Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 24.4 last Friday. Next day I had a long drive which included M4 & M25; I've never really suffered from many of the autopilot issues many here have had. BUT, on 24.4 I experienced the red steering wheel abort on the M4 as a followed behind a car slowing down to take a services exit. I was on NoA at a follow length of 3. The car ahead was slowing down quite normally and, NoA did the same for me .... then out of nowhere, NoA had a fit and aborted. That's never happened to me before. Also, later in the day I experienced hard braking as the car passed a high-sided lorry, I don't recall the lorry crossing over into my lane, maybe it did, yet NoA hit the brakes. First very hard braking event I can recall in almost 2 years of owning. Otherwise, 24.4 seemed to be OK.

....on 24.4 I experienced the red steering wheel abort .... then out of nowhere, NoA had a fit and aborted.
Happened to me several times on 12.25.7 but never experienced it before & then today, first drive on 24.4 it happened again. On every occasion I was applying slight force to the wheel, exactly as I've always done.

The red abort then locks out AP autosteer for about 10-15 minutes before the grey steering wheel reappears.