Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone suffering the following issue?

Ever since I updated to this latest firmware release I can’t seem to wake the car up any other way than physically going to it and opening the door. It’s now harder to wake up than a hungover student the first Monday after freshers week.

TeslaFi can’t do it, and the Tesla App can’t do it. I’m stumped.

Ever since I updated to this latest firmware release I can’t seem to wake the car up any other way than physically going to it and opening the door. It’s now harder to wake up than a hungover student the first Monday after freshers week.

Same for me! 2020.36.10, didn't wake up last night via the app (had to go out to the car), not waking up now.
Ooh, I also upgraded to iOS 14 last night -- could it be that?

Not waking up for me. Thought it was a one-off last night but same today. Updated to 36.10 a few days ago. Giveth and taketh away. Ho hum. I'll try a full re-boot.

I bought a Tesla for many reasons & not driving it wasn’t one of them.

I still get more pleasure from actually steering & accelerating. It’s the easiest, most enjoyable & stress reducing vehicle that I’ve ever owned, much more so when I’m actually in control.

...I appreciate that others prefer the car to be (sort of) doing that for them.
Exactly, fully agree....

Mine wouldn't wake remotely this morning, was fine yesterday though.

Maybe a patch for the cars not waking up via the app?

If it was a bug fix, based upon previous used conventions, it would likely have been 20202.36.10.1 etc

The car not waking up though is now shown not be be software. Apart from 36.10 working fine for a week for some of us, someone has got the same problem who is still on 32.x. And its also not iOS 14 related either, as I'm stll on iOS 12 and likes of TeslaFi also struggling.

Reactions: m3gt2
I’m on 36.10, iOS13 and 14. no issues with wake up
Car wakes up from my iPhone 6S while I’m in the conservatory which has got to be over 30 feet away through 2 internal and 3 external walls.
Unless WiFi plays a part...

I’m on 36.10, iOS13 and 14. no issues with wake up
Car wakes up from my iPhone 6S while I’m in the conservatory which has got to be over 30 feet away through 2 internal and 3 external walls.
Unless WiFi plays a part...
It's done via the LTE and/or wifi connection so distance shouldn't matter. Just as long as the car has connection.

It was mentioned, probably in an earlier software update, that AP was keeping the car closer to left than most people like.
Under 36.10, I noticed yesterday that the car seemed more centred in between the lane markings on screen and more importantly, on the road.
Anyone feel the same?

Mine has always been well centred in the lane, but that’s not what I want :) or, IMHO, what it should be doing while cars that do it are a tiny minority.
Yes I'm with you. If there is a truck on the left and nothing on my right I would want my M3 to favour the right side of the lane. Also on smaller roads it takes me much closer to the curb and foliage than I find comfortable.

Autopilot isn't supposed to be used on non-motorways anyway. I'd stretch that to some of the major A roads where it works well.

For long journeys it takes a lot of the effort out.. I can travel further and be less tired at the end. But around town I'll let others beta test that..

While I agree with this statement, it makes no sense if in UK traffic light and speed recognition only work on roads that aren't supported by the system they are part of.

In fact, on many roads I have noticed changes in availability of NoA even when the road layout doesn't change. So it can be very difficult to know if speed limit sign recognition should be expected to work or not.

If the only places it can be used (according to the book) are non motorway, non NoA, non city streets, then that really narrows it down! Not many traffic lights and non smart-sign speed limits on motorways, and smart signs are not handled in any case.