Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add another data point - I ended up doing this on my drive in this morning (first drive on 2022.12.3.1). My normal setting - Standard - felt off, although it wasn't a super obvious sensation.

To me "Sport" now feels like what "Standard" did, pre this update. I don't know what Sport or Comfort was like before, unfortunately, as I never used it (changed to Standard pretty much the first day of ownership).
Steering is definitely lighter.
Also I think the ride quality is a touch better. Feels like its soaking up the bumps a bit better?
M3LR.
Really wish Tesla would give us a list of ALL the changes made, like every other company does in changelogs 🙄

For what it's worth when I changed my steering setting to Sport mid drive I didn't see it save the profile, or tell me that it had changed, so I don't know what to make of that. Will check later on whether it's saved the setting, since I'm using Easy Entry.

Just to add another data point - I ended up doing this on my drive in this morning (first drive on 2022.12.3.1). My normal setting - Standard - felt off, although it wasn't a super obvious sensation.

To me "Sport" now feels like what "Standard" did, pre this update. I don't know what Sport or Comfort was like before, unfortunately, as I never used it (changed to Standard pretty much the first day of ownership).

Yes, I ended up shifting up to Sport as well after the update. I remember trying the Sport setting when I first got the car and at that time it just felt artificially heavy so stuck with Standard. Sport now still feels just a touch "dead" on a straightish road it is better weighted when actively turning the wheel. I don't know whether they have only varied the degree of progression in the weighting because Standard still felt OK when going generally straight ahead but felt a little too "loose" when actually turning. Either it's progression or they've lightened all the grades a touch. It wouldn't surprise me if the data showed that very few people were choosing the previous Sport and that they have realised the levels could benefit from tweaking.

To be honest I think it's the kind of change that's only apparent when you are familiar with the car being a certain way to begin with ... probably won't notice it after a few drives. I haven't mentioned the change to my wife and she has driven the car without making a comment so I don't think it's that noticeable (she's an experienced driver). I'll leave it another while before I discuss it with her because I don't want to inadvertently sway her opinion!

Yes, I ended up shifting up to Sport as well after the update. I remember trying the Sport setting when I first got the car and at that time it just felt artificially heavy so stuck with Standard. Sport now still feels just a touch "dead" on a straightish road it is better weighted when actively turning the wheel. I don't know whether they have only varied the degree of progression in the weighting because Standard still felt OK when going generally straight ahead but felt a little too "loose" when actually turning. Either it's progression or they've lightened all the grades a touch. It wouldn't surprise me if the data showed that very few people were choosing the previous Sport and that they have realised the levels could benefit from tweaking.

To be honest I think it's the kind of change that's only apparent when you are familiar with the car being a certain way to begin with ... probably won't notice it after a few drives. I haven't mentioned the change to my wife and she has driven the car without making a comment so I don't think it's that noticeable (she's an experienced driver). I'll leave it another while before I discuss it with her because I don't want to inadvertently sway her opinion!
You've described the sensation perfectly. I couldn't really put my finger on it, but as you say it's more of a difference noticed when cornering. I too feel like Sport is more "dead" with small adjustments, although I don't mind that too much as it means (in theory anyway?) that when I'm using AP that it will take more effort to knock it out of AP vs just applying force to remind it that I'm there.

Reactions: Adopado
Since 2022.12.3.1, I randomly hear the sega jingle play when I start driving.

If music is playing that is interrupted for the jingle to play and then resumed.

I suspect a reboot may fix it, but in an amusing way I'm kinda use to it now.

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel