Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C9E2098E-8632-4D7D-8AF3-A6F1556987EF.jpeg

I’m getting the “bacon strips” icon, but only when preheating the car WITHOUT it being plugged in? And it’s 4deg outside.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloggie and Adopado
Although working on the same naming format as the non British varient, shouldn’t the bonnet be called a Froot? (Front boot) - I personally like that it says bonnet, but just saying.
Imagine the response from British audience if Tesla calls it a Froot...I can see two page editorial from Guardian to Daily mail and all sorts of trolls. I think Tesla and Elon played it sensibly (first time) and proving that they are here for the long game. Watch out Germans!

Reactions: diddy84
The bonnet is thing that you lift to get at the froot/frunk/whetever.. but then in that context the rear button should say 'back door'.
They call it 'hood' in N America in ICE cars but Elon still named it as Frunk - whether he meant that as a replacement for the term hood or the one that is under it. Only they know! We all know the word Trunk meant the space inside and so as a variant Frunk means the space inside the hood but when it came to Britain they knew we will be overreacting (rightly so) so did not change how we use it in ICE cars, so Boot and bonnet remains. Just that in Tesla one means the space inside and the other is the metal lid that is covering froot/frunk or whatever

Last edited:
As it stands now "bonnet" and "boot" are actually correct, in terms of onscreen controls to open them. I guess "trunk" also works as a word for describing both the lid and the storage space within, i.e. "open the trunk" and "open the boot", as well as "I'm going to put something in the boot", etc.

As said above Stateside they have had "frunk" for decades. I presume we would have called the storage area the "front boot". I'm fine with calling it "front boot" to be honest, as "froot" sounds like one of those kiddy yogurts you can buy.