Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand the change. Why doesn't Tesla send a press release with the details ? They are missing out on some free publicity - and more importantly potentially reprinted positive talking points.

So, now LR is $54k, but with AWD. MR RWD is $45k.

We paid $50k for LR.

The free publicity is coming soon, don't worry "Tesla reduces price of Model 3 in the face of diminishing demand"

Glad I got my LR RWD when I did. Model 3 max range edition!

Too bad they just removed the longest range Model 3 option from the choices. Hopefully when Panasonic catches up they'll reintroduce it.

No range anxiety here, but it is nice to be able to charge only briefly, then hit the road and do 80 the whole way, and hit the next SC and charge briefly... vs charging longer and/or driving slower.

Thought deeply during the past weeks about having a giant pile of cash available - larger house - 2 young kids and wife pregnant, and currently weighing upgrading my life or holding onto this giant chunk of my financial future.

And I can’t risk that on a dude who can’t define “tomorrow” properly.

Dude had a few hours left...it is not decided yet.
happy now?

$263 in the last trading session. It's easy to feel a bit grey. I see a number of things working to change price direction in the pipeline.

The obvious one is the earnings call (first Wed of Nov?). Insiders are expecting a profit. Outsiders are expecting a loss or are simply unsure it seems. Could be dramatic.

Another is the announcement that Tesla Model 3 is the top selling sedan in the USA. Seems kind of inevitable - they only have to make enough. Cell production, I read, is the current bottleneck and Panasonic is working on adding more lines. Hopefully by the time there are enough packs for 6K/wk model 3, Fremont can cope with it, and there enough car carriers to deliver them.

Another is simply the number of EV evangelists on the streets. With every week another 6K cars delivered, the number of people enthusing about their new wheels is rising fast. It creates a disconnect between what people read about Tesla and what friends are saying. Eventually the penny drops that most news headlines are BS.

Quietly confident about my portfolio that has a $271 break even point.

Lemur secured.

lemur-pesimisticous-518f30acc118e_hires.jpg

The free publicity is coming soon, don't worry "Tesla reduces price of Model 3 in the face of diminishing demand"
A part of the reason is Tesla is not controlling the narrative.

Obviously you can't completely control the narrative - but most major publications will use your language, if you put the presser out.

A part of the reason is Tesla is not controlling the narrative.

Obviously you can't completely control the narrative - but most major publications will use your language, if you put the presser out.

yep, most of the media criticism is legit, but people don't understand is that shaping sentiment is literally the job of a PR team

Let's consider the people that are busy enough to not easily have hours to spend catching up on this thread. For example, someone in their 40s that has a busy career, kids at home, a spouse, tries to have a social life, and tries to use this thread to keep up on things related to TSLA. That person may have 15 minutes to spare in the morning while eating breakfast to read this thread. Perhaps they might squeeze in 15 minutes in the evening after the kids go to bed.

The after market free-for-all discussion creates a bunch of replies that person has to go through looking for detailed / useful information.

I'll drop it after this post. I've said my opinion. I wish people would correctly use forum software features. Other parts of this forum do that. There are threads dedicated to specific topics.

Your life sounds way too full to be invested in TSLA. You should distribute your shares amongst those of us that have no life. I’ll take one for the team and get in line first. I promise to look after and love them with all my heart for you.

I'm really digging this.
I always felt the gap between LR and SR was too big, in terms of range offered, price, volume. This MR is a nice in-between step, fills the gap perfectly. Gives the consumer great choice.
Allows Tesla and all its departments to more gradually acclimate to higher volume; would have been a huge cluster f*ck going straight to LR.
Good move Elon!

Reactions: Remus and 30seconds
Wow. There goes the version I've been waiting for... :/ Come on, bring it to EU finally.

I guess this might mean a slight spike in production?

Also feels like they're still doing price discovery for Model 3.

Tesla chronically is in price discovery.

When you complete your order, it shows a pic of a Lemur.

Via reddit

This is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.