Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, whenever my wife or her sister are seated in an outer rear seat & rest a hand on the centre section this causes the warning. Very little pressure needs to be applied & I believe this changed with a fairly recent update as it never happened with the Model 3 or previously with the Y.
So, is the view that seat belt warnings are stopped for the outer seats if the seats are folded down, but not for the middle seat? Looks like some experimentation is needed to check out the theory.

I reported it. They closed the job saying they couldnt find a hardware problem and thats that. Even though i sent them the many internet post about it.
They called me to talk about it. Basically every time one of these service requests comes in it's flagged up to the Autopilot team in a separate report / form. The more reports, the higher the priority, especially since the form has an option to tick for safety-related problems. They are frustrated by the problem too and are aware of the widespread nature, but don't get any direct feedback from Big Tesla about whether it's being prioritised for a fix. Reading between the lines, this is a sore point between service centres and the software team.

You could also submit a safety report to VOSA along with videos / stills from the camera showing what it's doing, which may also result in a kick up the backside (or, of course, Autopilot / TACC being immediately disabled in the UK for the foreseeable future).

I had the red flashing car to the left of me (they were in L2, I had just moved to L3), along with warning sounds and a decrease in speed to prevent an overtake a couple of days ago. I had TACC on (not Autosteer as I'd just changed lanes and I only have basic AP), was paying attention to the car on the left of me and passing at a difference of around 5mph. The car in L2 did not appear to either me or my wife in the front passenger seat to be moving towards my lane at all and there were no other cars ahead of it for at least 100 yards. After the AEB activation even my wife asked why the car did that as there was no apparent danger at all.

I could probably pinpoint a 5 minute window in which it happened but not exactly, and I didn't beep the horn to save any footage so it will have been overwritten by now. Is it worth reporting? SW version 2023.32.6 for ref.

Last edited:
My over speed chimes have stopped since the last update (2023.32.9) and even when selecting "warning only" the speed icon no longer increases its shape when going over speed. Can anyone else confirm if this is normal or just my car not working correctly? Thanks!

In fact, a couple of days ago we got in the car and we had a continual bonging like the "fasten your seat belts", except it didn't stop! There wasn't any notifications on the screen or in the alarm history... Eventually, I rebooted the UI and it stopped bonging, thank goodness as I wouldn't have wanted that noise all the way home...
For anyone suffering with this problem, the fix is to go to the Autopilot page and change the "fixed" to "relative" in the over speed section. This was found thanks to Tesla's remote service!

I had the red flashing car to the left of me (they were in L2, I had just moved to L3), along with warning sounds and a decrease in speed to prevent an overtake a couple of days ago. I had TACC on (not Autosteer as I'd just changed lanes and I only have basic AP), was paying attention to the car on the left of me and passing at a difference of around 5mph. The car in L2 did not appear to either me or my wife in the front passenger seat to be moving towards my lane at all and there were no other cars ahead of it for at least 100 yards. After the AEB activation even my wife asked why the car did that as there was no apparent danger at all.

Im wracking my brains here but this scenario sounds like a very early HW3 code option that thankfully, seemed to have been dialled out. Hopefully they will have learned from this and can do the same this time around.

I personally never suffered with the issue, but my wife did and it was a long time before she returned to using TACC.

Based upon some empirical evidence from her and others, is that when overtaking, the car would speed up to start the overtake (as it is designed to do), but because of the follow distance to the car in front (ie the one being overtaken), its as if the car seemed to think it was going to drive into the car being overtaken then suddenly change speed (some described it as a phantom brake). The solution at the time seemed to be to give a bit more room to the car in front when overtaking.

However in this scenario, the slow down was part of the overtake, where as with yours, the overtake may have completed? If so, doesn't sound like the same issue, but may be worth having a think about how close you may have been to the same car when you started your overtake.

Im wracking my brains here but this scenario sounds like a very early HW3 code option that thankfully, seemed to have been dialled out. Hopefully they will have learned from this and can do the same this time around.

I personally never suffered with the issue, but my wife did and it was a long time before she returned to using TACC.

Based upon some empirical evidence from her and others, is that when overtaking, the car would speed up to start the overtake (as it is designed to do), but because of the follow distance to the car in front (ie the one being overtaken), its as if the car seemed to think it was going to drive into the car being overtaken then suddenly change speed (some described it as a phantom brake). The solution at the time seemed to be to give a bit more room to the car in front when overtaking.

However in this scenario, the slow down was part of the overtake, where as with yours, the overtake may have completed? If so, doesn't sound like the same issue, but may be worth having a think about how close you may have been to the same car when you started your overtake.
I'd moved out into L3 about 5-10 seconds before arriving alongside the 'target' car, I'd say they were still around 1/2 a car length in front of me when it alerted. It wasn't close, it was a normal motorway overtake in dry and light conditions - one which I'd done tens of very similar in the prior 30 minutes on the same journey.

So, is the view that seat belt warnings are stopped for the outer seats if the seats are folded down, but not for the middle seat? Looks like some experimentation is needed to check out the theory.
My solution is to fold the centre armrest whenever either of the errant ladies are due to occupy the rear seats (with the added benefit that greasy, glittery, flesh coloured smears from the sister-in-laws' exposed limbs remain on a generally hidden-from-view part of the car until later application of a baby wipe).

I'd moved out into L3 about 5-10 seconds before arriving alongside the 'target' car, I'd say they were still around 1/2 a car length in front of me when it alerted. It wasn't close, it was a normal motorway overtake in dry and light conditions - one which I'd done tens of very similar in the prior 30 minutes on the same journey.
It's happening all the time to me on this latest update. It's doing exactly what it should if you try and undertake a car. Very poor that Tesla should regress to a situation that I've never had before and I started driving an M3 in 2020

I could probably pinpoint a 5 minute window in which it happened but not exactly, and I didn't beep the horn to save any footage so it will have been overwritten by now. Is it worth reporting? SW version 2023.32.6 for ref.
I think you can set up a long-press on the left-hand steering wheel button to save a clip, to avoid having to use the horn. I've set that up, anyway, but not actually used it.

I've had the same when driving down dark country lanes. It seems that you need to go above a certain mph for the auto function to work... That's another reason I use manual mode now...
Oh no, I was, err, in a hurry in certain parts and it was a good mix of lit B roads, unlit, dual carriageway and it was at 4AM so hardly any traffic.

I'll be interested to see if it's still doing it when I get back in the car.

I've had the same when driving down dark country lanes. It seems that you need to go above a certain mph for the auto function to work... That's another reason I use manual mode now...
I wish that was how it worked. Mine triggers all the time in 30mph areas when I’m nowhere near the limit. If there was an option to turn it off below 40mph I’d tick it.

> Only time it's done that and it was pitch black.

I've seen that. And autowipers don't work in that situation no matter how much it's raining (it was throwing it down at the time). It seems if it's dark enough the cameras just stop working.

Not something I can test every day.. this was on the way back from tebay.. but it wouldn't surprise me if it was still the same.

Reactions: Roy Batty
I don't know if it is a bug or change in the latest update, (2023.32.7) but I noticed that the proximity alerts are no longer shown while driving, i.e. the red and yellow semi-circles that appear next to the car when you are driving close to a hedge or wall on your nearside. Anyone else no longer seeing this?

These proximity warning seem to have returned with 2023.38.6 but I've just had a new download of 2023.38.8 so I'll have to check it again