Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have EAP or FSD but spotted something last night with TACC I hadn’t seen before - it might be just a new situation for me and been around for years or is it a recent software update 🤷‍♂️?

I was ignoring the satnav directions as I wanted to go the long way (on motorway) to destination rather than A roads. I was on an A road and it was telling me to turn left as I was approaching each side road and whilst doing so was braking so I didn’t try and turn left at 40mph. It seemed more like NOA than I recall experiencing before.

As I was ignoring its route I kept having to accelerate each time to return to the TACC speed.
Braking before placed turns seems new. I've noted it doesn't work well on new 'unmapped' roads as it slows down for every turning trying to reroute.

Otherwise I think it works well.

I assume it's the same logic that slows for roundabouts.

My over speed chimes have stopped since the last update (2023.32.9) and even when selecting "warning only" the speed icon no longer increases its shape when going over speed. Can anyone else confirm if this is normal or just my car not working correctly? Thanks!

In fact, a couple of days ago we got in the car and we had a continual bonging like the "fasten your seat belts", except it didn't stop! There wasn't any notifications on the screen or in the alarm history... Eventually, I rebooted the UI and it stopped bonging, thank goodness as I wouldn't have wanted that noise all the way home...

My suspicion is
Same. And there’s no obvious reason. It just picks a car on the left or right that’s doing nothing wrong and decides to give way. It’s not even as if they’re drifting into your path.
My suspicion is that they are using new code/nets that are US-optimized for their wider lanes and as a result easily get "scared" by how close we drive to cars in the next lane...

EDITED TO ADD: I mean, new code/nets derived from the FSD Beta work, which inevitably has not been tested to the same degree outside North America as the legacy code. I expect this will get better over time...

Last edited:
My suspicion is

My suspicion is that they are using new code/nets that are US-optimized for their wider lanes and as a result easily get "scared" by how close we drive to cars in the next lane...

EDITED TO ADD: I mean, new code/nets derived from the FSD Beta work, which inevitably has not been tested to the same degree outside North America as the legacy code. I expect this will get better over time...
Yes, but I've only got 3 more years on my lease. I'm not going to see the benefit of it getting better.......

Had a decent motorway drive yesterday first in a while - noticed the breaking when in EAP, it seems to be when cars break or indicator lights come on? Rather than vehicles doing something
Not really, in my case. The simple presence of a car in the nearside lane is enough for AP in my car to lift off when next to it. There's no rhyme or reason I can figure out that it's doing it. Perhaps an imperceptible movement towards the lane marker triggers it, but it's definitely happened to me many times when the car next to me seems to be staying well within its lane in a perfectly straight line.

Strangely it will drive fine a lot of the time and pass cars with no issues, but then seemingly randomly will react badly to an occasional car for no apparent reason. It's not a proximity issue, I've not had the problem at all with lorries or coaches who are much closer to their lane marker. It only seems to happen with cars.

Reactions: MB11
I have a real love/hate relationship with even the adaptive cruise and "safety" features on this car.

Had a full emergency braking scenario on a dual carriageway on Friday (before software update that is current). There was someone parked in the layby and I was just in cruise. Car decided that they are in my lane and decelerated pretty hard from 70MPH luckily no one behind me and it was quiet.

I can also not understand the follow distance at all - set to 2 (at 60MPH) and you are uncomfortably close, set to 3 and you are leaving a gap big enough to be considered fair game to an overtaker to pull into and it responds very slowly to increases in speed of the car ahead of you.

Multiple times today driving north it flagged the car on the left in red, sounded a warning, and applied heavy braking. I know Elon is claiming that AI will exterminate humanity and it looks like it’s starting already with his software.

It’s definitely sensitive to indicators coming on. Turning off forward collision warning fixes the problem temporarily but I’m not a fan of deliberately disabling safety features.

Frustrating that it now does this even if Autopilot isn’t engaged. At some point I’m going to collect the following car in the boot and I genuinely have no idea who might be liable.

Reactions: MB11
I suggest you report it in the app. I did last week, tec also told me to turn off forward collision to fix it, not brilliant since it was working fine! Tec called me to say he had seen some evidence on logging at the times I said, but then went on to waffle about ultrasonic picking up something , which was frankly garbage it was occurring all down the M6. Referred me to the manual on forward warnings then said he would report it and close the issue. The more that complain, the more drive they will have to fix it. What it’s trying to do is good, it’s just way too sensitive.

A bit OT but what happens if you report something like this and you are out of warranty? Do you get charged for investigating etc? Early Model 3’s (as is ours) are now out of general warranty and I’m sure plenty of younger cars at 50k+ miles.

Has there been a recent change in the performance of the seat belt warning for the rear seats? In the past when I have had the rear seats folded down and have carried heavyish goods on them, I haven't had any 'fasten seat belt' warnings and bongs for the rear seats. I assumed that they were disabled if the seats were folded. Today, I had the eats down and loaded with goods. The seat belt warning kept starting and stopping as I went round corners or over bumps suggesting that the load was being detected, intermittently, as a body on a seat. Very irritating.

Has there been a recent change in the performance of the seat belt warning for the rear seats? In the past when I have had the rear seats folded down and have carried heavyish goods on them, I haven't had any 'fasten seat belt' warnings and bongs for the rear seats. I assumed that they were disabled if the seats were folded. Today, I had the eats down and loaded with goods. The seat belt warning kept starting and stopping as I went round corners or over bumps suggesting that the load was being detected, intermittently, as a body on a seat. Very irritating.
Yes, whenever my wife or her sister are seated in an outer rear seat & rest a hand on the centre section this causes the warning. Very little pressure needs to be applied & I believe this changed with a fairly recent update as it never happened with the Model 3 or previously with the Y.

I suggest you report it in the app. I did last week, tec also told me to turn off forward collision to fix it, not brilliant since it was working fine! Tec called me to say he had seen some evidence on logging at the times I said, but then went on to waffle about ultrasonic picking up something , which was frankly garbage it was occurring all down the M6. Referred me to the manual on forward warnings then said he would report it and close the issue. The more that complain, the more drive they will have to fix it. What it’s trying to do is good, it’s just way too sensitive.
I reported it. They closed the job saying they couldnt find a hardware problem and thats that. Even though i sent them the many internet post about it.