Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Phone Keys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can a Y have two phone keys attached? I've set up two key cards and two phones; one of each for my partner and I.
In my 3 i never had issues with just my phone connected but now i have connected two, mine doesn't work at all when it comes to unlocking the door on walk up, but my partners phone does the job fine

Can a Y have two phone keys attached? I've set up two key cards and two phones; one of each for my partner and I.
In my 3 i never had issues with just my phone connected but now i have connected two, mine doesn't work at all when it comes to unlocking the door on walk up, but my partners phone does the job fine
Both phones should work. My wife and I do the same and both of ours work. We use iPhones in case it is relevant.

My wife & I both have our phones linked to our M3 - no issues, apart from if she's in her home "office" when I want to leave. She's close enough that her phone stays linked and mine always then has a delay in unlocking the car. At those times I just use my Tesla ring to unlock, and my phone is fine by the time I'm in the seat.

We have 2 cardkeys, 2 phone keys and a key fob, so 5 so ok, space on the screen looks like 6 should be ok as well (if that’s any guide). I’m sure there will be a limit but I think you’re good for a few more keys

Is there a limit to how many phones as keys that can be used? I typically carry 4 or 5 different phones that I rotate between as I have new phones monthly. Is there a limit to how many phones can be used as a key at one time? Polestar has one and it is super inconvenient.

Model Y supports a total of 19 keys, which can include phone keys, key cards, and up to four key fobs.

Info about driver profiles and linking them to a key