Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another Bounce, Hold or Fail line for those of you who relish charts.

Well, sorry - it's not a line but a single datum. Regardless, it may have at least some psychological effect:

As of right now, with TSLA @ $314.79 and GM @ $37.21, Tesla remains the #1 market cap US auto maker: $53.17bn vs $52.13bn.
That's not just a bounce, it's like Falcon 9 landed and immediately went backup like it has more fuel in the tank

Here is another Bounce, Hold or Fail line for those of you who relish charts.

Well, sorry - it's not a line but a single datum. Regardless, it may have at least some psychological effect:

As of right now, with TSLA @ $314.79 and GM @ $37.21, Tesla remains the #1 market cap US auto maker: $53.17bn vs $52.13bn.

True, but for a more meaningful comparison, GM's dealerships, suppliers and a share of the oil industry should be included.

Do you guys think the meeting results would have an effect on the SP? I’m hoping it’ll get approved since I truly believe in Elon and if he can get the job done, it doesn’t really matter to me how much he gets paid. He deserves it. And if he doesn’t get the job done, then too bad. No incentive for him at all, which is fair.
If approved it should be good, I think.

If not, then maybe Elon is gone, then welp.

If approved it should be good, I think.

If not, then maybe Elon is gone, then welp.
Some of this current weakness may be related to this. There is a non-zero risk that Elon is gone if this vote doesn’t go his way. Risk-averse investors are likely waiting to hear the result of the vote to buy/buy back shares.

Does anyone know how long it would normally take for the results to be announced?

Some of this current weakness may be related to this. There is a non-zero risk that Elon is gone if this vote doesn’t go his way. Risk-averse investors are likely waiting to hear the result of the vote to buy/buy back shares.

Does anyone know how long it would normally take for the results to be announced?
They will have already counted the proxies, and the people present and voting will be a small percentage. Usual general meetings, they announce the result immediately after the vote without even needing to count. I think this will be the same; they'll announce at the end of the meeting, not knowing final numbers but knowing that it has passed or failed. I think passed.

Yesterday I got voting forms from brokerages again (for TSLA). I have already received the same mails twice in the past few weeks, and voted "For". This third batch worries me a bit. If the early votes indicate it will pass, they wouldn't need to send the forms again and again. The latest batch does include updated information - an article from Bloomberg explaining why major shareholders think the incentive package is well aligned with shareholders.

To me, voting "For" the package is a no brainer. "Will Elon use the big gain to benefit humanity and make the world a better place?" - Yes. I vote "For". Period.

Put that question aside, this package is well aligned with shareholders' long-term interest. Elon is likely to spend more time on Tesla, achieve the Master Plan Deux, and drive Tesla to become a trillion dollar company. Tesla without Elon wouldn't be the same company. This business has unique challenges. Other car companies, dealers, unions, shorts, all want to see Tesla fail. Elon is proven to be the right guy for the job. Without Elon, there is a decent chance Tesla will fail. I wouldn't feel comfortable to allocate so much on this company.

Elon probably would stay even without the package. However, the amount of effort he put in Tesla can vary a lot. He could spend more time on "The Boring Company", SpaceX, and a few others. That can make a big difference for Tesla shareholders.

The percentage that Elon will get is reasonable, compared to those high targets. Who else can lead Tesla and achieve those goals? If there is one who can achieve that, wouldn't that person demand huge pay too?

This third batch worries me a bit. If the early votes indicate it will pass, they wouldn't need to send the forms again and again. The latest batch does include updated information - an article from Bloomberg explaining why major shareholders think the incentive package is well aligned with shareholders.

I'd be more inclined to chalk it up to incompetence or simple oversight--they re-mailed to a larger group than necessary. I haven't received even a second batch of forms, so clearly this is not a blanket thing.

To me, voting "For" the package is a no brainer. "Will Elon use the big gain to benefit humanity and make the world a better place?" - Yes. I vote "For". Period.

For me, as well. This is not to dismiss the concerns VA and others have mentioned here. I do think that this new plan has some room for being 'gamed' in that there are combinations of tranche hits that could grant Musk a ton of compensation while not necessarily being as indicative of super-high stock performance as it looks on the surface. And for me as a TSLA investor that's less than ideal. But with Elon Musk specifically as the beneficiary of this plan, I have zero concerns. The man is not going to go buy up Caribbean islands and retire if he receives a ridiculous windfall. He's far more likely to buy up Acidalia Planitia or build a lair in Olympus Mons. Either of which I am totally fine with as it implies that we have human colonization of Mars.

I do think that this new plan has some room for being 'gamed' in that there are combinations of tranche hits that could grant Musk a ton of compensation while not necessarily being as indicative of super-high stock performance as it looks on the surface.

He has to hold the stock for 10 years after options are exercised. How do you game, pump and dump the stock after ten years?

I don't see Elon being appointed Secretary of State and the Tesla board allowing Elon to sell his shares early.

There are no risk-averse investors in Tesla. Anyone invested in TSLA at $300 is expecting high growth and high volatility in the coming years.
There are obviously different degrees of risk taken on by TSLA investors. Assuming they are all the same is over-simplifying things. You don't think some potential investors could be waiting to hear what the outcome of the vote is?

Status
Not open for further replies.