Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd simply call it NAP as in Not-Auto-Pilot. It's easy to remember, very accurate and it kind of hints at the current pace of development.

That would be devastating. You would get hundreds of crashes per day with the drivers found sleeping, and they would have a simple excuse:
- but officer, I have activated the NAP mode in the car before dozing off (taking my nap) !

The move past $347 was on some serious up volume. Really bullish. Either a big short finally decided to throw in the towel and cover, or some big money came in on FOMO. Either way, wow, what a day.

Untitled.png

Mod: A couple (not all, don't have time to go back to the start) of politics posts moved to Market politics . But It would be lots better for them to be written in the right place in the first place, then I wouldn't have to move them. Soon I will have to remind people that deleting posts is actually a small fraction of the work of moving them. --ggr

From Ihor Dusaniwsky: "$TSLA up 4.3% today, following a 4.5% jump yesterday. #Tesla short interest is $12.6 bn, 37.9 mm shares or 29.9% of the float. Shorts were down $549 mm in mark-to-market losses yesterday and are down another $540 mm today. June MTM losses are now $2.4 bn & YTD losses are $1.8 bn."

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter
With the high volume of the last week, that’s not a lot of short covering. I hope those numbers are accurate and up to date.

Volume is high today and good progress. I personally just fear this is only short term. Who else thinks after some days it goes back to 320-330 until we have confirmation for 5k/week?
At this point, I have no idea. This could just keep burning enough shorts daily for margin calls to create a delicious vicious cycle.

From Ihor Dusaniwsky: "$TSLA up 4.3% today, following a 4.5% jump yesterday. #Tesla short interest is $12.6 bn, 37.9 mm shares or 29.9% of the float. Shorts were down $549 mm in mark-to-market losses yesterday and are down another $540 mm today. June MTM losses are now $2.4 bn & YTD losses are $1.8 bn."

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

I expect most of rational shorts to cover in the coming weeks, if not doing it now. None of the bear thesis with higher chances of success can be proven right in the next months: Be it Q3/Q4 losses or 2019Q1 losses, it could take until November to figure that out. The rest of the thesis are quite weak and rely too much on coincidences, which is not good for making money as a rational short.

The market expects a weak Q2, so it's discounted already, and it may only change in the right direction. And we have 5K + Giga-factory + subsequent analysts updates + subsequent click-bait stories + subsequent journalistic stories on the radar. Barring any disaster, the chances of stock price going up significantly, and even mini or macro short squeezes are huge.

Just broke $350, next resistance $353?

Status
Not open for further replies.