Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we close red today, that's 6 red candles in a row. I think that's only happened once before in the past 3 years. I'm sure there are some smart hedge funds that know this stock's pattern very well. They will be ready to support another climb, particularly when it becomes clear the stock isn't going to drop much further. That should be soon. We are on the verge of this dip getting into the territory of an average dip for TSLA, which is a 12% drop over 8 trading days. We are at 11% and 6 trading days. I think this share price is much more likely to be a smart place to add leverage than to reduce it, even over the short to medium time frame. The stock may very well simply start climbing back up seemingly without a catalyst.

There are obviously different degrees of risk taken on by TSLA investors. Assuming they are all the same is over-simplifying things. You don't think some potential investors could be waiting to hear what the outcome of the vote is?

You make a good point, yes. For some reason, I had assumed current investors. I think the current SP is messing with my vision.

• Funny
Reactions: Intl Professor
Wrote to Jim Collins about his piece in Forbes online today about Tesla (and on his tweet about article).

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your article on Tesla. The good news is Tesla got the ecosystem to change from oil to electric. That should be acknowledged in your article.

You’ve listed other car companies and their cash reserves. You should have included in that list Apple, Google, etc. that are working in the space as well.

I feel you are stuck in the car world not seeing that the ground below you has changed. It’s kind like talking about Nokia, Motorola, and the telecom companies when the 1st iPhone came out. Where is Nokia and Motorola and phone companies today (still have a land line?).

Nobody expected Apple, Samsung, Google with Android etc. to be the leaders.

Do you expect Nissan, GM, to lead electric cars, trucks etc.

Your readers are aware of generational change taking place. You should look into it. We’d appreciate the reporting.

Cheers,
Richard

You know how I know the M3 ramp is going well? Elon is out partying and not slitting throats in Sparks, Nevada. If things weren't on track I don't think he's physically capable of the relaxation exhibited on his Instagram account this week.

Tempted to sell some shares for $400 LEAPS. Will resist.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

• Funny
Reactions: Richard007
Yesterday I got voting forms from brokerages again (for TSLA). I have already received the same mails twice in the past few weeks, and voted "For". This third batch worries me a bit. If the early votes indicate it will pass, they wouldn't need to send the forms again and again. The latest batch does include updated information - an article from Bloomberg explaining why major shareholders think the incentive package is well aligned with shareholders.

Just another data point: I’ve gotten three separate sets of proxy mailings as well, the lastest delivered yesterday.

You know how I know the M3 ramp is going well? Elon is out partying and not slitting throats in Sparks, Nevada. If things weren't on track I don't think he's physically capable of the relaxation exhibited on his Instagram account this week.

A Model 3 with a VIN in the 11XXX range was spotted near the Fremont Delivery Center

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

I am not inclined to give investment advice. I will say that in the past EM's moods/what he is doing has little significance as it relates to Tesla and therefore TSLA.

Just another data point: I’ve gotten three separate sets of proxy mailings as well, the lastest delivered yesterday.

same here.

worth bearing in mind, Elon and Kimball are recusing themselves from this vote. not sure precisely what is needed to pass this proposal (majority of all shares? majority of shares voted? X minimum amount of shares needing to vote?...), but removing from this vote the 20-25% of shares those two own would seem to have a considerable impact on the confidence the board could have about the outcome of the vote.

I concur.
During the X ramp, there were few times when he was in very good mood, twitting away, at times they had lots of issues.
Yes, I have been burnt by this in the past. Elon's good mood on Twitter does not indicate a good quarterly performance. From my personal experience, it actually shows the opposite. Hopefully its not the case this time around as well.

Yes, I have been burnt by this in the past. Elon's good mood on Twitter does not indicate a good quarterly performance. From my personal experience, it actually shows the opposite. Hopefully its not the case this time around as well.

Yup. Hopefully not but it might mean : the situation is bad, we have months of struggle ahead, so I better take some vacations right now because I probably won't have one for a while ...
-----

I doubt this is the case though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.