Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t need wifi! i just checked and they’re there!!!
Yeah I’m not sure where the myth came from that a software update is needed which can only be downloaded over wifi. Heated steering wheel and rear seats have been a capability in the software for a long time given it is standard specification on other grades so no OS upgrade is required.

All that is needed is a software unlock from Tesla on the backend systems and when the car does its periodic call home over 4G it will pick up the new settings. It just seems that Tesla only locked the feature once the car has been 'delivered' and in batches so you can wait anywhere from 2 hours to 2 weeks for the functionality.

Reactions: ChorleyTesl4
Mobile service came out yesterday to fix my dodgy wireless charger and squeaky window.

When I went to demo the charger, it worked immediately and flawlessly - it's absolutely typical to be honest. An hour after he left, I tried it again and it was back to being broken. Even worse when driving. So I'll raise another service in a few weeks in the hopes someone can look at it.

Squeaky window, he adjusted the door and said it was something to do with the windows being thicker now theyre double glazed. However, they still squeak when the driver and passenger's side get to the bottom... Wasn't sure if that was the norm, or the rain, but still annoying that it wasnt fixed!

Mobile service came out yesterday to fix my dodgy wireless charger and squeaky window.

When I went to demo the charger, it worked immediately and flawlessly - it's absolutely typical to be honest. An hour after he left, I tried it again and it was back to being broken. Even worse when driving. So I'll raise another service in a few weeks in the hopes someone can look at it.

Squeaky window, he adjusted the door and said it was something to do with the windows being thicker now theyre double glazed. However, they still squeak when the driver and passenger's side get to the bottom... Wasn't sure if that was the norm, or the rain, but still annoying that it wasnt fixed!
Silicone spray as Ox mentioned earlier works.

Reactions: Abcmsaj
I have a feeling we do not have enough photos flying around. I just picked up my new car from Southampton. No problems from my check and straight off to the detailer.

Amazing to drive btw!

Team red meet Starship
8D5772E0-F1C6-470C-89B3-892330B55384.jpeg

Hey I picked up my SR+ yesterday from Manchester Trafford centre. Very easy and smooth and the car has nothing wrong as far as I could tell (rain and darkness hindered my checking a little). I was due at 4.30 but didn’t get there until after 5 but this didn’t seem to be an issue.

I got 2 text messages last week about the potential missing wireless charger and ports but they are included on mine which is great.

The car is amazing, such a pleasure to drive even struck in the motorway between Manchester and Leeds in rush hour!

I Have seen a lot of people talking about the rear seats and wheel activation and am really hoping it will activate on mine. However I have seen that I can purchase the upgrade through the app so does that suggest I won’t get it? Software is all up to date (2021.40.6) as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance

Hey I picked up my SR+ yesterday from Manchester Trafford centre. Very easy and smooth and the car has nothing wrong as far as I could tell (rain and darkness hindered my checking a little). I was due at 4.30 but didn’t get there until after 5 but this didn’t seem to be an issue.

I got 2 text messages last week about the potential missing wireless charger and ports but they are included on mine which is great.

The car is amazing, such a pleasure to drive even struck in the motorway between Manchester and Leeds in rush hour!

I Have seen a lot of people talking about the rear seats and wheel activation and am really hoping it will activate on mine. However I have seen that I can purchase the upgrade through the app so does that suggest I won’t get it? Software is all up to date (2021.40.6) as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance
Don’t do anything just yet, try and leave it a week and see if they appear. I took delivery on the 7/12 and mine appeared today.

Reactions: robbo100
However I have seen that I can purchase the upgrade through the app so does that suggest I won’t get it? Software is all up to date (2021.40.6) as far as I can tell.
No it doesn't suggest you won't get it as others have had the option to purchase and then had it automatically activated. Certainly wait a couple of weeks before purchasing.

Software version isn't relevant, Tesla just need to activate it on their backend system.

Picked up the M3 RWD today at Thorpe Park. Was busting for a leek when we arrived, weird toilets in the back of the collection admin tent, surrounded by the staff all having their lunch which was all a bit strange. Anywho…

‘Paperwork’ took seconds, literally signed an iPad and the CSA told me to open my app and the car was instantly there. Few pleasantries and I went on my merry way to the car.

They obviously fill the collection tent with the AM collections and park the PM’s alongside. So mine was outside and the tent pretty empty.

Really pleased with the car, only issue is that Stevie Wonder fitted the rear plate, it’s badly aligned, but I’m not fussed as I’ll be whipping all that junk off to put my cherished plate on when the V5 comes through.

Really pleased that I went with the white interior, it’s so light and airy - and the white trim looks so much better than the wood IMO.

Build quality is really very good. Nice materials, nice finishes, dare I say better than modern VAG equivalents, no scratchy plastics at the upper level at all, nice stitched door cards, alcantara, it’s all very nice. Thoroughly impressed to be honest.

Great to drive, had 40% battery, latest software, and heated rear seats and steering wheel already activated, USB’s and wireless charging present and accounted for.

Only downside was South Mimms super chargers were full on arrival, but didn’t have to wait long to get a stall, as I had entered it as a waypoint it preheated the battery and charged at 130kW initially.

In all - really pleased. She’s currently ramping up my leccy bill ready to be joy driven around tomorrow!

Attachments

• 172D6CBE-5B3E-4E59-816A-C8BE4CE7CA90.jpeg
    172D6CBE-5B3E-4E59-816A-C8BE4CE7CA90.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 47
  • D1186105-812F-4AA2-BAD7-6B5A692E9870.jpeg
    D1186105-812F-4AA2-BAD7-6B5A692E9870.jpeg
    712.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 05AB3E0F-3C28-4AA0-9016-61573C2CD2B0.jpeg
    05AB3E0F-3C28-4AA0-9016-61573C2CD2B0.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 9E39645C-18FF-47E7-B3BB-33CCE314017A.jpeg
    9E39645C-18FF-47E7-B3BB-33CCE314017A.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 50
  • C02AEF6F-6B79-47C8-993C-02A5174A733D.jpeg
    C02AEF6F-6B79-47C8-993C-02A5174A733D.jpeg
    583.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 8A4BA510-4E57-4D83-9C4A-640DA8CFD583.jpeg
    8A4BA510-4E57-4D83-9C4A-640DA8CFD583.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 3D8F063F-FC55-412A-94CB-60F1F2CCC54E.jpeg
    3D8F063F-FC55-412A-94CB-60F1F2CCC54E.jpeg
    544.8 KB · Views: 59
  • E45B2A22-01DF-4957-9269-6C92BB40965D.jpeg
    E45B2A22-01DF-4957-9269-6C92BB40965D.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I collected on the 26th of Nov, and called Tesla yesterday. They said that we will get an update within about 2-4 weeks to get the rear heated seats and heated steering wheel.

Collected Model 3 SR at Bristol and it was all very smooth. Latest software installed and the rear heated seats and heated steering wheel were active straight away. Towbar, USB ports, and wireless charging were all present.

Very smooth experience. Now, to try to figure out if I have the 60kWh unicorn pack or not.