Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the last of my cash to close as many of my naked puts as I could as the stock was approaching the low of the day. This pretty much guarantees that the stock will go straight up from here, maximizing my loss. I stopped the drop. You are all welcome!
You're not the only one. I've got similar power to manipulate this stock. It often moves directly in the opposite direction of my trades.

Well said. In addition, they are always ex post. They are not, nor do the pretend to be predictive. Many here based on facts, science and logic, attempt to predict the future value of the stock, not its actual price. I use goose entrails and an ombic chant to predict when to buy.
I'm at the point where I may be interested in learning more about using goose entrails and chants to try to predict this stock. Can't imagine they wouldn't provide better guidance than what I've been doing!:confused:

I'm at the point where I may be interested in learning more about using goose entrails and chants to try to predict this stock. Can't imagine they wouldn't provide better guidance than what I've been doing!:confused:

The real secret to our sauce is lack of income but I did buy early for most of our holdings. I semi-retired in 2001, finally no more earned income in 2008. Our average purchase price, $79 since 2010 despite last purchases at $340 and $311. Not as good as Curt Renz's; hats off to him!

Reactions: bdy0627
need to leave the house soon, but, worth keeping in mind there are institutional investors looking at Tesla's market cap currently at $43 billion, thinking, it's only once every few years you get an opening like this anywhere in the market. contrary to the propaganda campaign style pumping of the "Cult of Elon" narrative, Tesla is very heavily owned by institutional investors.

of course, I'm not leaving the house without another buy order entered at $252.80... last buy was $262 and change.

update: markets rebounding some, moved order up 50 cents and it executed. see you all later.
Tesla market cap was $18B in Feb '16, not that long ago. Not sure if that was fully diluted or based on then current number of shares. I thought that was ridiculously cheap, but there isn't much difference in my mind between $43B and $56B

Perfect storm, it seems, to drop sentiment through the floor. But nothing really has changed in the past few weeks with Tesla other than that the ramp now looks better than it did.

Just a likely tough delivery report and "earnings report". And, an accident investigation with high stakes for Tesal's signature technology. And Moody's report that shuts off future bond offerings. And a cratered stock price that makes raising needed capital, very difficult.

I'm likely going to finally back the truck up in a big way if we hit the 230s. Regardless of what I've been posting, actually seeing TSLA at 250 feels surreal.
250 to 350 is like 171 to 240
those are current prices compared to local maximums, now and feb '16
Of course, analogues don't always work

For what is worth, I was mightily tempted to buy at low 250s today...

Reactions: Tenable
Based on the M3 numbers I've seen, I think Tesla will achieve 2500/wk production by end of 1Q. A lot of people look at the ramp as linear, and it's not. Because Tesla is close to the steepest part of the ramp curve, going from 2000/wk to 2500/wk doesn't take that long. Bloomberg calculator is not a useful indicator during this time as they use averaging. The rate of change is too fast for the calculator to be predictive of the current production rate. I may eat my words, but I think we're much closer to target than it would appear.
it's not exponential, it's not linear ramp, it stopped last few days
VIN assignments:
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.49.16 PM.png

Weekly still looks good
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.59.12 PM.png

Last edited:
Rumor is they're shutting down the line Thursday, re-starting next Tuesday. Source seems to be an employee, don't know if he's reliable.

Charlie on Twitter
Would be good timing. Finish Q1 strong on production and make line changes for next step from 2000+ on way to 5000 a week. The February 20-24 downtime seemed critical to get on path to 2000, which seems like what they’ve been doing the last two weeks. If they can get past 3000 a week in April this will be good news.
I’m also sure there’s been overtime in March and the line guys can use a break.

Reactions: KarenRei
Status
Not open for further replies.