Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my Model 3 Long Range midday today. Been working all day so haven't had chance to post!

Arrived on a back of a truck, the delivery guy reversed into my drive. I did a quick check, and he handed over my two key cards and left.

My front wireless charging and USB ports are missing sadly :( also the driver left a big footprint on the carpet! No panel gaps from what I and some friends could see. Did a test charge at Tescos and that worked after a little faff of not knowing what to do!

Other than that it's bloody amazing. I have to do my final sign off for delivery tomorrow for which I will mention some bits after inspecting properly tomorrow.

1639437037266.png

1639437069864.png

1639437088497.png

Tesla have a lot of positives in tech focus and building their name and being first mover. Savy Business planning and don't be fooled on how close Mr. Musk came to the wire as a start up.
The energy crisis in UK also has helped as well as brexit (cars built in Europe are more expensive). Added to that the chip crisis which again Tesla did very well to insulate themselves from.

In regards high end and luxury its a lot easier to do this in EVs compared to ICE less moving parts and more and more startups. Take lucid for example now that's high end. As chip crisis eases traditional OEM's will catch up also. Add Chinese car makers to this now and the next few years will be interesting. Mr. Musk isn't selling his shares for the fun of it. One more thing when Tesla open up their chargers to other non Tesla cars (started already) that's one massive Tesla selling point removed. Hyundai have great tech and many differentiators (V2L and V2G).
I was on the fence between m3 and ioniq5 last august what swayed it initially was Tesla's quicker delivery which in my case didn't happen.
I understand your disappointed so would say you're right in your decision as it's one that makes you feel you've made the right choice, if you know what I mean 😅...as such, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Ionic 5 when it arrives...but, while the Tesla M3 still pips all contender's I'll ride the wave until they've come up with a knockout and finally caught up!

Last edited:
Reactions: stiopa
Having got all excited when my agreement arrived with a registration number on it last week, I called CS to chase delivery only to discover that I still haven't been assigned a car. Most likely to arrive Jan or Feb now. He said they were expecting a significant wave of cars in January for the first time.

Christmas is coming late for me by the sound of it :(
Sorry that's a lie, all q4 shipments are complete so don't know where their Jan cars are coming from. Next shipments will be starting in Feb check with Mr M thread

I understand your disappointed so would say you're right in your decision as it's one that makes you feel you've made the right choice, if you know what I mean 😅...as such, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Ionic 5 when it arrives...but, while the Tesla still pips all contender's I'll ride the wave until they've caught up!
Just a bit of additional background I did my masters in quality in customer service and customer segmentation. Also Worked in SW and with an automotive supplier for close to 10 year so I know the market and also worked as a supplier to Hyundai so know their standards. Tesla beta approach is interesting takes it beyond the agile approach. I think the market is starting to turn to this but this is a business direction which is business case driven. Another reason why regulators aren't Tesla fans.

You poked the bear and now get the boring stuff. If they just said sorry we f*"*#ed up heres your deposit back I'd sail into the sunset on my boaty Ioniq5 but no they couldn't even do that.

Last edited:
Took delivery of my Model 3 Long Range midday today. Been working all day so haven't had chance to post!

Arrived on a back of a truck, the delivery guy reversed into my drive. I did a quick check, and he handed over my two key cards and left.

My front wireless charging and USB ports are missing sadly :( also the driver left a big footprint on the carpet! No panel gaps from what I and some friends could see. Did a test charge at Tescos and that worked after a little faff of not knowing what to do!

Other than that it's bloody amazing. I have to do my final sign off for delivery tomorrow for which I will mention some bits after inspecting properly tomorrow.

View attachment 743999
View attachment 744000
View attachment 744001
while you're checking tomorrow could you see if you've got your teslacam USB stick in the glovebox...think it's something that Tesla could forget to put in!

Picked mine up on Saturday.

I don't know how you guys find the M3, but personally I think it's phenomenal. I was expecting great things but its surpassed expectations.

The driving is just so smooth, so fast, so quiet. So easy.

A question re: heated steering wheel and seats - mine has come up as an upgrade costing circa £300 via the App.

Is this what others are referring to when they say the heated steering wheel appeared, or did it just suddenly come without purchasing the upgrade?

Just a bit of additional background I did my masters in quality in customer service and customer segmentation. Also Worked in SW and with an automotive supplier for close to 10 year so I know the market and also worked as a supplier to Hyundai so know their standards. Tesla beta approach is interesting takes it beyond the agile approach. I think the market is starting to turn to this but this is a business direction which is business case driven. Another reason why regulators aren't Tesla fans.

You poked the bear and now get the boring stuff. If they just said sorry we f*"*#ed heres your deposit back I'd sail into the sunset on my boaty Ioniq5 but no they couldn't even do that.
I definitely agree with you there, some CS outcomes are baffling...couldn't see why 100 quid couldn't be refunded if their fault, that's nothing in the grand scheme of things...

I got a refund on my refreshed Model X order after I forgot to do the referral code...I placed another order with code then they cancelled my previous order and refunded the £100 deposit, could be different as didn't technically cancel...but, as with a lot of things at Tesla including car specs, panel gaps etc, you roll the dice and you take your chance! a different CS person could have meant a different outcome!

I also had a right rant a few post's back when they cancelled my M3 order a day before collection on 1 Dec of which I did mention Tesla are getting too big for their boots, and it's something becoming more noticeable by more people! but, again Tesla redeemed themselves...got a nice surprise as they booked a Model S courtesy car to take the family to Thorpe Park collection center this Saturday...seems so far my dice has been rolling a few sixes with them...long may that last!

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you there, some CS outcomes are baffling...couldn't see why 100 quid couldn't be refunded if their fault, that's nothing in the grand scheme of things...

I got a refund on my refreshed Model X order after I forgot to do the referral code...I placed another order with code then they cancelled my previous order and refunded the £100 deposit, could be different as didn't technically cancel...but, as with a lot of things at Tesla including car specs, panel gaps etc, you roll the dice and you take your chance! a different CS person could have meant a different outcome!

I also had a right rant a few post's back when they cancelled my M3 order a day before collection on 1 Dec of which I did mention Tesla are getting too big for their boots, and it's something becoming more noticeable by more people! but, again Tesla redeemed themselves...got a nice surprise as they booked a Model S courtesy car to take the family to Thorpe Park collection center this Saturday...seems so far my dice has been rolling a few sixes with them...long may that last!
Normally throwing a 7 is good in dice games... But throwing a 7 month wait in Cars is not! What you describe there in "rolling dice" is not what I'd class as a premium cars premium experience.

Normally throwing a 7 is good in dice games... But throwing a 7 month wait in Cars is not! What you describe there in "rolling dice" is not what I'd class as a premium cars premium experience.

I've been in the Audi and Mercedes eco system and all give some sort of crap experience along the way...have you seen the waiting times for Audi Merc BMW EVs? some crazy wait times there also!...as I believe you'll be remaining on TMC (not sure if there's a Hyundai forum, so a lot more to discuss on here) it'll be great to hear your delivery experience in January to see how far behind Tesla are in the grand scheme of things!

View attachment 743999
View attachment 744000
View attachment 744001
Sorry to hear about your missing items, hopefully not too much time to wait.
Only used the wireless charging twice and nearly forgot my phone when getting out.

I understand your disappointed so would say you're right in your decision as it's one that makes you feel you've made the right choice, if you know what I mean 😅...as such, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Ionic 5 when it arrives...but, while the Tesla M3 still pips all contender's I'll ride the wave until they've come up with a knockout and finally caught up!
Tesla have one big plus point over the rest, the supercharger network. So even buying the entry model isn't a bad choice.

Reactions: mjmherts
I've been in the Audi and Mercedes eco system and all give some sort of crap experience along the way...have you seen the waiting times for Audi Merc BMW EVs? some crazy wait times there also!...as I believe you'll be remaining on TMC (not sure if there's a Hyundai forum, so a lot more to discuss on here) it'll be great to hear your delivery experience in January to see how far behind Tesla are in the grand scheme of things!
Yes I have and I was waiting 4 months for a VW ID4 as bad as that was it was nothing like this BS and I got my full deposit back.

Give us an idea of the crap because I've also been a premium ICE customer and not see that level of lack of respect for a customer. You just a number for Tesla (a RN or VIN number).

In August when I enquired about a Tesla and Hyundai I was told by Tesla I'd definitely have it in November Hyundai told me January but could be March.

There is Hyundai forums and discussions on spec but nothing like that terrible discussions here fre not knowing did you miss the whole battery VIN discussion?

Your getting a car but please stop dressing it up as a wonderful experience you've rose tinted glasses on. Tesla have a long ways to go there.

Reactions: John_IE

View attachment 743999
View attachment 744000
View attachment 744001
What problems do you encounter with the charging ? Us ev virgins have a lot to learn :oops: