Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 arrived today. Mega impressed, text last night with a 4 hour window then a text when the driver set off with real time tracking.

Couldn’t find any faults with the panel gaps or on the car generally. Looks amazing! The interior whilst great was dirty, dirty water marks on the drivers and passenger seats but cleaned up easy enough. Haven’t been far today, been hectic, but regen breaking takes some getting used to and it flys when you floor it! View attachment 731495
Got your windows tinted already??

What kind of mileage is on your cars at collection? I ask because looking at my final invoice, car to be collected 4/12 in Glasgow it says 30 miles on mine. Is that unusually high? If so why would it already have 30 miles on the car, has there been issues at final test? What do we reckon?

Of course I am assuming that the odometer reading matches the final invoice figure. Won’t know until collection day.

Last edited:
What kind of mileage is on your cars at collection? I ask because looking at my final invoice, car to be collected 4/12 in Glasgow it says 30 miles on mine. Is that unusually high? If so why would it already have 30 miles on the car, has there been issues at final test? What do we reckon?

Reactions: Katic1972

Of course I am assuming that the odometer reading matches the final invoice figure. Won’t know until collection day.
Mine had 30 on the final invoice as well but 22 at collection

Reactions: Katic1972
Mine had 30 on the final invoice as well but 22 at collection
Yep, reading the other thread as initial response to my post those kind of miles are normal. Think the most miles I’ve had on a new car is maybe 8. No worries it seems it’s fairly standard and the probably put a rough odometer figure on the invoice to allow for movements from factory to shipping locations etc.

Due delivery today... yesterday text said delivery 9am-1pm. Have asked for tracking text to be told that goes live once courier collects. I am doubting its going to be delivered in next 30 mins, as still not text.
Query - its a lease car - if i find anything not right, or scratches etc on delivery - who do I tell? Tesla or lease company?

Collected my LR this afternoon from Southampton Western Docks, walked from the railway station - the security guards at the gate were slightly bemused saying "it's a long way!" (it's about 20 min walk from the station)

No-one else there when I picked the car up and were only a couple of cars left being prepared for pick up. Checked in, walked over to the car with the keys, checked it over - only one minor indentation in the seat fabric on the rear seat from what looks like a depression caused in transit - signed and then off on the way. Had 86% SoC on collection. Nice and easy and what a fun drive home down the M27 and A31... going to take a while to get used to one pedal. :D The system had fully calibrated for TACC and Autopilot by the time I reached J1 of the M27.

Collected my LR this afternoon from Southampton Western Docks, walked from the railway station - the security guards at the gate were slightly bemused saying "it's a long way!" (it's about 20 min walk from the station)

No-one else there when I picked the car up and were only a couple of cars left being prepared for pick up. Checked in, walked over to the car with the keys, checked it over - only one minor indentation in the seat fabric on the rear seat from what looks like a depression caused in transit - signed and then off on the way. Had 86% SoC on collection. Nice and easy and what a fun drive home down the M27 and A31... going to take a while to get used to one pedal. :D The system had fully calibrated for TACC and Autopilot by the time I reached J1 of the M27.
Nice to know, I am picking my car up from there on the 26th. That means the boat bring in my car has not arrived yet. 👍