Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Simonix here's the zoomed out view.

Attachments

• IMG_7987.jpg
    IMG_7987.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 65
I picked up my SR+ on Saturday at Southampton!

Driven over 380 miles since then, it's such fun to drive! The one pedal driving is a real game changer, feels so smooth!
I've used TACC or Autopilot for over 50% of the driving so far, worked flawlessly - even on single carriageways. (One minor 3mph slowdown when it was slightly confused as I went past a junction, but barely worth mentioning). Also worked flawlessly on the motorway at night in pretty wet and rainy conditions.

Also super happy with the sound system on the SR+; I put the bass up on the equalizer and I probably wouldn't be able to tell there's no dedicated sub unless I knew. Really crisp and clear sound, I'm pretty sure I heard some new instruments that I hadn't heard before in some songs.

No issues with the paintwork at all, no panel gaps, pretty flawless. (No paint missing from the sill near the wheel)

I brought my private plate certificate with to the pickup and asked if they could print plates for those too and they said yes which was pretty sweet!

The headlights and high beams are amazing too, no issues with visibility at all. (Getting used to the auto high beams, probably going to have to monitor them a little since they usually go off slightly after I would've switched them off myself. But overall still really pleased.)

I also had the issue of it not charging at the Winchester supercharger but it worked after I re-added my billing address and plugged it in again after a few minutes.

Also happy that the SR+ is no slouch even though it's the "slowest" in the family. I wasn't able to ever test drive any Tesla myself so the first time driving it was from pickup! From my passenger's point of view it's probably for the better that the acceleration isn't faster - it's too fun. 😂
IMG_2544.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2539.jpeg
    IMG_2539.jpeg
    591.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2540.jpeg
    IMG_2540.jpeg
    578.8 KB · Views: 38
Talking of app changes. Does the app change again in the few days or day of delivery? Mines been the same (other than Bluetooth request and delivery date under the car)
Mine changed at collection after I had electronically signed for it. In about 2 mins and after restarting the app, the car appeared and I had control via the app. I didn’t leave collection until I was confident it working; but didn’t notice the address issue!

Reactions: Oxstock
Mine changed at collection after I had electronically signed for it. In about 2 mins and after restarting the app, the car appeared and I had control via the app. I didn’t leave collection until I was confident it working; but didn’t notice the address issue!
Thank you

Ok another question, can you match a profile to a key. So E.g if I have my phone as a key, does it recognise me as the profile. Same for my wife, will her profile appear when she uses her mobile to access the car.

Thank you

Ok another question, can you match a profile to a key. So E.g if I have my phone as a key, does it recognise me as the profile. Same for my wife, will her profile appear when she uses her mobile to access the car.
Yep, you can name keys and apply different profiles to them!
(Works for phone keys, keycards, and fobs)

About the USB/Wireless charger questions:
I collected on Saturday I have the wireless chargers and all 4 USB C ports.