Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Refresh RHD Model 3 Accessories [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've spent too much on accessories, from Amazon and Abstract Ocean.

Amazon:
  • Wheel centre cap and bolt caps (for removing Aero covers). All black.
  • Centre Console storage tray.
  • Cup holder insert.
  • USB SD/MicroSD card reader with type C and A connectors on opposite ends - For Dashcam/Sentry. Can be plugged straight into my phone via the C end to view video on my phone.
  • 128GB Endurance MicroSD.
  • USB-C 128GB memory stick for music.
  • USB-C to USB-A adapter for plugging in Xbox pad for games.
  • 1m USB-C to Micro USB for passengers with older Android phone connector.
  • 1m USB-C to Lightning for passengers with Apple phones.
  • Boot hook/bag hanger.
Abstract Ocean:
  • Tempered glass matte screen protector.
  • Ultra-Bright White LED glovebox (1) and boot lights (2)
  • Ultra-bright Blue LED front footwell lights (2)
  • Steering wheel wrap kit - Matrix black
  • Vinyl door handle trims/covers - Carbon fibre

Frustratingly the AO order still hasn't arrived 10 days after ordering and is still showing in New York waiting to be shipped to me. Annoying when they charged me £13 for first class USPS International Shipping. It even took AO 7 days just to process and get the order out to the carrier! Not impressed with them but the products look good.

Last edited:
I was looking for a decent organiser for the big well in the boot under the floor, but weirdly no-one does any, only ones for the frunk which are stupidly expensive for what they are and such a small space. Talking £75!

Frustratingly the AO order still hasn't arrived 10 days after ordering and is still showing in New York waiting to be shipped to me. Annoying when they charged me £13 for first class USPS International Shipping. It even took AO 7 days just to process and get the order out to the carrier! Not impressed with them but the products look good.

At that price, sounds like it may be the hybrid service. It goes USPS to an international hub after which it goes international courier. I've done a couple of AO orders, the first used the full DHL option, delivered within 4 days but at a significant cost. The second used the much cheaper hybrid service as I was in no hurry, but that gave me a good few weeks of entertainment tracking my package across various worldwide hubs. I've just bought something from US on eBay and that looks like its going to be a similar experience.

Reactions: Nick77
At that price, sounds like it may be the hybrid service. It goes USPS to an international hub after which it goes international courier. I've done a couple of AO orders, the first used the full DHL option, delivered within 4 days but at a significant cost. The second used the much cheaper hybrid service as I was in no hurry, but that gave me a good few weeks of entertainment tracking my package across various worldwide hubs. I've just bought something from US on eBay and that looks like its going to be a similar experience.
Cheers. For £13 I'd expect the full DHL option really. I guess 5 items with all the bulbs is considered a large-ish order though.

Heads up for those interested, centre console storage bins/trays for the refresh model are now available from the Tesla shop!

Interesting that a number of the items in the store now refer to being for "Model 3/Y", whereas before they just mentioned the Model 3.

Maybe the Model Y will be making its way over to the UK in the near future after all... o_O

Cheers. For £13 I'd expect the full DHL option really. I guess 5 items with all the bulbs is considered a large-ish order though.

Our full expediated DHL option was north of £30 iirc plus additional import costs that we had to pay prior to delivery - the import processing charge was included in the original DHL price, so the import charge was only the VAT amount - Royal Mail etc often charge £8-£12 or so handling charge alone. I guess that was a large part of the £30 or so cost. The other expediated option was even more costly. Our order was probably a bit heavier than your order (jack pucks) but size was largely dictated by the screen protector.

I just paid £12 for similar option from an ebay seller for an engine service manual that looks to be a few dozen A5 or A4 sized pages (or whatever the US size is). I'm not expecting any additional import or handling costs for that though. I think the large handling charge its par for the course and the only way to avoid is to pay for duty up front which, last time I looked, AO does not offer.

I've had three Abstract Ocean orders, all using the DHL option and all arrived within 3-5 days including communication updates & even additional product photos taken by 'Chief Girl' Chrystal to confirm colour matches. In my experience she and Pete provide exceptional levels of customer service & their products are also of very high quality.

I've had three Abstract Ocean orders, all using the DHL option and all arrived within 3-5 days including communication updates & even additional product photos taken by 'Chief Girl' Chrystal to confirm colour matches. In my experience she and Pete provide exceptional levels of customer service & their products are also of very high quality.

DHL from the States is blindingly fast. Two orders from Mountain Pass Performance arrived in days. Quite a different story than DHL from Germany.

I didn't like the wood at first hut I think I'm used to it now.

There's no wraps available for the 2021 refresh version yet as it's on the door trims as well. Only one is from Richard Symons' place and that's about £400!!

Quite tempted by an alcantara wrap dashboard, looks a bit more classy than the wood.

Reactions: PaulMD
AO order arrived this morning so got to installing everything.

Blue footwell lights look great.

Couldn't get the glovebox LED out for love nor money, has anyone successfully done this? Mine was recessed at a horrible angle with the notch the wrong way round. Tight as hell and couldn't get any trim tool under it to get it out no matter how hard I tried. The helpful notch on the light was on the deepest end in the recess. A no go to get to that.

Drivers Footwell light was the same too, but I could at least pop the trim off easily to get to the back of it. Notch was also in the deep end. I installed it the other way round with the new bulb.

Two new LEDs in the boot, nice and bright now.

Also put the steering wheel wrap and door handle vinyls on, which look great. Particularly the carbon fibre door handles.

Attachments

• IMG_20210712_204554.jpg
    IMG_20210712_204554.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20210712_204842.jpg
    IMG_20210712_204842.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20210712_204830.jpg
    IMG_20210712_204830.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210712_204616.jpg
    IMG_20210712_204616.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20210712_205119.jpg
    IMG_20210712_205119.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: PaulMD
AO order arrived this morning so got to installing everything.

Blue footwell lights look great.

Couldn't get the glovebox LED out for love nor money, has anyone successfully done this? Mine was recessed at a horrible angle with the notch the wrong way round. Tight as hell and couldn't get any trim tool under it to get it out no matter how hard I tried. The helpful notch on the light was on the deepest end in the recess. A no go to get to that.

Drivers Footwell light was the same too, but I could at least pop the trim off easily to get to the back of it. Notch was also in the deep end. I installed it the other way round with the new bulb.

Two new LEDs in the boot, nice and bright now.

Also put the steering wheel wrap and door handle vinyls on, which look great. Particularly the carbon fibre door handles.
My glovebox and driver's side footwell lights were nice and horizontal like all the others (perhaps a little bit of tilt?). The glovebox was a bit of a contortionist experience due to limited movement, but it came out fine. Yours definitely looks...weird.

My glovebox and driver's side footwell lights were nice and horizontal like all the others (perhaps a little bit of tilt?). The glovebox was a bit of a contortionist experience due to limited movement, but it came out fine. Yours definitely looks...weird.
I mentioned it to the guy who does the installer videos on AO, and he said it's the new stuff from Shanghai so there's always potential slight differences. Same when Berlin is up and running.

They must of had a shipment in, the Aero Wheel Cap Kit is back in stock too

Thanks for the tip-off Erol. I’d setup an alert for when they were back in stock but haven’t received an email yet.

After your heads-up I ordered them and they’ve arrived today. Shame the car is with Tesla today to repair stone chips so I can’t install them 😀

Reactions: Erol