Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since no one has mentioned.

Coincidence or new informational in 48.10? I suspect latter.

UI_a108
Dashcam USB drive is getting full
Delete files or reformat drive

upload_2020-12-13_8-48-4.png

I reformatted drive as ExFat on PC. Previously had needed to use third party package for Fat32 so its nice to be able to format natively on PC. Still not being offered the ability to format in car - even when swapping to a single card media reader - if message is not generic, the car seems to think that there are multiple devices/partitions even after a full Windows format. Maybe one day I will get around to checking for hidden partitions but with in dash viewer, removing media is now a thing of the past.

As for thinking media is full. As I use to rotate our media to view incidents, I replaced with the other media card so still have the original to look at to see what the car constitutes a 'full' drive. The removed one one has been in the car for best part of 10 months (and had clips at least 12 months old).

One thing I've noticed in the last couple of releases is the internal lights get stuck on. It's not consistent - possibly after visiting a supercharger? I never switch them on manually so presumably they didn't go off when the door was last closed.. but if it was the car thinking the door was open it would show in the display and the car would likely stop me driving off.

PITA trying to switch them off whilst driving.. there's apparently voice control but I've not once managed to get that to work for them.

First drive on 48.10 today. Lots of warnings about the front left fender camera being blocked or blinded. In a year of driving I’ve never seen this before and wondered if the left door pillar camera had been renamed. Until I got a door pillar warning! Rain was heavy but I don’t think I’ve seen so many camera warnings on one trip. Has something changed, and is the ‘fender camera’ the one on the front wing looking backwards? No other changes noted. I thought TACC might have stopped phantom braking until I was passing a curtain sided truck on the M4 so no change there. There’s always one point on the journey as I leave a dual carriageway and pass a 50mph limit where I get an alarm and the steering shakes. No idea why but it’s always ‘alarming’.

First drive on 48.10 today. Lots of warnings about the front left fender camera being blocked or blinded. In a year of driving I’ve never seen this before and wondered if the left door pillar camera had been renamed. Until I got a door pillar warning! Rain was heavy but I don’t think I’ve seen so many camera warnings on one trip. Has something changed, and is the ‘fender camera’ the one on the front wing looking backwards? No other changes noted. I thought TACC might have stopped phantom braking until I was passing a curtain sided truck on the M4 so no change there. There’s always one point on the journey as I leave a dual carriageway and pass a 50mph limit where I get an alarm and the steering shakes. No idea why but it’s always ‘alarming’.

I think you'll see these more during winter. Dark hedges dull days makes this frequent for me at least, and always left side naturally. I live in hope that the forecasted UI update in v11 may make these less prominent, they serve little purpose.

Reactions: phil4 and DrivenRay
I did a couple of hundred miles today and i got that a lot as well but i've also seen it before in heavy rain so not sure its something new I am still on 44.15. I also got 2 phantom brakes both from curtain sider lorries.

Big uptick in camera warnings with winter weather and the sun at lowest levels this time of year.

Sep was pretty much a camera warning free month but since Oct I get them on every journey. They go away intermittently but just got used to seeing them now.

Definitely no sun to generate camera warnings yesterday - not where I was anyway! My main point was that I was getting warnings about the fender camera being blocked or blinded. I’d never seen this before in 14000 miles of driving. I wondered which the fender camera was. I’ve driven in heavy rain previously and haven’t seen almost continuous camera warnings either. Mostly I wasn’t on dark country lanes either.

Since V11 would be a major release, isn’t it likely to have a new week number?
Don’t think V10 did - which was released on Christmas Eve 2019

V11 estimated to be 22nd December

The 22nd is the last Tuesday before it would be past the Holiday days, and most wide rollouts occur on Tuesdays! A few other factors, but those are the important ones.

Last Holiday update was also on a Tuesday.

V10 was released as early as the end of September. teslascope.com/teslapedia/sof…

The Holiday update released December 24th last year!

2020.48.10 is by far the most prevalent version. Next step V11 2020.48.xx ?

View attachment 617724

The fleet definitely catches up once or twice a year where we get to +95% of the fleet all on the same version. Often the period where there are no updates for ages. The numbers on 48.10 seem ‘low’ by comparison. Are 2021 cars still on a deprecated stable (!) version?

Don’t think V10 did - which was released on Christmas Eve 2019

That was the 'traffic cones' update, 2019.40.50 - a bump from 40.2.1 for us. I think that version got a bump from v10.1 to v10.2 though, which has persisted through to now.

V10 came along end September, with 32.11 for us, a bump from 32.2.2 - but still a minor version bump. If I remember rightly, v10.1 came along with 36.x.

Hopefully v11 wont be the anticlimax that I thought that v10 was last year - v10 seemed to be more on the entertainment side of things. I am hoping that v11 this year will, amongst other hints from EM, bring some technology improvements carried over from the FSD beta.

But roll on the 'holiday' release whatever it brings.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMc1