Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twitter and the Chief Twit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, the bigges delusion was that tesla was the most valued car company in the world, more or less same as next top 10 manufacturers.

this is bonkers. once people start to see that others release EVs that are not much worse than tesla, shares has to plummet.
Exactly. Share value has always been artificially high - novelty, dot-com like enthusiasm. The reality is that Tesla sells fewer cars than Mazda. Tesla's are overpriced, expensive to repair out of warranty, and all the promises in the world mean nothing if you don't deliver on them. And as soon as tesla do achieve competitive volume manufacture, their second-hand price will plummet. They're also going to be victims of the European electricity prices because even if the Putin issues go away history tells us that electricity will not go down in price.

A question for those who use Twitter regularly - is Musk showing a right-wing bias? I thought he'd always claimed he wasn't interested in politics but what I've seen from his tweets lately there seems a definite leaning to the Republicans. What do you think?
I was first aware of this with the Democrats decision in 2021 to offer tax credits up to $7,500 against EVs manufactured by US unionised car plants, thereby excluding Tesla. In addition there is a current cap of 200,000 plug-in vehicles per manufacturer that qualify for the tax credit & for General Motors and Tesla, that limit has long been exceeded.

Elon Musk: “Tesla is successful currently in spite of our competitors having materially greater tax advantages than Tesla — in spite of it, not because of it,”...“If you eliminated all EV incentives tomorrow, Tesla’s competitive position would improve significantly. I’ll say that again, if you eliminated all…EV tax credits, Tesla’s position would improve immediately.”

Now combine that with firstly reinstating Donald Trumps' Twitter account & then attending the World Cup Final alongside his son-in-law Jared Kushner (the press even speculating that Kushner could be "someone foolish enough to take the job"* as CEO of Twitter...*Musks' own words).

Right wing bias is probably understandable but appearing to openly endorse the toxic-for-many Trump brand seems like more reckless lunacy to me.

Exactly. Share value has always been artificially high - novelty, dot-com like enthusiasm. The reality is that Tesla sells fewer cars than Mazda. Tesla's are overpriced, expensive to repair out of warranty, and all the promises in the world mean nothing if you don't deliver on them. And as soon as tesla do achieve competitive volume manufacture, their second-hand price will plummet. They're also going to be victims of the European electricity prices because even if the Putin issues go away history tells us that electricity will not go down in price.
It is easy to underestimate Tesla when looking at them as only a car company. In a few years’ time, I wouldn’t be surprised if the car manufacturing side of the business is less than 50% of their income.

Right leaning? Well… he went to the World Cup final with a Donald Trumps son in law. Proper lads weekend.

The Murdoch argument, I think the difference is Murdoch has never put himself up as the champion of free speech

The whole topic is a massively complex one. Is the Reddit approach the best one, people up or down vote opinion/statements, or is that also nonsense when a lobby of people can downvote the truth? Take Vax deniers.. do I care? If 99% of people say it saves lives and 1% say it’s a conspiracy, I can either go with the 99% or I’m the type that wants to believe in conspiracy, if I’m the later then trying to ban the view isn’t going to solve much. What might make a difference is every Twitter account is legally linked to a person or business that can be sued for libel and you can’t hide behind anonymity.

Right leaning? Well… he went to the World Cup final with a Donald Trumps son in law. Proper lads weekend.

The Murdoch argument, I think the difference is Murdoch has never put himself up as the champion of free speech

The whole topic is a massively complex one. Is the Reddit approach the best one, people up or down vote opinion/statements, or is that also nonsense when a lobby of people can downvote the truth? Take Vax deniers.. do I care? If 99% of people say it saves lives and 1% say it’s a conspiracy, I can either go with the 99% or I’m the type that wants to believe in conspiracy, if I’m the later then trying to ban the view isn’t going to solve much. What might make a difference is every Twitter account is legally linked to a person or business that can be sued for libel and you can’t hide behind anonymity.
Ah but what if Bill Gates is controlling the 99% via the chips in the vaxine huh?

Saw this 5 mins ago and I’m still laughing.

Am I the only one who thinks Musk and Trump are starting to sound the same?

A question for those who use Twitter regularly - is Musk showing a right-wing bias? I thought he'd always claimed he wasn't interested in politics but what I've seen from his tweets lately there seems a definite leaning to the Republicans. What do you think?

Last edited: