Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was delivered on a trailer. Very polite guy said it was his sixth one today. Delivery text sent as it departed Bluewater, you have to refresh the map, I was able to wave him down, as our house isn't where the postcode sends you, by following his progress.

I think all the glass needs a good clean, can't really tell.

It was dark so had a quick torchlight check over. Took daughter out for a thrash, all good.

Awaiting the app livening up. Chuffed to bits so far.

Hypervolt still not behaving but is charging, they are sending someone out.
bf88b269-a9fc-458a-b495-e254a50094f5.jpg

Got mine ordered and due at Bluewater in Feb 22. Was there any difference from your estimated delivery date?
I collected mine about 3 weeks after the date I thought it would be ready. Don't place a lot of reliance in your perceived position in the collection queue, the assignment of cars is much more random than that. If it says Feb, then it will either be between mid Feb and mid March.

Reactions: Staypuffman
Collected yesterday in Dublin, had my first cold weather drive there this morning and for a good 15/20mins I was getting errors telling me that the left pillar camera was blocked and I should clean it.

Eventually went away once it hit the sun for an extended period but has anyone had this issue?

I jumped out of the car to clean and it was completely internal so nothing I could do. Is this to be expected or should I raise a service?

Attachments

• 20211214_121250.jpg
    20211214_121250.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20211214_121608.jpg
    20211214_121608.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 58
Collected yesterday in Dublin, had my first cold weather drive there this morning and for a good 15/20mins I was getting errors telling me that the left pillar camera was blocked and I should clean it.

Eventually went away once it hit the sun for an extended period but has anyone had this issue?

I jumped out of the car to clean and it was completely internal so nothing I could do. Is this to be expected or should I raise a service?
I am getting this issue a lot, but only at night.

Reactions: Bandito

I had this and it cleared up while driving, it’s seems to be trapped condensation from storage / shipping. No issues now, all seems to be clear.

Reactions: Bandito
I think the camera blocked/blinded warning is just there to notify you that X camera can't currently see - not that it's specifically blocked or hindered.
I've used Autopilot a lot even while I had that warning - happens at night when the left/right camera can only see black, or if the sun is shining directly into the pillar cameras.

Autopilot will not enable if it doesn't have enough visibility to drive, which has only happened once for me when driving directly into the low sun.

Long time listener, 1st time caller here ;-)

I collected my car late this morning from Bristol Cribbs Causeway and it is one of those delivered without the two USB-C ports and wireless phone charging in the front of the vehicle. I'll be scheduling a service appointment to have it retrofitted once the parts become available (I only received the Tesla Update text message 1 day before collection stating my car may be impacted).

There was a bit of rain on the paintwork and it was drizzling so I was not 100% certain it was perfect, I spotted a very minor mark on the front bumper that I pointed out to the Tesla staff. I think a good wash and polish will sort it out, but the Tesla staff said I should Request Service via the app online to fix the paint if that is not the case.

I ordered the car on 1st September using a referral code before Tesla suspended the scheme on 18th September 2021, so I was happy to see that my 1,000 Free Supercharging Miles were added to my account this afternoon. I also received an email from Tesla for the Premium Connectivity 1 Year Trial after a couple of hours.

The car had roughly 40% charge when I collected it, I drove it around to the Supercharger for a top up whilst I grabbed lunch and a drink and it was up to 97% in roughly 30 minutes by the time I got back.

Performance is as good as I remembered from the test drive 3 months ago :)

tempImageWeH2OE.jpg

tempImageeGI7WW.jpg

tempImageK3XNQA.jpg

Previous car: BMW M140i
Current Car: Tesla Model 3 LR AWD (2021MY), Deep Blue Metallic / Black interior / 18" wheels
Ordered: 1st Sep 2021 | VIN Allocated: 9th Nov | Scheduled for delivery: 15th Nov | VIN / registration plate confirmed: 27th Nov | Collection Date: 14th Dec 2021.

Collecting my M3LR from Trafford Centre this Sat PM, are the SC near the site operational yet? Got to drive to Birmingham straight after collection and easiest option is to charge there if SoC low?
Not showing as available yet unfortunately.

Burtonwood is your best option instead, just past the junction for the M6 so more or less on route. The services at Burtonwod are just off the motorway so no problem doubling back towards M6 south.

Reactions: jonpho