Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed the notifications of unlocked door, trunk etc don’t work. I’m not being notified by the app. I wasn’t notified of the waiting or competed install either. I wonder if there is a temporary problem with Tesla?

Interestingly this was the first time I wasn’t notified of a successful install either. I thought it peculiar at the time.

These match my experiences with no charge notifications, below.

Are people still getting charge start and end notifications?

I found them turned off in the app yesterday so turned them back on and subsequently confirmed, but still no notifications. I think I originally turned off notifications from when it was sunny and I was charging via solar.

I'm on app iOS 3.10.8 (up to date) and 2020.32.2 but its happening on multiple iOS devices of various generations both same app version.

Too wet outside to want and check the car for any settings so thought I would ask here :oops:

Apologies, misread as you say. I've left the door open now, will see what happens.

EDIT: Well, 15 minutes has passed with the door open, and no notification. Interestingly, TeslaMate is reporting "Driver Present", which could be related. There is definitely no one in the car and my phone isn't connected.

View attachment 580941
Makes me think something in Tesla is broken.

Has there been a change in car view in visualisation?

First time as a passenger for a long period of time.

I noticed that in some circumstances, the car was zoomed further out and you could see further behind the car. This seemed to occur in situations where there was multiple lanes so semi useful (as you need to take eyes off of road and mirrors) for blind spot.

There seem to be three views, this, the normal one, and an intermediate view.

upload_2020-8-26_19-9-17.png

How do you force it to check?

Open software menu in the car settings menu screen. Will force a “check”.

Worth reiterating that a 'force a check' is not the same as a 'force a download to be available'. There is no way to force the latter.

The download will become available when that particular car is scheduled to receive the update. This is often not the same as anyone elses car although they are released in batches over several weeks. You get it when you get it, although the standard/advanced can delay updates, although doesn't always seem to make much difference.