Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Model 3 changes - Beginning of June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to pick mine up on monday (2020-06-29), I have a 742xxx vin! I thought the last five digits were sequential? Mine is supposed to be an inventory car, but there's a big jump from 20,xxx to 42,xxx

I reserved my Model 3 from inventory on 5 June (I’m in UK), and I pick it up on 30 June; I assumed it wouldn’t be possible to build and ship in those timelines and get USB-C etc. (I was originally offered 24 June as my collection date), but my VIN is 733xxx so maybe there’s hope!

Just picked up an existing inventory June build with USB-C.

Has anyone found a USB-C flash drive for sentry mode?

The wireless charging is plugged into the the USB-C port and there is open USB-A port if it is the same module as what is in the Y. So the default/recommend solutions should still apply. Otherwise there are lots of USB-C microSD adapters plus if you must use the USB-C port there and adapting A to C is standard thing.

I reserved my Model 3 from inventory on 5 June (I’m in UK), and I pick it up on 30 June; I assumed it wouldn’t be possible to build and ship in those timelines and get USB-C etc. (I was originally offered 24 June as my collection date), but my VIN is 733xxx so maybe there’s hope!
Well, no joy on the USB-C or wireless charging front for me, looks like it left the factory before the start of June. Not a massive deal though, couldn’t be happier with it, absolutely amazing car and only the tiniest quality issues to niggle about; very relieved!

Ordered an "in inventory" M3 SR+ on 6/16. Picked up today in Warwick, Rhode Island. It has the Qi charger which hooks via a USB-C and another USB A which Im using for Sensry. The back also has USB-Cs. Noob so not sure if thats new or old.

I would like an update to avoid highways, as here in a small state, its easier and less congested to just travel a back road which is a route.

Come on Tesla!

I ordered a Model 3, it's on its way to Europe. I also ordered a J1772 adapter, apparently identical to this one:

SAE J1772 Charging Adapter

to be able to charge the M3 in my current LEAF charged (fixed cable, type 1). I orderd in amazon as the Barcelona SC said they coudn't get me one.

I now read (in old posts) that the Model 3 actually comes with one...

Can someone who had a recent delivery, confirm whether it has this J1772 adapter?

Thanks

Well, the USB-C in the back and AC are DOA.

I think the AC and USB-Cs in the back only work when there is weight on one of the back seats, unless you press the AC on button with the climate controls for the back, which is on the lower right side.

I havent tested, but Id assume this as my kids charge their devices using them and I did notice the AC only goes on automatically when there is weight.

I ordered a Model 3, it's on its way to Europe. I also ordered a J1772 adapter, apparently identical to this one:

SAE J1772 Charging Adapter

to be able to charge the M3 in my current LEAF charged (fixed cable, type 1). I orderd in amazon as the Barcelona SC said they coudn't get me one.

I now read (in old posts) that the Model 3 actually comes with one...

Can someone who had a recent delivery, confirm whether it has this J1772 adapter?

Thanks

I ordered 6/26, took deliver 6/30 of an TM3 SR+ built in June and mine came with the adapter.

I think the AC and USB-Cs in the back only work when there is weight on one of the back seats, unless you press the AC on button with the climate controls for the back, which is on the lower right side.

I havent tested, but Id assume this as my kids charge their devices using them and I did notice the AC only goes on automatically when there is weight.
Yes for AC.
Usb dont work.

Everyone loves wireless phone charging for some reason. I see the point for AirPods and the like but not for phones since you can use them while plugged in and also charge faster as stated. But it’s personal preference. :D

I guess it is preference. I like the wireless charging myself. Less fumbling in the dark to plug my phone back in at night if I get a work call, and while I probably keep my phones longer than some, it seems the phone port and cords tend to wear more and you get to that point where you plug it in and it wasn't jiggled right and wake up with a dead phone still.

Anyways, the USB C vs. regular USB in the back is a wash for me, but while they had the exact model I wanted in inventory in June, I went with new in part for the wireless charging (Also gave me time to get my garage set up, sell my other vehicle, etc).