Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand why they can't implement simple logic here? If the car is unlocked and it has stopped charging, unlock the charge port. If the charge needs to resume or the car locks, then lock the charge port. Other cars do this but maybe I'm not thinking of a scenario where this doesn't work well?
I remember similar issues coming up on another EV forum, the car only charged when the car was locked then you can't sit in the car while it's charging. This only seemed to affect AC charging, DC charging had a different logic. Whilst its unlikely you will be waiting with the car while AC charging its not completely impossible, especially if you arrive at a rapid, and the DC isn't working and need enough on AC to get to the next services. They also didn't have preheat on that EV so it ruled out heating the cabin whilst connecting to AC to minimize heater draw from battery. I'm sure there's a way to work it.

The only one that comes to mind if you accidentally don't lock the car or walk away lock fails then the charge stops for whatever reason. Leaves your cable at risk. With anything like that my view is give people the choice, can always be disabled by default.

I remember similar issues coming up on another EV forum, the car only charged when the car was locked then you can't sit in the car while it's charging. This only seemed to affect AC charging, DC charging had a different logic. Whilst its unlikely you will be waiting with the car while AC charging its not completely impossible, especially if you arrive at a rapid, and the DC isn't working and need enough on AC to get to the next services. They also didn't have preheat on that EV so it ruled out heating the cabin whilst connecting to AC to minimize heater draw from battery. I'm sure there's a way to work it.

that sounds like the MG ZS EV

Reactions: 98dizzard
UI change (undocumented)

D042396B-2029-4D73-A698-3CDA903CC2E6.jpeg

https://twitter.com/skytek65/status/1335310387818991617?s=21