Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue here. 2021.40.6 became available for my M3P overnight. Tried installing this morning and stuck on 100% both on app and car which shows downloading at 0B/s. 2 button reset makes no difference. It does look like it is installed however. Spoke to Tesla and they have said to report via app - hopefully it's just a case of remotely re-sending the update...
Well that was quick - had a text around an hour after reporting that a new firmware package had been sent to the car and all is now resolved.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
1 got 2 out of 6... which would be the same rate as guessing!

and listening to them, you have to really concentrate to hear any difference at all (which clearly I couldn't!)
It's fairly well known that most people can't distinguish 320kbps and lossless, which is what that site is designed for. It isn't really relevant in this case as we're comparing 320kbps and 96kbps, and that in a car which has its own issues (even with the EQ flat the car isn't remotely flat).

Interesting would be can you hear the difference between hifi in the car and whatever bitrate it uses over LTE (which is likely fairly low).. seems quite obvious to me but everyone's ears are different. Easy test is to switch wifi off listen to something you know well and then back on making sure hifi is shown.

I thought i didn't have waypoints but i navigated to a postcode and the + came up to add waypoints
It is just that the first time when I had all the updates but the battery display (miles/percentage) did not switch the +sign was next to the navigation input box. This time there is no +sign and when I put in a destination there wasno +sign. Anyhow as I said earlier I'll just wait for Tesla to push it again for everyone.

It is just that the first time when I had all the updates but the battery display (miles/percentage) did not switch the +sign was next to the navigation input box. This time there is no +sign and when I put in a destination there wasno +sign. Anyhow as I said earlier I'll just wait for Tesla to push it again for everyone.
Tesla just resent the firmware update again. Will see whether this works and update in the evening.

I’ve done a fair few miles today, mostly motorway and noticed tacc/ap has a real issue with larger vehicles or hgv’s, they jump all over the place on the preview, sometimes even showing on top of the car briefly.

Also had a few phantom brake events, mainly when changing lane and a lorry is in the next lane.

I’ve done a fair few miles today, mostly motorway and noticed tacc/ap has a real issue with larger vehicles or hgv’s, they jump all over the place on the preview, sometimes even showing on top of the car briefly.

Also had a few phantom brake events, mainly when changing lane and a lorry is in the next lane.
I think this is the key part, if you can avoid changing lane whilst there is a.lorry there you may be ok

The drifting trucks is a long standing issue and not specific to 2021.40.x. Unfortunately you can also see it in some of the FSD city streets beta videos although most were when it is in highways mode which for the time being is pretty much exactly what we have until we all converge on ‘single stack’ for both highways and city streets.

I should have put my comments above with a bit of contex. It was roughly 300 miles in total today on the M1 and M25 which aren’t great at the best of times. I used tacc mainly and for the most part it was very well behaved with a bit of ap thrown in when traffic allowed.

overall I’m very impressed with how tacc functions and now I know what provokes a PB it’s easily avoided.

Reactions: MrBadger
40.6 download stuck at 100% on my Q3 SR+

Soft reboot didn’t help but spoke to CS who said they’d reset it today at their end. They confirmed the software had downloaded ok and I can use the car in the meantime.

Anyone else think the wipers are (even) worse on 40.6? Did >200 miles yesterday and had to use manual control for virtually all of it
Same here.

Drove into Bristol on Tuesday, mid afternoon so not dark, rain was mostly drizzle but a mixture of intensity. Car was utterly useless at dealing with it most of the time, was happy for me to have to try and see through a haze of moisture. Ended up just sticking it on the lowest manual setting.

Tried auto headlights on the way back home, equally useless, simultaneously turning off on reflections and not turning off quickly enough at oncoming cars.

I don't do a lot of driving so fortunately not something that plays on my mind, but I was pretty disappointed by all of it, particularly compared to an Peugeot e-2008 that I've got on temporary hire which costs 50% of the price but does this basic stuff flawlessly.

I was in deepest darkest very wet Wales this past few days and at night the wipers refused to start automatically even after a reminder from the button. I had to select manual speed 2.
How does Tesla honestly think that the cameras can sense water on the glass just 20mm or less from a lense designed for distance at night?
Its worse on a frosty morning when the screen has defrosted for me but the camera defrost always seems to be slower and all you get is high speed wiping for the next ten minutes.

Headlights are unchanged and dazzle oncoming cars for a second or two and take three very long seconds after the cars have passed to go back on to main. Why so long?

on a frosty morning when the screen has defrosted for me but the camera defrost always seems to be slower and all you get is high speed wiping for the next ten minutes.
This happened to me this morning, they just wouldn't stop! I could see through the glass just fine. Rolling around in the parking lot with my wipers on full tilt, people must have thought I was mad.

Reactions: candida
I got a couple of instances of wipers wiping a dry screen for ages. Windscreen clear, but sun was low, but this time of year that is not uncommon. I think flickering of the sun through some trees set it off, but again, that's not uncommon. I recon they kept wiping for 30-60 seconds. I know others comment on this behaviour, but for me this is unusual and not to this extreme on a day when no rain at all. I'm not convinced its coincidental.

Had a couple of great runs on TACC and autosteer/NoA. I think deceleration in slow traffic might be smoother and picking up speed is a little more responsive, although could be quicker speeding back up. Deceleration was silky smooth whe car in front slowed. Used NoA in very slow traffic coming up to a lane closure. Auto lane changed worked flawlessly and pulled in nicely back into the adjacent queue with 2 or 3 cars gap. Something I learned today is that motorway gantry speed cameras also take pictures of cars in 'x' closed lanes, so if you were the white Model 3 who didn't bother to merge into the second lane, you may find a ticket on the way to you as the camera got 3 vehicles passing under the closed lane gantry next to us. A FedEx van driver will probably have some explaining to do to his boss too.

I also had a play with route planning stops. Not a total disaster, even though it is very limited. I planed a round trip, putting current location 'home' as the destination then adding the read destination. It gave an arrival battery % for the whole journey which is useful. When I added a supercharger as an intermediate stop, I think it tried to tell me 0 minutes stopping time, but may be mistaken what the '0' actually meant. Trip was too short to need any topup and I would expect that if it did it would automatically add the supercharge as it does now. Each leg was treated as a new route so when completing, you have to 'continue route'. Hopefully it will get some more love at some point - I would really like the ability to add an arrival battery distance/%, alternate route, and adding stops mid journey. Plus ability to edit a plan once entered. Need to check if multi stop trips are now handled if 'send(ing) to Tesla' from a third party such as ABRP. But a useful, if very limited start.