Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not an old story, thats a new story
If this was blatantly wrong or "criminal" as some suggest, Tesla would sue CNBC and the Woman personally for defamation. But they don´t, and they don´t give hard data like the first try yield to refute the story. smoke and fire...

I really think Elon may be working on his rebuttal to this kind of game playing with his new project with a couple of key members of the former leadership of the Onion.

Elon Musk Wanted to Buy ‘The Onion,’ Now His Team’s Hiring Its Staffers for a Secret Project

Satire looks like a very good option compared to the alternatives. Often if Tesla/Elon straight up just try to rebut hazy stories, they'll just get 10X more focus on the concern mongering aspect (and they'll be described as thin-skinned, defensive...), with the response just used to multiply mention of the false narrative, rather than give a fair hearing to Tesla's actual rebuttal.

The more subjective the rubbish narrative, the more likely this backfiring of a response. As an example, consider this completely hollow practice of claiming to find one car with panel gaps and then saying all Teslas have that issue (and quoting other smearing pieces that were based on one car but reported as if a general problem). Very hard for Tesla to rebut without simply pouring gasoline onto the pumping of the "Tesla shockingly poor quality" false narrative.

As I said last week..

This stock is total trash.

This stock will continue to be total trash for an indefinite period of time.

This will just keep getting worse if there is no evidence of improvements.

Either define yourself, or others will do it for you. As of now, Tesla is being defined by everyone else.

Trash stock. Never holds a gain. Goes down more than it goes up.

But I won't sell. So I guess I'm the cult member.

I really think Elon may be working on his rebuttal to this kind of game playing with his new project with a couple of key members of the former leadership of the Onion.

Elon Musk Wanted to Buy ‘The Onion,’ Now His Team’s Hiring Its Staffers for a Secret Project

Satire looks like a very good option compared to the alternatives. Often if Tesla/Elon straight up just try to rebut hazy stories, they'll just get 10X more focus on the concern mongering aspect (and they'll be described as thin-skinned, defensive...), with the response just used to multiply mention of the false narrative, rather than give a fair hearing to Tesla's actual rebuttal.

The more subjective the rubbish narrative, the more likely this backfiring of a response. As an example, consider this completely hollow practice of claiming to find one car with panel gaps and then saying all Teslas have that issue (and quoting other smearing pieces that were based on one car but reported as if a general problem). Very hard for Tesla to rebut without simply pouring gasoline onto the pumping of the "Tesla shockingly poor quality" false narrative.

Look. The Onion can't be bought at any price. Unlike the financial media, they've got integrity.

There isn't another side.

The past two days worth of decline was occurring because people are getting inside information on these short reports.

Otherwise, the squeeze on Monday would have continued. Its people shorting without fear, because they know the information before we do, that cause this.

We lose. We will always lose.

Markets up 50%-100%, other stocks up 100%-1000% in a year...

Tesla gets none of it. We just take abuse. We just risk all of our money for the fun of it apparently.

Look. The Onion can't be bought at any price. Unlike the financial media, they've got integrity.

fwiw, 40% of it was bought by Univision in 2016.

and, from one of today's articles on Elon's project, referring to two of the former top people at the Onion who've been hired by Elon,

"Former Onion Editor in Chief Cole Bolton and Executive Editor Ben Berkley left the publication last year due to differences with the company’s management."

I don't know if their differences were due to Univision's influence, but, it would not be shocking if it was.

The past two days worth of decline was occurring because people are getting inside information on these short reports.

Otherwise, the squeeze on Monday would have continued. Its people shorting without fear, because they know the information before we do, that cause this.

Tesla gets none of it. We just take abuse. We just risk all of our money for the fun of it apparently.

I'd agree with you that it's entirely possible that there are shorts pushing out these false narratives, and making trades in advance of them coming out.

So, there may well be this group among others more effectively getting their funhouse distorted "Tesla disaster" message out in the media than Tesla gets its message out (at least some of which has to do with what messages much of the media is more interested in promoting).

Tesla, however, is far far more effectively executing on moving into the future of transportation than any other company on the planet. I see no "losing" in any of this.

Reactions: Words of HABIT

How do I get on the distribution list of these short reports

Tesla is in the middle of production hell after going up 100% last year. We are lucky to have an opportunity to add to our positions.

Notice how there is never a positive rumor about this company?

Ever notice how every "surprise" report is negative?

Cards are stacked against us. Longs don't use fake news to raise the stock but shorts are kings and queens of fake news.

ANY positive report is discounted and ignored. ALL negative reports are treated as gospel.

But I'll watch my account values go to zero if I have to. Shorts can burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.