Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't check my phone very often but I do check more often with TeslaFi.
A few times past I've seen a notification on TeslaFi of a software update downloading then gone to the (V3) App to start the software update.
Not seen any updates for a while and none since phone App V4 appeared.
I hope between them, I'll catch the next software update when it happens.

Door pillar cameras being “blocked or blinded” is always a thing at night on roads with vegetation or other indiscernible stuff at the sides. I wish Tesla would alter the message based on time of day, but it doesn’t seem likely they ever will. I’ve seen this warning on all software versions when driving on country roads at night.

Installing .5 now. Car notified me via phone in the middle of the night. As usual it was woken up by an external entity (Tesla) to check for and download the update. If you aren’t awake when this happens, as I wasn’t - often during the night - then the car simply downloads the update (if Wi-Fi available) and then goes back to sleep.

In these instances I think Tesla push the updates to the car, rather than relying on people to check for them themselves.

30814C6E-9239-4F1C-9766-D1A2AB7D977D.png

Last edited:
Does the app alert you of a new update being available even if the car is sleeping?

Yes, if app set up correctly for software update notification.

Whether this gets pushed whilst car is actually asleep, or whether car briefly wakes to determine if update is available is another question.

Buf if your car normally sleeps most of the time, you will receive the app notification (if setup to do so) even if your car is not on wifi.

Reactions: Nick77 and Adopado
Finally got the update by going into the car, but for the love of God why is the system so flaky?!!

Hotspot on the phone with full bars. It took 10 mins to start downloading and get up to a decent speed. Then half way through it just stops for no reason and sits at 0 kb/s.

It takes another 15 mins for it to restart even after toggling WiFi on and off. It's finally just restarted and finishing off.

Then it stopped again at 0 b/s with a full green bar as if it's fully downloaded, but again doing nothing. Another 5 mins of sitting doing nothing and it finishes.

I mean it's like a really unreliable able P2P torrent! It shouldn't be any more difficult than downloading an app update.

I guess this isn't noticeable for people that can get on their home WiFi but if you want to use a phone hotspot, even in full signal areas it's so damn flaky.

Finally got the update by going into the car, but for the love of God why is the system so flaky?!!

Hotspot on the phone with full bars. It took 10 mins to start downloading and get up to a decent speed. Then half way through it just stops for no reason and sits at 0 kb/s.

It takes another 15 mins for it to restart even after toggling WiFi on and off. It's finally just restarted and finishing off.

Then it stopped again at 0 b/s with a full green bar as if it's fully downloaded, but again doing nothing. Another 5 mins of sitting doing nothing and it finishes.

I mean it's like a really unreliable able P2P torrent! It shouldn't be any more difficult than downloading an app update.

I guess this isn't noticeable for people that can get on their home WiFi but if you want to use a phone hotspot, even in full signal areas it's so damn flaky.
I had that with 24.4. I have a 21 Mb/s wired AP in the garage. It may be server overload ;)

Reactions: Nick77 and D1939

I’m on a strong WiFi signal and it did the exact same thing, (stuck on 60%, 0kb/s for ages) thought I might have to reset the car but just left it and it final downloaded and installed.

anyone noticed a difference in the charging behaviour since the new update??
I charged this morning as I normally would and went out to the car after it finished , the charge port was unlocked and I was able to freely remove my cable, not sure if this is a random occurrence so will be testing more, just wondered if anyone else had this happen?

I tried a wireless extender but it was too unreliable forwarding the signal on.
I recently changed from powerline adaptors to a Google mesh system which has revolutionised coverage around our long and thick-walled farmhouse. However, even with a mesh router located next to the car in the garage, it still only shows three/four wi-fi bars on the car display. The car wi-fi aerial is located in the right hand mirror and I only managed to get the full five bars by resting the router on it! So, it's not a powerful antenna which won't help.

Reactions: Nick77
I recently changed from powerline adaptors to a Google mesh system which has revolutionised coverage around our long and thick-walled farmhouse. However, even with a mesh router located next to the car in the garage, it still only shows three/four wi-fi bars on the car display. The car wi-fi aerial is located in the right hand mirror and I only managed to get the full five bars by resting the router on it! So, it's not a powerful antenna which won't help.
AFAIK it's the passenger wing mirror for the wireless antenna.

Edit - Just realised you might have a LHD.

anyone noticed a difference in the charging behaviour since the new update??
I charged this morning as I normally would and went out to the car after it finished , the charge port was unlocked and I was able to freely remove my cable, not sure if this is a random occurrence so will be testing more, just wondered if anyone else had this happen?
I noticed this since 24.4. I thought I must have unlocked it without realising