about this guy Jared in the past, but what a piece of work. This video looks like pure FUD propaganda set up to harm Tesla as much as possible. He works for Yahoo, which means Oath, which means Verizon. But who is he really working for? Who is he doing this for? A hedge fund? The Kochs? This smells so bad you can smell it a mile away. This is not news: this is a PR campaign and I would love to know who is behind it.

MARKETS: Tesla will be a 'buy' when Elon Musk is ousted as CEO

Not sure, but we’ve seen things building towards that over the last few weeks. The primary remaining hope of those wanting to sink the company is to do to Tesla what was done to Apple when Jobs was removed.

uhh... the month's not done yet? That makes it even more spooky in a VTOL kinda way

edited to add: wouldn't your updated numbers be more like 650%? Admittedly going from 60 makes it easier for high percentage, but dang!

I did just spit out the 500% part without giving the number full thought. :p I’m so happy they’re crushing it.

Also, unrelated, I bought a Model 3 frunk, making a mold of it and manufacturing an insulated box (cooler) for that space.

I’m well aware of its historical meaning, and as I said, it’s “true much/most of the time.” I still don’t think it’s helpful to call them that on Twitter. That said, I’m fine with people calling them that on this board.

Fair enough. While I think the use of the phrase is justified, I did try to use it in a not overly confrontational way.

Also, what is written on the Internet is there forever, so one should not be too hasty (unless one is Elon Musk. Maybe).

But maybe I will get blocked - I have not yet tweeted enough for that to happen...

Fair enough. While I think the use of the phrase is justified, I did try to use it in a not overly confrontational way.

Also, what is written on the Internet is there forever, so one should not be too hasty (unless one is Elon Musk. Maybe).

But maybe I will get blocked - I have not yet tweeted enough for that to happen...

Considering the damage the false info in the article did I feel like your response was appropriate and measured.

Not sure, but we’ve seen things building towards that over the last few weeks. The primary remaining hope of those wanting to sink the company is to do to Tesla what was done to Apple when Jobs was removed.

Agree with you - all articles are now gearing towards “Tesla is fine as a company but EM has to go”. They know the numbers will show Tesla is doing great, so now they are changing their tune to try and get rid of the one person who has been the driving force behind it.

Fundamentals ~ Charts 101

Take a look at the InsideEVs monthly chart, if you have a moment. Tesla starts by selling from the top down, but I read the chart from the bottom up. Also review, time permitting, articles recently published about there being relatively no competition for Tesla. Also, if you are really bored, read about ICE auto makers touting their look at me EV line up. I am a slow reader, and been in hiding for awhile.

Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard

Looking at the US sales of less than full on ICE vehicles in 19xx, oops, 2018 from the bottom. Only six of these have any claim to total EV. Please use your white board eraser and get rid of the first 19 cars, at the very bottom, as of little or not consequence ~ really, not on the radar screen. Then you can doo doo the same for the next nine since by the end of August they had not sold above 2K for the year to date. While the eraser is functioning well, take out the next eight since they are under 10K. Now that you are on your second why bother Latte’ we can discuss real numbers. Before getting too excited, that leaves only six cars and four manufacturers that are in reality challengers ~ okay, I like the Leaf and included them even though they were not above 10K just yet. They were on the up tic with the newer model, even though still only one model.

While the Prius is up there in consistent numbers, it is not an all out EV, so when it comes down to basic US numbers, the only real competition is Tesla vs Tesla. I have owned two Preii’s (had to ask my wife how to spell Preii) while the gasoline mileage was better than any other car we ever owned, the seats suck. They are hard as a brick ~ while you may believe that makes me a hard a$$; I would counter not so at close to almost seventy something. My dry mouth humor aside, it was Toyota that said awhile back they were moving forward on EV technology and car production ~ stay awake back there:)

While the shorts say show me the money, I say show me the EVs.

What we are seeing is an attack much like my older kid neighbor that kicked me in my most vulnerable boys body part without wearing a catchers cup. I was just nine at the time, and he wanted my recently assembled wooden bird house. I crawled home crying from the bus stop, no adults home, called our neighbor friend half a mile away by barefoot in Quartz Hill, California and asked for help. Only had to remember four numbers in those days and ours was not a party line. Did not get doctor involved, but years later an army PA set me flying through the roof during a routine physical. I would swear a sniper had me in their sights. I lived through the medical review despite the escalation and waste of tax payer monies. After all, everything worked as advertised when creating our two rug rats, and I was still a lean mean killing machine.

Again, while the shorts say show me the money, I say show me the competition.

Keep in mind the Model K, pickup, BFT (truck), and newer roadster are on the horizon. FYI ~ when they go into production, please pull out the existing production ramp up charts of the S, X, and 3 from zero to . . . so no one, except the shorts get their hair on fire. Actually, I hope it is their dollars.:)

It was a good recovery day! :)

Agree with you - all articles are now gearing towards “Tesla is fine as a company but EM has to go”. They know the numbers will show Tesla is doing great, so now they are changing their tune to try and get rid of the one person who has been the driving force behind it.

Exactly! Now that production hell is over, Model 3 is shipping in numbers that keeps breaking all records, they know Tesla will report profitable quarters, so their only hope to break the company is to get rid of Musk. They also know that there are a lot of longs who believe in his vision and that makes the company valuable. Without him Tesla would indeed become "just another car company" and would be valued based on sales and revenue, i.e. much lower than today. So that is the last best hope of the shorts to get EM removed from leadership. Do they have enough power to make that happen ? I doubt it. Talk in the media is cheap (literally! fully paid for by big Oil and big Auto). But getting him removed would need convincing the majority of the investors, which would take a lot more than some useful idiot talking heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.