Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.24 just released, looks to have some good stuff.

1627541951662.png

Last edited:
Quite interested in the Auto-dim function. Where I park can be a perfect storm of poor visibility. I have a very narrow driveway. There is an LED streetlamp overhead that shines on the front windscreen causing a number of weird reflections that bounce into the wing mirrors and when it's dark with rain on the mirrors, makes lining the car up to reverse in very tricky indeed. This isn't helped by dimmed mirrors so the option to disable auto-dim on reverse could be very useful.

This isn't helped by dimmed mirrors so the option to disable auto-dim on reverse could be very useful.

Unfortunately it looks to be just auto dim on/off and not reverse although I think things in reverse have improved recently, based upon one recent dark drive where I had to reverse and could actually see something in rear view (door) mirrors when reversing!

Another one that possibly needs to be more accessible.
1627545626300.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately it looks to be just auto dim on/off and not reverse although I think things in reverse have improved recently, based upon one recent dark drive where I had to reverse and could actually see something in rear view mirrors when reversing!

View attachment 689449

OIC. Shame, I was going off a couple of the comments I saw in the Reddit thread.

Unfortunately it looks to be just auto dim on/off and not reverse although I think things in reverse have improved recently, based upon one recent dark drive where I had to reverse and could actually see something in rear view mirrors when reversing!

View attachment 689449
Do we know if this is just the rear view mirror auto dim or does it include the wing mirrors too? Reason I ask is that I’d like to turn it of just for the rear view mirror as I have tinted my rear screen but not the wing mirrors