Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just gave in and installed it, figure it’s inevitable anyway.

A few points:
  • The blind spot camera location defaults to the top right of the screen, which is probably the most logical place for it (overlapping the map covers the navigation info, bizarrely)
  • I didn’t get the “Traffic Route Highlighting” (or whatever it’s called) update in the release notes after I first installed it, I had to do a two button reset (probably a good idea anyway). I already knew about this issue beforehand so rebooted the car straight away after updating.
  • If you use Easy Entry make sure you don’t copy the settings for that to the cloud, as you can’t overwrite the settings afterwards. Change to your profile first before you add the cloud profile.
Did anyone who added a cloud profile delete the one on the car that was the basis for the copy? I deleted mine after - so I’ve only got my cloud profile and Easy Entry now..

A few points:
  • The blind spot camera location defaults to the top right of the screen, which is probably the most logical place for it (overlapping the map covers the navigation info, bizarrely)
  • I didn’t get the “Traffic Route Highlighting” (or whatever it’s called) update in the release notes after I first installed it, I had to do a two button reset (probably a good idea anyway). I already knew about this issue beforehand so rebooted the car straight away after updating.
  • If you use Easy Entry make sure you don’t copy the settings for that to the cloud, as you can’t overwrite the settings afterwards. Change to your profile first before you add the cloud profile.
Did anyone who added a cloud profile delete the one on the car that was the basis for the copy? I deleted mine after - so I’ve only got my cloud profile and Easy Entry now..
I found top left better (started top right) Upcoming nav info moves if covered by blind spot. Also top right covers auto lights Icons
Havent tried cloud yet. Will it work without a signal or is stored in the car?

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I assume it’s uploaded to the cloud. I was on wifi but I can’t imagine it’s not sent over LTE too, as it’s just profile settings.

I used my profile as the basis for the cloud profile. I then ended up with two “Daz” profiles, one in the cloud with my email address and the other local to the car (the one I’ve always used). Possibly a bit rash of me but I deleted the local profile afterwards, as having two profiles for me was triggering (or something).

I might try top left then, if top right obscures icons (wtf)

Reactions: Dilly
So has anyone used it on a lengthy, nighttime motorway journey with regular lane changes, or not?
Just finished 150mi round trip with transition from day to night, no issues on the motorway. AutoHB actually worked really well, wipers were great even in the mist, and no faults with TACC/autosteer

E: plus regular lane changes (am on basic AP) no issues re-engaging etc

Reactions: BillN
Just back home after a 600mile round trip on back roads, mountain passes, A roads and motorways. Car on 24.6 performed faultlessly. All types of weather and auto wipers needed no input from me. Used TACC, AP and Navigate on auto pilot without any issues whatsoever and certainly the automatic lane changes were much smoother. Only 1 issue of phantom braking when a car pulled across the A90 dual carriageway some distance ahead of me. The only thing not used was auto headlights as the journey was all during the daylight.

Reactions: PaulMD and Ozboz7

A few points:
Selfishly glad you’ve installed it - looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the auto HB etc once you’ve had opportunity to experience 👍

A few points:
Having copied my local profile to my cloud profile, I deleted my local profile and renamed my cloud profile to the old local profile’s name. Same for wife’s profile. All appears to be working as expected.

Reactions: Durzel
I’m off down to Cornwall tomorrow so Sod’s law says this is going to download tonight giving me no chance to test it out before I set off
As predicted

84036799-D33A-4E5A-A5D3-55044D8858EC.jpeg

Interesting it’s .8 and not .6 like everyone else seems to have been updated to

Selfishly glad you’ve installed it - looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the auto HB etc once you’ve had opportunity to experience 👍
You might be disappointed, sadly. I do very little mileage at the moment so I’m not likely to be as badly affected as others. But the times I have driven at night I’ve been woefully unimpressed by auto high beam, so I’m not holding out much hope.

I ultimately updated because Tesla said “it is what it is”, and short of never updating again I would have had to have accepted it at some point.

Reactions: BillN
Little tip (which may or may not be true but seemed to work for me and does no harm anyway)..if software update gets stuck at 50% (or 60% in my case), go through the process of requesting a service (But don’t actually complete the last step- unless you really want to I guess)… the self diagnostic seemed to give it a nudge.

Well done for pursuing on behalf of us all, and nice to see the acknowledgement of poor functionality.

Now - any bets on when we can expect to see a tweak? I guess they have devoted all the devs' time to improving fart noises and making sure Steam works (badly)....

Well done for pursuing on behalf of us all, and nice to see the acknowledgement of poor functionality.

Now - any bets on when we can expect to see a tweak? I guess they have devoted all the devs' time to improving fart noises and making sure Steam works (badly)....
Would take time. Fart noises do not need neural net like high beam or wipers. There isn't enough pipeline bandwidth available to do multiple things with the current stack. The new stack seems to do better perhaps by running a different NeRF algo or somesuch.

Reactions: goRt