Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raise your hand if you've driven down the street and you stop at a stop light, stop sign, or pause to turn right and you've had kids on the curb yell "TESLA!" as you pass by them.

I've had it happen multiple times.

Live in LA where there are Teslas all over yet...

• Driving through a parking lot and a kid turns to his mom and says "Look mom a Tesla! They drive solo!"
  • Just finished celebrating my mom's birthday at Spago in Beverly Hills (a big splurge for us but it was a milestone birthday) and was waiting for the valet. Another patron of Spago exclaimed about the car as it drove up. After we get in my mom comments "wow even at Spago they're impressed by your car."
  • Visiting my mom's friend in Monterey, was outside talking to him (he's over 80 years old) and he was talking about how beautiful and stylish the Model S is, a passing teenager in pants hanging low off his butt speaks up saying he agreed. I thought to myself...wow talk about multi-generational appeal.

Girls&guys, there is a thread specifically about competitor's products from an investment point of view. Can everyone do their best to move Jag&Bolt&Porsche talk over there? Can mods police this thread a bit harder please? I feel we won't learn without some tough love.

Mod: agree (but give me a chance...). Bunch'a posts moved to Tesla BEV Competition Developments
--ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting thread on Twitter where a bear (Jin SEO) asks Cate Long (not sure who she is, but she seems quite level headed and respected) about her opinion on Tesla's balance sheet. She indicates it shows a need to restructure or recapitalize. The really interesting part to me is the next couple of tweets, where Tesla4Everman brings up the effect of increasing model 3 sales from 18k in Q2 to 65k in Q3. She responds that ramping at that rate seems unrealistic. But, does it? To me it seems quite achievable, especially With 11k model 3 in transit from Q2. I will be a little disappointed if Tesla produces under 60,000 for Q3. Given the 11k in transit from Q2, I expect sales of 60k+. I'm sure that does sound nearly impossible to those who aren't following Tesla closely. I think the market is likely in for a surprise with Q3 sales numbers. Thoughts? Here are the tweets:

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 9.52.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 9.52.57 AM.png

Interesting thread on Twitter where a bear (Jin SEO) asks Cate Long (not sure who she is, but she seems quite level headed and respected) about her opinion on Tesla's balance sheet. She indicates it shows a need to restructure or recapitalize. The really interesting part to me is the next couple of tweets, where Tesla4Everman brings up the effect of increasing model 3 sales from 18k in Q2 to 65k in Q3. She responds that ramping at that rate seems unrealistic. But, does it? To me it seems quite achievable, especially With 11k model 3 in transit from Q2. I will be a little disappointed if Tesla produces under 60,000 for Q3. Given the 11k in transit from Q2, I expect sales of 60k+. I'm sure that does sound nearly impossible to those who aren't following Tesla closely. I think the market is likely in for a surprise with Q3 sales numbers. Thoughts? Here are the tweets:

View attachment 314965

View attachment 314966

In a strange twist of connections, Montana skeptic has historically been a big admirer of cate’s work wrt Puerto Rico muni bonds, as she represents the bond holders. It’s the other thing I’ve seen him write about, other than Tesla.

Anyone else surprised by the positive market in light of the tariffs kicking in? This seems counterintuitive to me. I thought the market would be on edge. Here is a good explanation:

Justin Pulitzer‏ @JustinPulitzer
$ES_F What's happening: ON Inventory got short based on already known Chinese Tariffs... squeezed. Squeeze accelerated over ON high. Keep in mind the close will be a battle between the stubborn shorts who haven't covered / allocations and the must go home flat crowd. Use stops!

The suggestion here is that the market may dip into the close following this squeeze action. I'm looking at adding some SPY puts today as a hedge going into next week. Who knows what this trade war is going to do into next week.

Barring a true trade war crashing the market (which I am definitely a little worried about), I would be very surprised if TSLA is not substantially higher by close next Friday.

General market macros have been an ongoing concern, especially given where we've fallen on flat market conditions. Trump doesn't make investing any less stressful that's for sure.

Edit: Wow your other comment is right bdy0627, didn't realize the steady uptrend the market has in general today, might hurt a bit if that pulls back.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden

View attachment 314965

View attachment 314966

I literally LOL'd when I read the last response from Cate.
Looks like a lot of people live "in The Nile" still...

Doesn’t work weekly, but it has been very profitable for me. It’s essentially the spread negativity in articles/twitter/SA and the actual performance of the company. It’s not just negativity....for example, when the X was delayed significantly (and Tesla Energy was eerily quiet) there were lots of negative articles, however they were justified and the SP stayed down.

Seriously not advice. You won’t be hearing from me for a bit, putting down my dog today.

My heart goes out to you, very tough time.

View attachment 314965

View attachment 314966

I gotta add to this:
Elon Musk doesn't care about you

Straight up Linette is a troll. There is nothing to prove just look at the history of articles she wrote. It's ludicrous

I'm sitting with my Teslas and TSLA just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.