Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not due to replace mine yet but occasionally check what the cost would be so I have an idea when I will need a tyre.

When I bought the car in March 2022 the standard 18 inch Michelin OEM Tesla acoustic tyres were around £200 if you shopped around.

At the moment they all seem to be over £300!

Is it just current supply and demand, why so much more than last year?

I know some people just fit standard tyres instead but I'd read that the factory fit tyres are specifically developed for the car and apart from acoustics the handling is supposedly better as they factor in the extra weight of the batteries.

Just thought I'd ask what everyone else thinks?

Screenshot_20230416-141411.png

I’ve had non EV specific tyres on all winter and noticed no difference - apart from they wear much slower than the summer, factory-fitted, P-Zeros. Previously I’ve bought tyres in pairs as I’m in the run up to needing them and fitted when the time comes. Does take up a lot of room in the garage though

Reactions: Stusla
I just read another thread and last October they were £198 from Kwik Fit at the time.

Other tyres (i.e. non Tesla) don't seem to have gone up as much, Goodyear, Bridgstone, Michelin Cross Climate etc.. all around £150 to £200

My model 3 is leased via Tusker. They were absolute arseholes when I requested CC2 as replacements and insisted on PS4 because they were the manufacturer fitted option. I’m now down to 3mm and am looking forward to getting a new set of PS4s fitted this week.

That price you listed seems a bit of a ripoff to be honest. I was pricing 20" (for my M3P) earlier today at around £220 a corner for Michelin PS4 in T0 spec. Edit - ah Kwikfit...nuff said!
If you qualify for Costco membership (or family member does) they often run a £100 off four tyres too throughout the year to get them cheaper still.

1st July today, having 4 new tyres on the car. Found a nail in rear left the other evening and also found the rears are close to legal limit (should have checked earlier). Checked front and there at 2mm. At Kwik-fit now for Pilot 4 Sport Silent. I know people debate don’t make a diff, I did consider cross climates too. decision made 🤓 . Thankfully 15% discount for 4 tyres so all in £765.92 instead of £888. That’s £191.25 each. Also went through Quidco so £18 cashback due. Oh and 25,500 miles on the tyres, includes me as first owner with heavy foot for first few thousand 🤓

First time having Tesla car tyre change so nervous 😟 about them jacking correctly. I brought my jack pucks and offered them, guy smiled and said we have our own, never seen a customer bring their own. I’m watching now I can see they’ve fitted their own pucks, YES! and breathe and relax.🤣

Last edited:
At least on the 20”, 235 width tyres have less manufacturers making them compared to 245 width. Loads of cheaper but still decent options, like Falkens, available if you go for 245s. Plus you get a bit more kerb rash protection.

Never see the crossclimates though in any combination :(