Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove into a rainstorm yesterday and the wipers didn't budge. That is definitely not how they have operated in the past.
I’ve more or less given up on the “auto” operation of my wipers and resorted to manual operation using the button on the end of the LH stalk.
It’s disgraceful IMHO for Tesla to claim the M3 has auto headlight dip and auto wiper operation… no it doesn’t (most of the time)😡

Reactions: DrivenRay
Has anyone noticed that the battery doesn't pre-heat any more? I used to get the 3 red lines next to the battery when turning climate on in cold temperatures but not since this update and the 'cold weather improvements'. I've "pre-heated" by turning climate on for about 1 hour and re-gen is still limited to about 75/80%.

Anyone else noticed this?

Has anyone noticed that the battery doesn't pre-heat any more? I used to get the 3 red lines next to the battery when turning climate on in cold temperatures but not since this update and the 'cold weather improvements'. I've "pre-heated" by turning climate on for about 1 hour and re-gen is still limited to about 75/80%.

I’m on 40.6 and still had the battery warming icon yesterday when it was about 2 degrees and I was pre heating.

Yes. I had the cold battery symbol today so I initiated the climate for a precondition and warm up whilst still plugged in and there was no battery warming indicator. However, when I first got the car this was never indicated either. The UI of the app was updated to include it at some point in recent history ... but now it's gone again. Whether or not actual precondition heating of the battery is taking place without the indicator is anybody's guess.

Maybe it depends on whether you are plugged in?
I've tried plugged in and unplugged, doesn't seem to make a difference. I may try a 'reset' to see if it changes anything. Temps are due to drop again so I'll see if that also makes any difference.

It does seem like there is some pre-heating because the regen isn't limited as much as I've seen from a cold start.

Who knows though.

Reactions: Adopado
As an ex programmer I have to say, this has all the hallmarks of a less than disciplined software development process. As in, they have a bunch of graduates who hack the code about introducing new bugs with each release, and laying down technical debt in the form of spaghetti code.

Since the latest update, my M3LR 71 is recognising my phone key once inside the car but has lost the link to open the doors. Also, when I unlock the car from the app, all 4 windows are opening slightly.

Anyone experiencing the same or similar?
Windows are a cold weather feature! I believe.
is “walk away“ locking still set? You could try the scroll wheel/brake pedal reset

Since the latest update, my M3LR 71 is recognising my phone key once inside the car but has lost the link to open the doors. Also, when I unlock the car from the app, all 4 windows are opening slightly.

Windows are a cold weather feature! I believe.
is “walk away“ locking still set? You could try the scroll wheel/brake pedal reset
Yeah walk away locking is still working fine. Might try to reset my phone see if that clears it
if that fails, delete phone from the car and add it back in. I had to do that once.

I find that turning Bluetooth Off and On again (on your phone) solves this glitch. I suspect it has something to do with your phone never getting far enough way from the car when in the house (far enough away to lock, but not enough to sever the bluetooth possibility of a connection).

A few months ago (sorry I’m too lazy to find it) there was a debate on here under the pretext of m3 security discussing the various merits/disadvantages of using phone access/card access/ key fob access.
I’m not sure there was a conclusion to the debate & I’m not changing either my mind on security or the method I use for access.
I have to laugh sometimes when almost every week someone is having a problem accessing their car with their phone.
Never a days problem with the key fob.😀😀
I’ll stop gloating now.

Reactions: candida and M3noob
A few months ago (sorry I’m too lazy to find it) there was a debate on here under the pretext of m3 security discussing the various merits/disadvantages of using phone access/card access/ key fob access.
I’m not sure there was a conclusion to the debate & I’m not changing either my mind on security or the method I use for access.
I have to laugh sometimes when almost every week someone is having a problem accessing their car with their phone.
Never a days problem with the key fob.😀😀
I’ll stop gloating now.
Absolutely worth the price, I agree