Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
. 20.12 just installed on MS R 2019.

Good news: a really annoying issue with WiFi disconnecting appears to have 'gone away'.

Otherwise, not much of note. Not bothered about more games. Tried the 'upgraded' version of Trax. Is it just me or are the Save and Load buttons non-functional?

GPS has improved. Car is now in my garage rather than just outside.
If only the sat nav knew where last year’s road building had taken place...
UPDATE
Just spotted that Google Earth app for iOS is not as up to date as same view for car’s location in the Tesla app. GE is at least 2 years older.

Last edited:
UPDATE
Just spotted that Google Earth app for iOS is not as up to date as same view for car’s location in the Tesla app. GE is at least 2 years older.
Just about to note that I’ve noticed the Satellite images in the car’s Nav have been updated. Although this could have been on 2020.16.3. Coincidence more likely and pushed/downloaded from map providers server (Google? OSM?)

A newly (2-3 year ago) paved road around work wasn’t previously shown in sat view, but now is. Standard map mode, the road doesn’t exist, but guess that’ll come with Nav update 2020

I've recently got an iPhone and the only thing I noticed was that the satellite maps used on the app were different. The android I used before showed maps that match what I see on Google so I assumed that the maps used by the iPhone app were not sourced from Google.

I've recently got an iPhone and the only thing I noticed was that the satellite maps used on the app were different. The android I used before showed maps that match what I see on Google so I assumed that the maps used by the iPhone app were not sourced from Google.
Not surprisingly I see that the iPhone uses Apple maps whereas android uses google.

I have installed this update and I have noticed that voice commands can now be used to select music on my iphone using apple music.

I don't know if this is new or just it works properly now.

What command do you use? Also can you change from dab etc to Bluetooth? That's something else I've never managed.

Just said " Play" followed by name of track and in one case I used track and artist and it played it.

If I do that, it just plays the track from Spotify. Had you switched to your phone first?

I was already connected and playing music, just wanted a specific track.
I presume it uses the current connection, I never use spotify.

I tried voice control of phone tracks and couldn't get it to work. I was listening to iTunes via Bluetooth on phone then tried voice to "play Chris Rea" (recognised as "play Chris Reah") and it started playing a Chris Rea track from Spotify. I tried again with Queen, same thing, played a Queen track from Spotify. I then tried "play queen from phone" and it bought up a search box.

Anyone on. 2020.20.12 noticing different level of regenerative breaking or this is just me seeing things that dont exist. Seems like hold does not stop car as much as before

Feels like a change at some point to regen. Its only second time I had driven the car since early March and I was having to relearn stopping distances.

Following on from lack of driving. First time driven in mixed rain since I can remember "I never thought I would say that as every trip seemed to be wet before March" and I thought that the wipers did a very good job. Driving from torrential downpour then instantly dry motorway and bright sunshine, I thought that they performed as well as I could expect, even with light spray coming of a truck on an otherwise dry road, a very marginal call. On one occasion I prompted it, but I was being over cautious. Occasionally, it was a little slow coming off full speed (pressing button calmed that down), but preferred that than it being too slow like it use to be. Hopefully its improved in the dark too ?

Last edited:
yes it does look like is switches to spotify, you don't notice if you have the player minimised.

I have since tried using siri and that works, when you call hey siri, it connects to car bluetooth as if you are making a call and then you can use siri to change apple music, its a bit cumbersome but it works.

I tried voice control of phone tracks and couldn't get it to work. I was listening to iTunes via Bluetooth on phone then tried voice to "play Chris Rea" (recognised as "play Chris Reah") and it started playing a Chris Rea track from Spotify. I tried again with Queen, same thing, played a Queen track from Spotify. I then tried "play queen from phone" and it bought up a search box.

Dissapointing. This is exactly my experience up to now and am interested to hear if anyone else has had different.

I was wondering if the update would fix it.

Voice recognition seems better in last few months... so if I say "play creep by radiohead" it will correctly translate it.... then open up the find media screen - usually at podcasts. Completely useless and not safe when driving.

Such an easy fix! Come on Tesla.

Have you reformatted the drive. I don't know what media drive you have, but for some, file corruption could be a sign that the media is wearing out as we are within the timeframes for wear rates to play a part on some Model 3 delivery time frames.
Using a good quality SSD. Car is 10 months old but not regularly used and Sentry even less regularly. I don't think it's a disk formatting issue but I'll give it a try if the corruption persists. Feels like this glitch was introduced a few updates back as up to then, Sentry had been OK for me

SSD and Endurance SD card should be fine for quite a few years. So should not be wearing out.

Do double check your USB cable, especially the plug into the car. I found intermittent fault with the electromechanical USB plug/socket arrangement on ours. I don't think the Tesla socket is particularly secure especially if the USB cable is allowed to 'flap in the wind'. I fixed ours down, intermittent corruption problem solved.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
I just hope it doesn't try and play from Spotify when premium connectivity goes. I have a media drive of full resolution tracks of my taste in the car (or normally would but USB ports currently broken) and its perplexing when it goes out of its way to switch media and play an inferior Spotify track.

Quite.
My USB ports stopped working until i gave the right side of the centre console a good clout , they've been fine since

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB and Durzel
. 20.12 just installed on MS R 2019.

Good news: a really annoying issue with WiFi disconnecting appears to have 'gone away'.

Otherwise, not much of note. Not bothered about more games. Tried the 'upgraded' version of Trax. Is it just me or are the Save and Load buttons non-functional?

Managed to get a bit of a drive today.

Sadly, WiFi was disconnected and stayed disconnected..... so nothing exciting there.

I did notice better lane visualisations. On roads with no centre marking and little visible by way of a seam down the middle of the carriageway, the visualisation managed to keep an idea of where a centre line would be.

SSD and Endurance SD card should be fine for quite a few years. So should not be wearing out.

Do double check your USB cable, especially the plug into the car. I found intermittent fault with the electromechanical USB plug/socket arrangement on ours. I don't think the Tesla socket is particularly secure especially if the USB cable is allowed to 'flap in the wind'. I fixed ours down, intermittent corruption problem solved.
Cheers. I remade the connections this evening and the first Sentry test seemed to work fine. I may leave Sentry on tonight to see what happens

Reactions: MrBadger