Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FB2FC062-657E-454E-BF42-6341FD0C1293.jpeg

All collected from Bristol today and super easy (almost too simple - went in showed drivers license, signed and then straight to the car and left to our own devices after 5 mins)! Car looks great and panel gaps, paint etc all seem good (consistent with others there is a bit unpainted on the sill behind front wheels but expect probably all like that), performance in the SR+ is definitely more than enough (feels much faster in the real world than my VW Mk7 Golf R) and was kindly given 98% charge so more than enough for the 70 mile journey home. Been an exciting day and kids have loved the games (and fart mode!!) too. Only slight issue we have is is some condensation in the tail lights, was told to leave it a week to see if they clear and if not contact service. Looking around most of the cars there seemed to have the same issue though. No rear heated seats or wheel but told a firmware update will sort. Very pleased, hope goes well for everyone else!

View attachment 737285
All collected from Bristol today and super easy (almost too simple - went in showed drivers license, signed and then straight to the car and left to our own devices after 5 mins)! Car looks great and panel gaps, paint etc all seem good (consistent with others there is a bit unpainted on the sill behind front wheels but expect probably all like that), performance in the SR+ is definitely more than enough (feels much faster in the real world than my VW Mk7 Golf R) and was kindly given 98% charge so more than enough for the 70 mile journey home. Been an exciting day and kids have loved the games (and fart mode!!) too. Only slight issue we have is is some condensation in the tail lights, was told to leave it a week to see if they clear and if not contact service. Looking around most of the cars there seemed to have the same issue though. No rear heated seats or wheel but told a firmware update will sort. Very pleased, hope goes well for everyone else!
Great to hear! Poor form on the rear lights, and also very poor advice. If water is in the light, yes it might clear but it means.... guess what, water can get in the lights and so its not sealed. No reason for water to be in the lights, I MAY accept that if the car was flown over than cargo pressure in a plane could cause this however it arrived on boat. Personally, I'd book that in for a service now rather than waiting - its easily fixed, generally with new rear lights.

BF631A8A-81D5-4623-8A73-1A8D1D6A6E25.jpeg
Great to hear! Poor form on the rear lights, and also very poor advice. If water is in the light, yes it might clear but it means.... guess what, water can get in the lights and so its not sealed. No reason for water to be in the lights, I MAY accept that if the car was flown over than cargo pressure in a plane could cause this however it arrived on boat. Personally, I'd book that in for a service now rather than waiting - its easily fixed, generally with new rear lights.
01B01599-6233-4A50-9C7A-11D5129CD13D.jpeg

Yeah a bit disappointed in the condensation but took some pictures and will maybe just log on the app anyways to see what they say. As I say the 3 or 4 other cars I looked round all had it to some extent but our right light was probably the worst of the few I looked at. View from the advisor was “it was in spec”

Reactions: Abcmsaj
This is very common on the model 3. They’re not sealed.

Loads about it in this forum. Basically, if it’s just condensation, and not actually full on water filling up, it’s “within spec” with Tesla warranty. It’s become a bit of an “in joke”. Within spec

Loads about it in this forum. Basically, if it’s just condensation, and not actually full on water filling up, it’s “within spec” with Tesla warranty. It’s become a bit of an “in joke”. Within spec
Yeah when I asked what in spec meant it was basically less than 50% covered with condensation! So mine have a way to go to “drift out of tolerance!”

Im aware its common, but I'm also aware of so many people that have booked in a service and had it fixed, and its pretty similar to Pablos. So I dont buy this in spec BS. My foot will be in the CS specs.

No light will hold tonnes of water, so its unlikely to ever get to that stage. Alternatively, I'd take it apart, fill it with water, seal it and book a service.

• Funny
Reactions: Algy and stiopa
View attachment 737285
Congrats on the new car, it looks great.

However, I can see the missing paint on this picture without zooming in, so it’s definitely an issue. Tesla need to sort that out for all owners IMHO.

Im aware its common, but I'm also aware of so many people that have booked in a service and had it fixed, and its pretty similar to Pablos. So I dont buy this in spec BS. My foot will be in the CS specs.

No light will hold tonnes of water, so its unlikely to ever get to that stage. Alternatively, I'd take it apart, fill it with water, seal it and book a service.
I do not disagree with you. At over £40k, I’d want mine to be condensation free. Of course mine is a company car, so I haven’t spent any money, so doesn’t bother me.

I very much look forward to reading your updates of the war you may start with Tesla CS if/when you find any similar issues with your car. 👍😊

Reactions: Shakb
I do not disagree with you. At over £40k, I’d want mine to be condensation free. Of course mine is a company car, so I haven’t spent any money, so doesn’t bother me.

I very much look forward to reading your updates of the war you may start with Tesla CS if/when you find any similar issues with your car. 👍😊
I'll rain down Thunder my friend! Will be a hell of a storm. I'm such a stubborn git that I'll hand the car back and will get a bus for the rest of my days.

• Funny
Reactions: Simonix